Why are ABDL diapers not shipped with one fold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddeddownthere

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I admit this is probably a bit of a minor pet peeve that not everyone shares. But it really bothers me that diapers are shipped with two fold. I wish they were ship like baby diapers with one fold and came out of the package looking the same. Anyone else feel the same way?

Why? shipping costs. Smaller packages take up less space.

Getting more diaper packs in a case it all has to do with shipping and package size.
As com packed as can be more case's in container cuts cost in shipping and warehouse space.

I would love to be able to do half fold, but I have not found a manufacturing machine the during the final folding process, allows for a half fold configuration on anything larger than a baby diaper. It's just how the machines were built.

Also, a tri-fold is more anatomically correct for humans as you have three 'sides' to your crotch if you think about it. Just sayin ;)

-Casey.

Adult diapers are alot bigger, one fold would require different packaging which would require odd shaped boxes that would increase the costs. I've gotten some one folds before (dignity and absorbs do this) and it amounts to a big bag with only about 12 in it, and these aren't really thick diapers.

Do you really want pay more just because of less folding?

Last edited:
I've bought a few brands where they're folded in half. But they just look weird to me as they're so long and thin! I quite like the three-fold packing method.

- - - Updated - - -

rennecfox said:
Do you really want pay more just because of less folding?

Folding won't change the volume. There's no logistical reason that diapers should be folded in three instead of two.

tiny said:
Folding won't change the volume. There's no logistical reason that diapers should be folded in three instead of two.

Yes it won't change volume or weight, but it changes the shape, which means you will need different packaging, and these won't be standardized boxes at that point. These will be bigger and more awkward to get the same amount of the product out, delivery places will charge more for these boxes as they take up more space, or they will have to reduce case sizes meaning you'll end up geting less diapers in the box. Nevermind the cost of you will have modifying the equipment to make it work

Actually this has everything to do with fitting on a store shelf. Diaper manufacturers learned a long time ago that if it doesn't perfectly fit on a store shelf then it will either get stuck at the bottom where nobody looks, or just won't get stocked at all.

Of course not all diapers are sold on store shelves these days, but the machines that make and package them do share with other brands that are.

rennecfox said:
Yes it won't change volume or weight, but it changes the shape, which means you will need different packaging, and these won't be standardized boxes at that point. These will be bigger and more awkward to get the same amount of the product out, delivery places will charge more for these boxes as they take up more space, or they will have to reduce case sizes meaning you'll end up geting less diapers in the box. Nevermind the cost of you will have modifying the equipment to make it work

But these companies already produce diapers with a single fold. If they were to change to two-fold, they would need different packaging, non-standard boxes, etc. And they'd have to modify all their equipment to make it work.

It doesn't make any difference whether the diapers have one fold or two. But changing from one-fold to two is going to be an unnecessarily costly process.

tiny said:
But these companies already produce diapers with a single fold. If they were to change to two-fold, they would need different packaging, non-standard boxes, etc. And they'd have to modify all their equipment to make it work.

It doesn't make any difference whether the diapers have one fold or two. But changing from one-fold to two is going to be an unnecessarily costly process.

I'm confused, are you arguing against with me or agreeing?... because your mentioning in agreement two of my points; the boxes and the equipment modification yet stating it like you are disagreeing.

I was saying the boxes would be non standard change and it would be expensive to modify equipment.

klo555 said:
I would love to be able to do half fold, but I have not found a manufacturing machine the during the final folding process, allows for a half fold configuration on anything larger than a baby diaper. It's just how the machines were built.

Also, a tri-fold is more anatomically correct for humans as you have three 'sides' to your crotch if you think about it. Just sayin ;)

-Casey.

Makes sense!

I hadn't really thought about this before but if reality somehow warps and this becomes a possible thing to change from tri to bi fold that would be great but then we need a more traditional babyish packaging for SDKs & Cushies.

I'd rather have the two folds since I think a single fold would put a crease right where the sensitive parts are on the body.

Somehow I missed klo555's post until I replied. He answered the practical side of it being even harder than I expected. It's of no consequence to me at all how they're folded. Some parts of presentation do matter a little but every deviation from the norm will likely have a cost. My enjoyment of wearing a good diaper so far outweighs most of these other concerns that I can't be bothered to worry.

klo555 said:

I kinda figured that's why everyone tri-folds adult diapers. But it's a bit of a shame, my memories of diapers from years ago were always bi-fold, and that really says "diaper" to me much clearer than the trifold.

I pretape my daytime diapers for a better fit. I'll lay down a fresh one as I powder up, to catch the powder, pull up the previous pretaped, add more powder on the sides, (continuing to use the new diaper as a "drop cloth", and then pick that up and pretape it for tomorrow. When I set that one aside, I always bi-fold it. Loots so much better! I'd probably do them like that a bag at a time if I wasn't using them as drop cloths for my powder.

Of course tri-fold also fit better in my diaper cabinet... *sigh*

Oh and I just noticed... my forum avatar to the left, those are all bifolded and pretaped dry247s and teddies. Don't they look so much better that way? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back