Traveling in Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigersjr1

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone travel in there diapers on planes or car trips? How many diapers do you keep and bring when you travel? Do you ever change your diapers on like the plane seat or plane restroom? Do you change your diapers while your family or friends is in the car? Has anyone, like siblings or friends worn a diaper with you while traveling?

I'm incontinent so I have to wear nappies all the time. I usually bring one or two spare nappies but if I am lucky I don't need to change. If i need to change around my family I just say I need the bathroom and take my nappy bag with me but around my best friend I just say 'I need to go change' or 'I have to change my pullup/nappy' and go to the bathroom to change

Do the math - bring 6 adult briefs per day of travel

I must use adult briefs for bowel and bladder voiding. I use 5-6 per day including night and maybe a change of a bm in the middle of the night. If your trip is a week, that 42 taped briefs - usually two bags. I bring the two bags in a a larger carry on along with other supplies.

If I leave home for less than 30 minutes, I bring one spare small brief with a travel pack of wipes.

If I leave for the day, I bring a diaper bag with 3 or 4 different briefs, wipes, bags, plastic pants with snaps. I change standing and I suggest using seni or lille cloth backed briefs so the change is silent in the bathroom.

I wear suspenders while travelling to hold up a heavy brief.

If I am really desperate and have a full wet brief, I have changed myself outside on the street.IMG_7756.jpg

The new northshore briefs are great to travel with and apply standing and to change immediately when too wet or soiled.

Attachments

• IMG_7332.jpg
    IMG_7332.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 414
I nearly always travel diapered. No you do not change in the plane seat? Would you otherwise get undressed there? Troll post. If I was on a longer flight I'd definitely think about changing in the bathroom but usually, I just wait until we land.

Wear diapers all the time driving (just did 46 hours of driving in five days). Change in the rest room on the food/gas stops.

This question has come up a number of times. I'd suggest you do a search on it.

And yes, any incontinent person who also travels is likely going to wear a diaper.

You take with you as many diapers as you need, plus enough extras for those just in case moments. Do not change at your airplane or car seat, that would be rude and indecent. You use the restroom of course, which yes on a plane is crammed but doable.

Im a frequent traveller, business. For longer trips I have a large suitcase with a bag of diapers, sometimes two bags if the journey is longer. Also always a cabinbag with 4-5 diapers and extra clothes. Just in case they misplace my large suitcase, then I have my cabinbag as I regard as my emergency bag. Once I was travelling to China the connecting plane was late, and my suitcase came after two days, was it not for my emergency case I couldnt have continued. Being incontinent doesn't leave you much choices......I have had to change in small stalls well knowing others could hear both the crinkle from my diaper and the new fresh diaper as well as tapes. Also changing on planes is something I have experience with.....my rule of thumb plan according to your trip, only bring premium diapers and boosters with you, you know can last long, because you wint allways have the freedom to change a wet diaper due to meetings etc. Heavy diapers last longer, takes up less space and gives you the needed time.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI M2-801W med Tapatalk

No, I just tell my incontinence it has to wait until I get back in town...

Anyways, I usually figure out how many I **should** need and then I pack a pack more than that. So like if I'm out of town for a weekend and I usually go through half a pack in a weekend I'll pack two packs. Even premium diapers sometimes you pull one with a defect in the plastic or you end up popping the tape off while trying to secure it.

I wouldn't change in plainview of other people like in an airplane or something, that isn't appropriate and you'd be asking to get a public indecency citation. But on the flip side I won't go out of my way to hide my stuff either, especially on trips because that'd be a huge hassle to try to hide that from people you're rooming with at a hotel. Never had anyone take issue with their being a pack of diapers next to my bed in the room.

I guess I should mention this- again. When flying, pack all of your diapers in a separate bag. Airlines will allow one free checked bag as long as you declare whats inside the bag.

Do not put anything else in your bag though, or they won't accept it as medical.

I usually take a bag with me, because once I went to the doctors and there was a blizzard that closed the road , I got caught short on diapers, went to the store and all I could get were those crap depend real fit , on the ride home once the road reopened I wore five of them on top of each other with a diaper over all ,everything got royaly soaked from my pants to my tires , do I vowed never again, in summer I will only carry like 6 but for winter I take plenty of everything to make sure it doesn't happen again, I was more angry than embarrassed at the shit products they sell in stores, there is no freaking reason to handicap the handicapped.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I shall be travelling to the States in nappies later this year.

Slomo said:
I guess I should mention this- again. When flying, pack all of your diapers in a separate bag. Airlines will allow one free checked bag as long as you declare whats inside the bag.

Do not put anything else in your bag though, or they won't accept it as medical.

That's interesting...if you have a bag ONLY with diapers, they consider it , what? , medical supplies? Is that something you have to say when you buy your ticket ahead of time?

What's that process usually look like? I have a CPAP machine for example. Do they have you open it up right there at the check in to prove what's inside? Is there privacy at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No when you check in at the airport just check your bags in and the one that has medical supplies only gets checked in as just that a medical bag, and is exempt from fees and charges, so like last time I flew catheters,diapers,wipes,cream, lube and bipap,extra syringes all went into one bag and as I was checking it in I also removed my cushion and shoved that in , removed my joystick and taped my foot plate up ,got into the golf cart and was taken to the gate we're I was loaded into the planes wheelchair and brought on the plane to my seat , if traveling with medical conditions and products don't forget your TSA card that let's them know quietly your conditions and mitigation of your condition ( such as wearing diapers for IC ) these blue cards were designed to discretely make them aware , some people are afraid to say diapers in public ,just like many diabetics don't like to shoot up in public , the cards for not excempt you from security screens or anything like that , but it does give them advance notice of what they will find and that you would like to keep it confidential and adult like.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

cm90210 said:
That's interesting...if you have a bag ONLY with diapers, they consider it , what? , medical supplies? Is that something you have to say when you buy your ticket ahead of time?

What's that process usually look like? I have a CPAP machine for example. Do they have you open it up right there at the check in to prove what's inside? Is there privacy at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much, yes. Diapers are medical supplies, just as a cpap machine is. Of course you could have both diapers and your cpap in one bag and that would still qualify.

For airlines and train stations, just take the bag to the check in counter. Tell the agent it is for medical supplies and you would like to use their free checked bag for it. The agent will likely open the bag to verify what's in it, and will likely ask you what you need it for. So no, privacy likely won't exist right there. Just try to not let it embarrass you and you should be fine. For me, they usually just unzip the bag to check it but don't go pulling them out for everyone to see.

Oh, and call ahead to verify their policy for medical bags. Delta for example wants you to print out a small medical card, of which I wrote "incontinence- needs diapers" on the declaration line. American Airlines doesn't have anything like that though.

yeah any time im boarding a plane which is going to be a long flight also when driving i also like to wear

Currently typing this aboard a plane in a already wet Northshore Supreme diaper. As this is only 2-hour flight, just one diaper should suffice. For longer flights, I wear thicker diapers (usually a Bambino Bianco, baby diaper stuffer, and Large Attends).

The seatbelt sign has been on for the majority of the flight, and the free drinks in First Class are starting to catch up with me...needless to say...I'm glad I've got a good diaper on ;)

I'm going to be traveling on a long bus trip tomorrow and plan on wearing at least Pampers Size 6 since I heard the on-board bathrooms can get pretty... funky.

This'll be interesting lol.
I've worn a Little Pawz outside of the house once before, but I've never actually used one around other people.

Sheepies said:
I'm going to be traveling on a long bus trip tomorrow and plan on wearing at least Pampers Size 6 since I heard the on-board bathrooms can get pretty... funky.

This'll be interesting lol.
I've worn a Little Pawz outside of the house once before, but I've never actually used one around other people.

Truth be told, a little paws diaper is probably going to be a lot less noticeable than pampers. The obvious reason is when your pampers leaks it will leave a huge wet spot on you pants (not to mention your seat). Yes a swelled up little paws will add bulk to your crotch, but people don't notice this anyways so you'd likely stay much less noticeable overall.

Last time I traveled with diapers was a 5 day vacation. Packed a second suitcase just for diapers. Count your days and pack what you need, and add a few extra. I was going to be there for 5 days / 4 nights, so I packed 4 safari and a space for nights, plus 6x2 preschool for daytime wear. I also packed a construction drum liner, air freshener, talc, lotion, and a roll of duct tape, as well as a box of 1gal ziplocs. (you may want to pick something special for your return trip home too, I ended up wearing my space one night and drove home in a Safari!) The ziplocs were there to help provide longer term odor control for my (soaked!) overnight diapers, and they along with the dry daytime diapers all got stowed in the drum liner bag Drum liners are great because they're super thick and no odor seeps out, plus they are very durable and the top corners of ziplocs can't jab a hole in them like they often do with cheap kitchen bags.

I also pack a towel/bath sheet to have something to lay down on the floor when diapering. (bathrobe can work okay for this too) I use a lot of talc, and although I set down my open diaper below me when powdering up, it rarely catches it all and that helps keep me from leaving talc on the floor. (this can be a problem if the room you're in has say, a dark colored rug)

And just to press the point, I didn't pack any underwear. Although I wear close to 24/7 back at home, I will sometimes change out if I have some reason. So I kinda enjoyed the idea of being "forced to wear diapers all week." ;)

Keep in mind that wet diapers weigh a lot, especially if you have a lot of them. Last time I went on vacation was for 9 days / 8 nights, and my second suitcase was extremely heavy by the time I was loading back up the car for the return trip. And "If you thought all those diapers in the suitcase were taking up a lot of room, just wait till a bunch of them are wet and swollen up!" Make sure you have the space in your suitcase for all the used diapers, or some other way to dispose of them while you're "on location". And obviously don't fly back with a suitcase of wet diapers.

bambinod said:
Keep in mind that wet diapers weigh a lot, especially if you have a lot of them. Last time I went on vacation was for 9 days / 8 nights, and my second suitcase was extremely heavy by the time I was loading back up the car for the return trip. And "If you thought all those diapers in the suitcase were taking up a lot of room, just wait till a bunch of them are wet and swollen up!" Make sure you have the space in your suitcase for all the used diapers, or some other way to dispose of them while you're "on location". And obviously don't fly back with a suitcase of wet diapers.

Uh, why didn't you just throw out your used diapers? Even staying at hotels or camping there's always a trash can near by where you can toss out at least one or two at a time. Even on a cruise, or at someone else's home I've never had a big problem tossing out my diapers. Lugging them around with you just doesn't make sense to me.

Slomo said:
Uh, why didn't you just throw out your used diapers? Even staying at hotels or camping there's always a trash can near by where you can toss out at least one or two at a time. Even on a cruise, or at someone else's home I've never had a big problem tossing out my diapers. Lugging them around with you just doesn't make sense to me.

In my case I was staying with relatives, and they're retired so they're both home close to 24/7. I'm within eyesight of someone anytime I'm near a trash can and they're known to go through the can outside to prepare it for pickup. Privacy's pretty low there too, they've been known to try to walk in on me in the guest room repeatedly when I was trying to change. Not just a problem of no lock on the door.... NO DOOR. Was a little stressful at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back