Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I really like the Lion Guard 4T-5T designs but wasn't sure if they're worth getting or not.
How does their absorbency compare to Pampers size 6?

Huggies Pull Ups barely hold anything. Pampers Easy Ups or Diaper / Nappy pants hold more and then DryNites / Goodnites even more but pull ups aren't as good as tape on diapers.

CookieMonstah said:
Huggies Pull Ups barely hold anything. Pampers Easy Ups or Diaper / Nappy pants hold more and then DryNites / Goodnites even more but pull ups aren't as good as tape on diapers.

Darn that's what I figured.
I imagine them hardly holding anything and feeling soaked very quickly seeing as they're meant to aid with potty training.

Was mostly interested in the designs. I wonder now... If it's possible to take the design off of one of those and apply it to a larger diaper like Abena...
Hmmmm that's got the wheels turning all right! I wonder...

I have both the Lion Guard ones and the Palace Pets ones. Honestly, they're not that bad. I mean, I can give them a moderate flooding; sometimes they leak, sometimes they don't. You'll probably have better results if you go in spurts over flooding. At least give them a shot, I agree the Lion Guard designs are awesome!

I sometimes use the always discreet underwear because they're thin enough that no one can tell even if I just wear leggings and they hold up to several wettings. But I am incontinent so I have smaller wettings then just one really big one like continent people have.

I have found with the these newest designs of Pull-Ups the absorbency is much better than previous versions. I say go ahead and get the Lion Guard Pull-Ups!

pullups are made for kid's proportions and bladder sizes.

rennecfox said:
pullups are made for kid's proportions and bladder sizes.

Well sure, you're going to get more use out of an adult diaper... but if you're looking for fun over functionality, why not?

I have a pack of Abena L4's I ordered in September sitting unopened in my closet - with their cost and, for me, difficulty in obtaining them, they're more of a special-occasion diaper. Meanwhile, modded Pull-Ups are my go-to padding. They just hit all the right buttons for me!

KimbaStarshine said:
Well sure, you're going to get more use out of an adult diaper... but if you're looking for fun over functionality, why not?

I have a pack of Abena L4's I ordered in September sitting unopened in my closet - with their cost and, for me, difficulty in obtaining them, they're more of a special-occasion diaper. Meanwhile, modded Pull-Ups are my go-to padding. They just hit all the right buttons for me!

Modded pull ups? Ooooh do tell how you do that please!

Sheepies said:
Modded pull ups? Ooooh do tell how you do that please!

Heh... Well, it's not the most-attractive looking set-up, but it works. I cut the crotch out of a pair of panties, leaving two strips of the fabric hanging down on each side, front and back. I attach the sides of the Pull-Up to these strips with diaper pins (four total), then use smaller safety pins to attach the top of the training pants, front and back, to the panties. (I use two safety pins front and back for a total of four but more or less could work.)

Due to my weight, this is pretty much the only way for me to wear Pull-Ups, save for just stuffing them inside my underwear.

When I was first diagnosed as incontinent around three years ago, the first thing that my primary care doctor prescribed were pull-ups. I think the only reason he did that was because they were cheap, and were covered by my insurance. They were ostensibly convenient to put on, take off, and wear, but they leaked like a sieve. So, in my honest opinion, I cannot recommend them to anyone. I have had a lot better success with a traditional diaper and a good booster pad, as well as a large pair of vinyl pants over the diaper. Even the Covidien Wings Plus diapers that are provided by my insurance, while cheap and somewhat thin, are vastly superior to pull-ups, in my humble opinion. Currently, I'm using Tranquility ATN's with Tranquility booster pads. That combination works fairly well, as long as I am forgiving of the tapes, and do not stress them too much by trying to fasten them too tight. While it is indeed a matter of personal preference, I cannot in good faith understand why anyone would prefer pull-ups over regular diapers, especially for people who urinate frequently and heavily, like I do.

IDASDIC said:
I sometimes use the always discreet underwear because they're thin enough that no one can tell even if I just wear leggings and they hold up to several wettings. But I am incontinent so I have smaller wettings then just one really big one like continent people have.

AngelKitten said:
When I was first diagnosed as incontinent around three years ago, the first thing that my primary care doctor prescribed were pull-ups. I think the only reason he did that was because they were cheap, and were covered by my insurance. They were ostensibly convenient to put on, take off, and wear, but they leaked like a sieve. So, in my honest opinion, I cannot recommend them to anyone. I have had a lot better success with a traditional diaper and a good booster pad, as well as a large pair of vinyl pants over the diaper. Even the Covidien Wings Plus diapers that are provided by my insurance, while cheap and somewhat thin, are vastly superior to pull-ups, in my humble opinion. Currently, I'm using Tranquility ATN's with Tranquility booster pads. That combination works fairly well, as long as I am forgiving of the tapes, and do not stress them too much by trying to fasten them too tight. While it is indeed a matter of personal preference, I cannot in good faith understand why anyone would prefer pull-ups over regular diapers, especially for people who urinate frequently and heavily, like I do.

She's talking about Huggies Pull-Ups for kids, not adult pull-ups.

Yeah, that just makes it worse. Adult pullups don't work for anything more than light or stress incontinence.

Baby pullups aren't even made for adults. Their absorbency and fit are going to be way worse than adult pullups too. So no, they are not going to be good.

Sheepies said:
I really like the Lion Guard 4T-5T designs but wasn't sure if they're worth getting or not.
How does their absorbency compare to Pampers size 6?
In my opinion, stick with adult dispers with tabs. Hey hold more than a pullup ever could

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back