Help! Does anyone have tips to resist purging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The last time I bought diapers, it wasn't long before I threw them all out due to the purge part of my cycle. But, I just ordered a case of M4's and I'm currently feeling comfortable accepting myself as a dl. How long this will last is beyond me, so does anyone have any tips on how to overcome the purge half of the binge purge cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it was always logical. I knew I would have the desire again so no point throwing stuff out when I would need it probably a day later (plus I hate to waste things so that was another reason to keep them). Therefore the logical thing to do was...nothing. Keep them. However I know it's not that easy for everyone to think like that. I think it comes from just accepting yourself really and learning to love who you are. It's a challenge something I still do struggle with as well but throwing away good nappies won't solve anything (again logical thinking). Sorry that my post lacks more heartfelt words but seriously that's how I deal with it maybe you're the same.

One day at a time. Tell yourself that you can just as easily toss them tomorrow and keep rolling that forward. A person who didn't like diapers could happily store a bag with no difficulty, so if your desires were to legitimately fade, it wouldn't matter if you still had them.

Ultimately, I think it will be most productive to try to get right in your head with this overall and avoid the binge/purge feelings. Accept that we're all fallible and flawed and this harmless quirk brings you pleasure. Shared with others under good circumstances and it can even be a positive thing. Keep working on it and you can be happy.

get a closet and put your stash there.

Christophuur said:
The last time I bought diapers, it wasn't long before I threw them all out due to the purge part of my cycle. But, I just ordered a case of M4's and I'm currently feeling comfortable accepting myself as a dl. How long this will last is beyond me, so does anyone have any tips on how to overcome the purge half of the binge purge cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moderation, both in practice and in abstaining

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I used to have a problem with purging, as many of us here (I'm guessing) has had, as well. Before I stopped the purge cycle, I would hide my diapers in a place that was hard to get to. I would put them in places like under a bunch of boxes in the crawl space or in the attic or something. That way it takes work to get to it. When your feeling like you want to purge, you might get the thought of "Ugg. I don't want to go up in the attic to throw that away right now. I'll do it later." Then when "later" comes the desire to throw them away might be gone, as well. Also, if you still live with people that don't know about your interest in diapers then hide them in a place where you wouldn't be able to easily access it if other people are home. For me, one place was in the ceiling of the basement. I would access the ceiling from the unfinished portion of the basement in the the mechanical room. I could only access my stash when the house was empty but it kept me from having easy access to toss it, as well. This type of hiding place does, of course, limit you access so that you can't get it necessarily when you want to but its great when you hide it in a place that NOBODY will look. I no longer have to hide it like this though, as I don't live with my parents anymore. Additionally, I don't purge my diapers anymore as I realized it was just wasted effort and money because I always eventually bought more.

Dinosaur has got the most practical idea. Hide your stash in a hard to get place. It'll be patiently waiting for you when your desires return. And they will.

I looked at the price tag on everything. Literally. When I felt like I needed to purge I would get all of my little things, look up their price, and add up how much it would cost me if I threw it all away. It usually numbered in the hundreds of dollars (and it hasn't come down). That number alone usually stopped me, but I also added in the personal loss I would suffer if I wanted those things again and they weren't there, the loss of the calming feeling they give me, etc. If that fails and you still feel the need to purge, you can try only getting rid of a small amount of things at a time. Just get rid of one pacifier instead of all of them, only throw away a quarter of your diapers. Not only woul that save you from loosing everything, but it also helps exercise not falling into the purge cycle the next time those feelings come up.

Like the others said, moderation is key and do not throw out your diaper supplies.

Right now while you're still in the binge phase, try not wearing a diaper for a while. And the next time you don't want to wear a diaper, do so anyways. This will cut down on the highs of binging, and prevent your purging from going too low or extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back