Question for Northshore Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, Adam. I so appreciate your forthright input on these forums so I thought I'd ask you something I've been wondering about for some time.

Depend products suck, as we all know, but they do have something no other company has been able to replicate yet: Real Fit/Silhouette underwear. Yes, like all of their products, they're only made for light incontinence, but they use a material that fits great, looks great, and feels great. Do they have a patent on that material? Why has no other company been able (willing?) to make a similar product?

One of the things Northshore does best is make good products great. If your company could manage to produce a Real Fit-type of underwear, but with leak guards and a pad that could hold more than a dribble without leaking, you'd be a hero to millions.

Any insight you can share?

-RMS

If he doesn't pop up here, you can email him at info@ his website name.

Thanks, Willnotwill. I thought a few people might be interested in his response to this, which I why I posted it here, but if he doesn't work till Monday he may never see this. Maybe I'll take you up on that. :)

-RMS

Have you tried the new Northshore GoSupreme pull-ups? They have the same similar frilly-looking elastic fabric as the Depend brand, but unlike Depends they actually absorb urine - almost as much as the tape-on Supreme diapers!

I believe they have a product like that now!:D called the northshore go supreme pull ups with dual leak guards. U should take a look :)

Thank you both. I have indeed tried the GoSupremes, and they are capacious, no question. But my question is about the elastic material used in the Depend Real Fit pull-ups. They're only for light absorbency, but they fit great and absolutely stay put. Nothing else I've ever seen fit as well as they. If NorthShore could find a way to use that elastic material and incorporate their leak guards and absorbency, they would rule the freakin' world. I'm telling you, that would be spectacular and a true game-changer.

-RMS

Shamelessly bumping this post.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
Hi, Adam. I so appreciate your forthright input on these forums so I thought I'd ask you something I've been wondering about for some time.

Depend products suck, as we all know, but they do have something no other company has been able to replicate yet: Real Fit/Silhouette underwear. Yes, like all of their products, they're only made for light incontinence, but they use a material that fits great, looks great, and feels great. Do they have a patent on that material? Why has no other company been able (willing?) to make a similar product?

One of the things Northshore does best is make good products great. If your company could manage to produce a Real Fit-type of underwear, but with leak guards and a pad that could hold more than a dribble without leaking, you'd be a hero to millions.

Any insight you can share?

-RMS

Yes, Kimberly Clark does have many patents on all aspects of diaper manufacturing including some of the unique features of Silhouette/Real Fit. That said, our NorthShore FlexSupreme Underwear has similar technology in the waist as Real Fit, i.e. full elastic stretch panel waist. FlexSupreme also has much higher absorbency than Real Fit but there are other features about fit and feel that are certainly different between the two.

While the FlexSupreme is superior to Real Fit on absorbency and coverage, it still does not fit/cover just right for many people. This is why we launched the GoSupreme underwear this year. GoSupreme has wider and longer coverage and tighter fitting leg openings. As far as the waistband, the GoSupreme is not the same as Real Fit/FlexSupreme and is more old-style with the elastic strands...just it has a ton of them and they are protected very nicely so they will not pinch and will stay up when heavy pretty darn close to FlexSupreme. We've even layered the elastic strands down far enough to cover the absorbent core in both front and back which means they hold the core much closer to the body than many other brands and reduce bulkiness.

In the end, the FlexSupreme and GoSupreme both have the exact same total absorbent capacity, but they fit much differently. Our experience is that the FlexSupreme are generally working better for women or people with larger hips and thighs or waists over 60 inches, while the GoSupreme works better for those that need extra coverage in front (males) or back (bowel incontinence) or have skinnier legs.

I'm posting some better photos of GoSupreme on the other thread now for those that want to see the elastic waistand up close.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Thanks very much for your interest in our products.

Thank you, Adam. You're absolutely right that the GoSupreme undies are the most capacious undies on the market. Period. They're awesome. They could hold back a tsunami and beg for more. But the one and only thing the Depend Real Fit have over your magnificent undies is the way they fit and look. The GoSupremes do fit better, but they still have that granny-panty look to them and I guess I was just hoping to get every wish granted. Oh well, patents expire eventually, right?

-RMS

RMS401 said:
GoSupreme undies are the most capacious undies on the market. Period. They're awesome. They could hold back a tsunami and beg for more.
-RMS

I really like your quote :cool: I'll pass that along to our product development team!

For sure, we'll keep working on making a better fitting underwear. There are a lot of technological advances in nonwoven materials these days. With current technology it is not possible to have the feel of Real Fit and the capacity/coverage of GoSupreme. Thanks very much for your feedback!

NorthShoreAdam said:
I really like your quote :cool: I'll pass that along to our product development team!

You're welcome to it, my good man. :)

-RMS

adam I use your north shore supreme lite I got a sample of your gosupreme I have ibs and the pullups are better then others
can the rear portion of the pullup have more padding wider in the seat and the leg gathers be spaced out more the front works out better keep up the good work and thanks for hearing r input

plastic said:
adam I use your north shore supreme lite I got a sample of your gosupreme I have ibs and the pullups are better then others
can the rear portion of the pullup have more padding wider in the seat and the leg gathers be spaced out more the front works out better keep up the good work and thanks for hearing r input

I'll take another look at the rear design and see if we can do even better. Thanks for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back