I'm freaking out! What do I do? My mom found my bottle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
My mom was asleep so I thought it'd be safe to drink some fruit punch out of my favorite bottle. Long story short, I didn't hear her door open and she walked in my room looking for lotion. The only thing I heard was "who's is that bottle?"

Reflexively I grabbed it and tried to hide it behind me but it was too late. She saw it. In a panic I said "I like drinking out of them. It makes me happy and makes me feel young" I tried to keep the tone light but I was obviously panicked.

"But you are young?" she responded. Tired, didn't seem angry, but noticeably confused. She didn't make much of it, got the lotion and left.

"It's a secret! you didn't see anything!" I yelled out semi-playfully as I often do whenever she sees me doing random slightly naughty things like eating a midnight snack or sneaking an extra cookie. She already knows I refer to my boyfriend as "Daddy" in private but as far as she knew it was just a pet name. She found that out on accident. I hope she doesn't make the connection D:

I'm freaking out! What do I do? What should I say?
I was thinking of pretending it never happened and trying to explain a very simple explanation of regression and how it makes me feel if she asks. She was noticeably confused but didn't seem to make a huge deal about it.

Ahhh! Sloppy sloppy sloppy!:wallbash: Advice please!

how much different is a baby bottle from some of these water bottles I see now a days?
I would just let it go.

ArchtopK said:
how much different is a baby bottle from some of these water bottles I see now a days?
I would just let it go.

A very obvious blue bottle with safari animals on it.

Sheepies said:
I was thinking of pretending it never happened and trying to explain a very simple explanation of regression and how it makes me feel if she asks.

I think this is your best bet here. Hopefully she doesn't bring it up again, which it sounds like that might be how it goes. But if she does ask, you've already said it makes you feel young, so you'll just have to reinforce that.

From the sounds of it, I would just let it go. She seems to have taken it quite well, so I don't see any reason to dwell on it or bring any more attention to it. Even if she somehow does make the connection, is there any reason to be overly concerned about it? Her reaction to the bottle clearly shows she probably wouldn't make a big deal out of it, which is really good if you ask me.

She actually sounds like she's not too mad about it. Freakouts are best reserved for how to resolve overreaction from people who misunderstand. This is more casual than that I think. You're not going to suddenly lose your or get in huge trouble based on my read of your post, so deep breath first.

Your options are to have a follow up conversation with your mom, or to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist while planning on what to do if she brings it up. In either case, I think the points you'd want to highlight are that you enjoy having the bottle and it's something fun for yourself that you'd like kept private. The advantage of bringing it up yourself is that you can have the conversation a little more on your terms and maybe get the situation resolved to your satisfaction (maybe even reach a point where you can drink from it and if she sees you, it will be okay). The downside of bringing it up yourself is that if it was going to be ignored, you end up having an awkward conversation. You know your mom better than any of us, so once you calm down and have a chance you'll need to think it over, you should decide which approach you think is better.

I suppose you guys are right. I got too caught up in the stress of the moment and the more I think of it, a bottle is not the worst thing to have found.
(Hopefully she doesn't find my diapers; that's a different story)

Hoping she doesn't bring it up, but if she does, I have the conversation all planned out and will explain the stress relief benefits of regression.
I am worried she'll search my room now that she knows I hide things though.

You could tell her you wanted something spills proof when drinking juice in your room. Just a precaution when drinking on you bed (no worry about spilling or cleaning up your bed).

Sheepies said:
I suppose you guys are right. I got too caught up in the stress of the moment and the more I think of it, a bottle is not the worst thing to have found.
(Hopefully she doesn't find my diapers; that's a different story)

Hoping she doesn't bring it up, but if she does, I have the conversation all planned out and will explain the stress relief benefits of regression.
I am worried she'll search my room now that she knows I hide things though.

Is it that likely that she'd go search your room? That seems significantly worse than her casual reaction to you initially. I'm curious what makes you think that's a possibility though. At age 21, I think you should have some personal privacy, even if you're still living with your parents.

Hi Sheepies

Ok first thing deep breaths, in through the nose slowly and hold 123 and out through the mouth and repeat in through the nose, hold and out through the mouth.

Good, ok you are good and you are safe. And so far you have not done anything wrong, You telled the truth about it.

Now if she asks you any thing I advise that toy keep answer to the point but truthful.

Let your Daddy know what had happened so he can help you.

Remember your mum will won't the best for you and won't you to be happy, so I sergesed that if asked you let her know how happy regression make you fill.

We are all hear for you.

Siysiy

I almost always use a baby bottle to drink alcohol now. I've found it's quite practical in slowing down my rate of consumption, and they don't spill. And yes, I also simply enjoy sucking on a bottle too. It's a good way for me to de-sress. Given all of this, the question should be why wouldn't I.

Funny enough, my parents do know I like wearing a diaper. During one conversation with my mom she casually joked I should drink my alcohol from a baby bottle. I interjected, and said, well actually I already do. We had a good laugh.

Minor update
Still pretty tense but trying my best to calm down thanks for the advice everyone <3
Told my daddy about this, and he giggled telling me not to worry and helped me calm down a lot.
My mom hasn't come back from work yet and we casually texted a little bit (Just me asking about a jury summons this Thursday)
She hasn't brought anything up yet and hopefully she doesn't.

Will follow up when she gets home

Please be calm, look at it this way, a bottle is a plastic container with a piece of silicone - plastic containers are used as drinking vessels everywhere, sports bottles for instance are plastic, and silicone is used in many things, it is just a way of conveying liquid to your mouth, no big deal - there are plenty of worse things that you could be putting in your body. I know on the emotional side of drinking from a bottle; it is more than merely a piece of plastic, but it sounds like your mum is cool with it, and speaking as a mum to a 19 year old, we just know (well I do anyway), and don't interfere unless we feel it would help. On the topic of the bottle and just knowing, I picked-up that my son's girlfriend would like a bottle, she didin't tell me, but I knew, so I went out and bought her one, filled it with milk, and said 'You need to keep your fluid's up, and walked out - she was really happy, and now my son and his girlfriend freely top-up her bottles and sippy cups, and if I am making a cup of tea for the family, I just automatically line the cups up with her bottle there as well.

Final update:
My mom came home from work to me drinking out of a normal cup to which she playfully teased "What about your bottle?"
Flustered and with my face completely red I said "I can explain" but she said no need. Had a whole explanation of regression ready and everything. Actually she was quite amused and not angry at all which surprised me a whole lot. Extremely relieved but still a little tense about the whole thing lol
Still will likely not indulge in my little side around her but it's good to know she is not only neutral, but actually quite warm towards the idea.
When she was leaving I playfully called out "At least I'm not on drugs!" to which she laughed and agreed.
She's also referring to me as "my baby" which while sweet, makes me a little uncomfortable since she is my biological mother and all XD

Definitely will not be bringing up the fact that I use diapers though that's for sure!
You guys were all right; I was worried for nothing ^^"
That went much better than expected.

Hi Sheepies and sorry this happened. Like you said, at least she didn't discover your diapers. My mom did years ago and her reaction was not like your mom's at all. I had to see a shrink, so I think you're in a pretty good place. In the bigger picture, it's not bad being called a baby. Sometimes my wife calls me that and I like it.

I've been drinking from a sippy cup for years now, partly because it's a "little" thing to do, but partly because I got tired of spilling my glass in the bedroom and getting cranberry juice and ginger ale over everything including the wall. Bottles and sippy cups are really practical. All this will pass quickly because it's already old news. Still, I'm sorry you had to go through it. Discovery is never easy.

This might be a really good thing really. Your mom has shown she doesn't mind you using a baby bottle and has even joked about it with you.

With this it brings her one step closer to accepting you like diapers too. Now when she does eventually find out it won't be as much of a jump from nothing to diapers as it is with bottles to diapers.

Trust me with all the other choices for teens to relax from drinking to smoking the legal and illegal stuff. Your parents are relieved you only.are drinking from a baby bottle. And chances are they allreary know about the diapers anyway

You mentioned that she knows you call your boyfriend "Daddy". Assuming this is roleplay thing, you don't have to answer that obviously, your mother will most likely not ask questions, even she finds your Diapers, she'll probably think it is some sort of kink thing with your boyfriend and not ask. She'll probably not want to know if thinks it's a kink with your boyfriend,l, that be too much information, as long as your practicing safely in her mind, she probably won't say anything. I don't know your age, so that's why I mentioned her concern of you and your boyfriend sexual practice.
But if it gets brought up, you say it's something between you and your boyfriend and that should close the door on that quickly. Now if that's not the case, then explain in a way that you feel comfortable with.

Sorry to make light of your stressful situation but it never fails to amuse me how people assume the worst case scenario when something involves their parents. It is very sweet that you did not want your mother finding out about all this, almost like you want to protect her. I do feel this is a little lesson learned in that if you cannot trust your mother in this world, who can you trust? So glad it has all worked out and you can move on from your fright. I completely agree with you that speaking anymore about it may simply lead to both of you feeling very awkward. Let what has happened be a positive in that you have opened up to the most important person in your life. No more need be done now, enjoy the special moment of being close to your mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back