My uni has an adult changing table!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDASDIC

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
One of the disabled bathrooms in my uni has an adult diaper changing table! It's so much easier to change using a changing table omg!

Is it easier than chaning laying on a bed, because I've always found that to be annoying?

I must admit that since I started putting on my diapers while leaning against a wall about a decade ago, I've never--not once--wished for a horizontal surface. And using a public one? Yeah, not so much. But hey, whatever floats your boat!

-RMS

IDASDIC said:
One of the disabled bathrooms in my uni has an adult diaper changing table! It's so much easier to change using a changing table omg!

Is that here in the US? I have yet to see one here. It would be helpful for me (wheelchair user) esp the times when my legs don't want to work long enough to change.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Aren't those more for people being changed? I wouldn't exactly think it would be easier to change myself lying down in public, let alone want to lie on a public table.

What is a uni?

University or College

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

IDASDIC said:

Wow, nice. Can you post a photo of it here?

They have cleaning products in the bathroom so I clean the table before and after using it :) My uni is really clean too since non-students aren't allowed on campus. For me it's easier than changing standing up because my disabilities mean I have really bad coordination so sometimes it takes me like 5 attempts to get the bottom tapes done properly if I'm standing ( I suck haha).

IDASDIC said:
...My uni is really clean too since non-students aren't allowed on campus...

So, regular people are dirty and students are clean? Hmm, interesting view. In my experience, it can be surprising what kind of condition young people (in school or even in the military) will live in or keep. Some of the dirtiest, filthiest, nastiest people out there are young students. Especially ones that view themselves as better than the rest of the population based on their student status or school enrollment and only wish to be segregated from the outside world and all those nasty people in it.

I always change standing up and use my net fixing pants to hold my nappy in place while I fasten the tapes.

Llayden said:
So, regular people are dirty and students are clean? Hmm, interesting view. In my experience, it can be surprising what kind of condition young people (in school or even in the military) will live in or keep. Some of the dirtiest, filthiest, nastiest people out there are young students. Especially ones that view themselves as better than the rest of the population based on their student status or school enrollment and only wish to be segregated from the outside world and all those nasty people in it.

Can depend on the location. I work for a university that is near a downtown district. Homeless people sneak into places at night and leave trash around. Not saying all homeless people are dirty either, I'm sure there are homeless that sneak in and leave without a trace, but we still have a lot that'll make a mess digging through trash or what not.

The few times I've tried on a bed or on the floor it's not worked out well. I end up having to lean forward to see what I'm doing, and this flexes my abs and changes my fit. When I get the tapes in and lay back down and relax, I can feel all the tapes slack way up, and I have to blindly adjust them in a bit.

I've been wearing disposable diapers 24/7 ever since they became reliable enough to replace cloth diapers with plastic pants, i.e. for roughly 25 years. One of the early brands (I can't remember which one) recommended putting the diaper on while standing up. The idea was to hold the diaper between your legs while taping the two top tapes and then to tape the bottom tapes. So that's what I learned to do and still do it that way. Works great. And you don't need a wall or anything else to lean on.

bambinod said:
The few times I've tried on a bed or on the floor it's not worked out well. I end up having to lean forward to see what I'm doing, and this flexes my abs and changes my fit. When I get the tapes in and lay back down and relax, I can feel all the tapes slack way up, and I have to blindly adjust them in a bit.

You just need a mirror on the ceiling over your bed. *wink*wink*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAO said:
You just need a mirror on the ceiling over your bed. *wink*wink*

The thought has crossed my mind a few times. But my eyesight isn't that sharp to be able to see what I'm doing accurately with a tape from 10-16 feet away. (mirrors are a two-way trip)

Also, I've found that beds have other issues. You "sink" into them a little when laying down, and that seems to affect the fit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back