Status
Not open for further replies.

thickdiapers

Loving diapers since 1974!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I placed an order a few days ago for a bunch of diapers to be shipped to the US, and received confirmation that the order is "complete". I did not get a tracking number though, and there also isn't one on their site. Has anyone else gotten one when they placed an order? I sent an email to them asking for one but haven't heard back.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Check the email for the dhl logo. I seem to remember the tracking link is near the DHL logo but you have to look very carefully because it is very small font.

Hmm... my order confirmation email that said my order was complete was just in plain text. I just translated a different email I received from them when I placed the order and it said that they don't provide tracking numbers, but to expect it from DHL directly. That's just bad service...

Just received a reply to my email with the tracking number. I guess I was worried about nothing :oops:

Hey, when I've ordered from them the tracking info can sometimes comes a little later; I've had things shipped to the UK via UPS and I got all the SaveExpress confirmation emails but no tracking; then eventually all the tracking stuff came direct to my inbox from UPS including an arrival date. I just wish SaveExpress would 'English up' their website a bit more. Clicking the little English flag only half translates the site, and you have to half-guess the checkout process. I've lost a few baskets in the past. Never had any bother with an order though; always turns up well packaged and discrete.

Yeah -- I don't think you get the tracking number until the courier has actually received the parcel.

There are also about five different shipping methods/services to the UK (I assume it's the same in other regions). I'm not sure, but I vaguely remember getting an untracked shipment from Save Express once. I tend to opt for UPS with tracking now, though.

I ordered a case of mydiaper night direct from them awhile ago. Although the order was made on their "english" version of their website, all email has been in german and was a tad difficult to understand. It looked like it was being shipped DHL. I paid the extra ($3?) for "neutral packaging".

Some time later I get a pickup note from my post office, big box here for you. (might have been DHL overseas, with final delivery by us post office? a bit like SmartPost?)

Went in to pick it up. Their idea of "neutral packaging" was to place semitransparent brown packing tape over one of the two biggest MYDIAPER labels. So don't count on it being neutral, it's going to say DIAPER on several sides of the box, in large letters. Waste of money for that.

Was a bit miffed over that, but owell. People ship stuff in diaper boxes all the time. At least postal workers are less inquisitive than parents!

But the diaper are great, they're built well, look good, and perform well. And for where they have to come from, they're not that terribly expensive. Would be nice to have a local retailer here in the USA for them that didn't have such a high markup that direct from Germany ends up being cheaper.

bambinod said:
Went in to pick it up. Their idea of "neutral packaging" was to place semitransparent brown packing tape over one of the two biggest MYDIAPER labels. So don't count on it being neutral, it's going to say DIAPER on several sides of the box, in large letters. Waste of money for that.

No way! Mine always arrive in plain brown boxes, or the standard Abena boxes (which are discreet enough).

Just to quickly add to the "discreet packaging" discussion. I've ordered from SaveExpress a number of times, and more than once, their discreet packaging was a cardboard diaper box of some adult diaper brand (Tena, Abena etc.) turned inside out. So it was plain brown on the outside which is fine for the delivery, but it does mean that you might have to be extra careful when you throw the packaging away...

Just thought I'd offer an update:

Just received my order today. I ordered on Feb 12th, the order shipped on the 13th, and I received it today, the 28th. All in all a pretty quick delivery considering it was coming from Germany to Chicago.

The boxes I received were discreet, but they were in rough shape. They were broken open a little in a couple of places, and if you were curious, you could see that there were diapers inside. I don't really care about that anymore, but some might. I also ordered from them a couple of years ago (4 packs of diapers) and they were packed kind of loosely, which made them move around in transit and damage the box.

This order was a whopper. I ordered 2 of all of the diapers they carry in size large and extra large. This totaled 226 diapers. The bill came out to about $360 USD including shipping. Pretty reasonable. I've noticed with SaveExpress that the more you order, the better deal the shipping becomes.

If I can figure out how to post pictures here, I'll show you the haul. Holy cow, I am set for a while!

IMG_20170228_184930.jpg
IMG_20170228_184942.jpg
IMG_20170228_185820.jpg
IMG_20170228_191503.jpg

Last edited:
thickdiapers said:
Just thought I'd offer an update:

That's quite a haul, yep you're definitely set for awhile.

and yes they really don't pack their diapers all that well for international shipment. Diapers are heavy and bulky, you can't just ship them in a single walled basic cardboard and expect it to arrive undamaged.

At least they're not fragile ;)

Is there a web site for save express

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

I just ordered about 60 diapers and a few others things from Save Express. I live in Germany, so international shipping/handling/damage isn't an issue. I'll post my impressions when they arrive :)

BritneyShagwell said:
I just ordered about 60 diapers and a few others things from Save Express. I live in Germany, so international shipping/handling/damage isn't an issue. I'll post my impressions when they arrive :)

Nice! Definitely let us know :) Germany, land of the endless diaper selection. If I lived there, I would have to have a seriously huge storage area for diapers :p

I've ordered there a couple of times. They are really fast, as soon as the payment is done the products were packed and shipped, so the parcel arrived 2 days after ordering. I live in Germany, but I think it's still very fast.

The selection is huge and I really like that they offer every diaper in small amounts.

The box was a bit thin, but it was intact so it's OK for me. Never ordered neutral packing but it arrived in a brown cardboard box without a hint what was in there.

corvus said:
I've ordered there a couple of times. They are really fast, as soon as the payment is done the products were packed and shipped, so the parcel arrived 2 days after ordering. I live in Germany, but I think it's still very fast.

The selection is huge and I really like that they offer every diaper in small amounts.

The box was a bit thin, but it was intact so it's OK for me. Never ordered neutral packing but it arrived in a brown cardboard box without a hint what was in there.

Same for me... I ordered 60x assorted diapers, a couple of onesies and a pair of plastic snap pants. I ordered Thursday (late in the evening). The order was filled on Friday, shipped on Saturday, arrived on Monday (today). A single, heavy box, with no markings. The box was appropriate size, but there was no extra padding/filler, so international shipping might have been an issue. The box was actually very sturdy, but empty space is empty space...

Of course, I haven't had time to try ALL of the diapers yet. I will say that their onesies are accurately sized and have four metal snaps. The snaps are nice, but they are more-or-less in the middle of the crotch, with the rear flap barely longer than the front flap, making self-changing/fastening just a little harder than it needs to be :)

I ordered four different diapers, once I have time to give them a run for their money, I'll post my findings. I'm wearing one of their onesies and a diaper now.

P.S. As a free "bonus gift", they sent a single sample Molicare "extra plus" moderate absorbancy cloth-backed disposable diaper. Not something I would ever wear, but I appreciate the thought :)

thickdiapers said:
Nice! Definitely let us know :) Germany, land of the endless diaper selection. If I lived there, I would have to have a seriously huge storage area for diapers :p

Upon reviewing my order, I realize I only ordered three different diapers. At one point, I had seven different kinds, but I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the total :) I ended up with two of the MyDiaper brand, "PinK and "Night". I haven't tried them out yet, but they are basically identical to each other, just with different colored backing. Same size, shape, thickness, leak guards, etc... The one I did try was a Rearz brand Spoiled-style diaper. I have no idea if this is authentic, or a knock-off, but it performed well. As advertised by Rearz, the plastic backing is thick and LOUD. The tapes worked well, although I did not attempt adjusting/re-fastening. I wore a single diaper with a Garywear cover and a onesie for twelve hours, through multiple wettings.

The wicking was decent, and the absorbency was fine. After ten hours, there was a little condensation on the interior of the Garywear brief... There were no outright leaks, but there was moisture around the leg guards. During similar conditions, my Northshore Supremes did not show condensation or moisture around the legs. Also, the Northshore is just a little bigger all around, and the absorbent area/wicking just a little better.

All in all, certainly a very good diaper, if not the best. I'll likely use them for non-work wear, and night-time wear with a protective cover for insurance. They certainly look and feel baby-ish, but their performance is just not quite up to the premier brands like Molicare Super, Abena X-Plus or Northshore Supreme. Nevertheless, I'm not sorry that I bought them. They are certainly serviceable, and way more AB-appropriate than the other brands that I mentioned.

I'll probably wait and test the MyDiaper ones over the weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back