Not open for further replies.

DLMelissa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Not sure how, but I somehow last week I got a bladder infection from using my diapies, went to the doctor, and explained to him I had a fetish for wearing diapies and that I use them, and thats how I feel I got the infection, and turns out I was right, so now I'm scared to use diapies again :/

Did the doctor give you any specific advice regarding diaper use? I would imagine keeping up good hygiene would drastically reduce the risk of infection, but you may be particularly prone to them for one reason or another, and if that's the case, you might wanna make sure never to sit in a used diaper, and keep yourself completely fresh and dry as much is practical. I also understand using powder will help avoid infections, and antibacterial creams are available.

I had a UTI before new year, and it has made it a lot more difficult to stay dry since, so it's probably worth noting that bad UTIs from wearing diapers could ironically increase your dependence on diapers, and if you get UTIs regularly, that could be a vicious circle.

Okay, the timing of this post is beyond odd. A couple/few weeks ago I got prostatitis--an infection of the prostate. I'm still dealing with the painful consequences of that. I too believe the infection was caused by wearing diapers and I too am worried about wearing and using again. Too bad too, since I just got a whole case of Seduction diapers (which are pretty great).

I can't prove that diapers were the cause, but since being laid off in October, I have had a tendency to wear and use diapers before showering. I think it's entirely possible that an infection worked its way up my urethra and into my prostate. Regardless, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Well, maybe my worst enemy.

-RMS

DLMelissa said:
Not sure how, but I somehow last week I got a bladder infection from using my diapies, went to the doctor, and explained to him I had a fetish for wearing diapies and that I use them, and thats how I feel I got the infection, and turns out I was right, so now I'm scared to use diapies again :/

wow that's so unusual, sorry to hear, only things I get from wearing diapers are boils and pimples on my butt, but that's from not looking after myself.

I wish a speedy recovery.

This is the first infection, bladder wise I ever had, and the doctor didn't say anything about using them, and I've been doing the same thing with my diapees for probably a year and a half with no issues, but I think the way I did it the other week cause it to be infected, and after taking my meds for UTI, I haven't had any issues being dry, seems normal to me

- - - Updated - - -

Binary said:
wow that's so unusual, sorry to hear, only things I get from wearing diapers are boils and pimples on my butt, but that's from not looking after myself.

I wish a speedy recovery.

Thanks! tomorrow is my last day for meds, and all seems normal, though I haven't wet diapees since then, last thursday, but I will go back to get my urine checked again in a month or so to make sure, as per doctors orders :3

DLMelissa said:
This is the first infection, bladder wise I ever had, and the doctor didn't say anything about using them, and I've been doing the same thing with my diapees for probably a year and a half with no issues, but I think the way I did it the other week cause it to be infected, and after taking my meds for UTI, I haven't had any issues being dry, seems normal to me
That's good. The antibiotics work scary fast, yeah! If you feel fine and aren't having any further UT issues, then I wouldn't think you're in too much danger of it happening again, just give your system some time to get back in control, then do your best to maintain hygiene.

/NotADoctor

there's really no way to prove the diapers caused your infection. The doc is likely just agreeing with you that that caused it. It's impossible to prove. I wear diapers 24/7 for incontinence and never had an infection. Unless you're shitting yourself and then mashing the shit into you urethra, you're likely not getting the infection from the diapers.

emii said:
That's good. The antibiotics work scary fast, yeah! If you feel fine and aren't having any further UT issues, then I wouldn't think you're in too much danger of it happening again, just give your system some time to get back in control, then do your best to maintain hygiene.

/NotADoctor

Sad thing is it wasn't hygiene issue, basically I was "pointing down" when using said diapee and I think instead of re-adjusting, I infected myself while using said diapie that way, cause that's the first time I ever did it that way :/ bad luck I guess

DLMelissa said:
Sad thing is it wasn't hygiene issue, basically I was "pointing down" when using said diapee and I think instead of re-adjusting, I infected myself while using said diapie that way, cause that's the first time I ever did it that way :/ bad luck I guess
I think that's the normal way to point in a diaper, else you pee all over your tummy, it does just seem like real bad luck :/

IT is ok to us them, but you cant wear them "dirty" for very long. If there is wetness the little nasty guys will swim up stream and Bam UTI.

So dry and carful cleaning at each changing. The same is true in babies and little girls are the worst for UTI.

I got a really nasty UTI last year and had to go to the emergency room. I didn't wear for several weeks and then went back to wearing and wetting diapers once the infection was all cleared up. I'ts hard to know if wearing diapers can cause a UTI. Women are going to get UTIs. Guys usually don't, but I did.

I don't think it's ever been proven that diapers cause a higher risk of UTI, especially if you're just peeing in them. I'm not saying it's not possible there is a link, but this is really just speculation on you part. I don't think there was any reason to mention wearing diapers to your doctor at all. The vast majority of women, and men for that matter, who get UTIs don't wear diapers and the course of treatment is the same regardless.

Pointing up or down isn't going to make any difference (I'm well endowed so I have to point up). And really it may not be the fault of the diaper anyways, unless you were using a really cheap brand, used it and took it off, then put it back on again later.

Generally though, any decent or premium diaper is going to lock away the wetness and keep you dry enough not to put you at risk. It also takes something like 8+ hours for bacteria to take root in a warm and wet diaper. The odds of getting a UTI before that are always going to be there regardless, but at the same time those odds are going to be incredibly close to zero in those first 8 hours.

I personally have catheterized and let it drain into my diaper on numerous occasions. Once for seven months straight, and in all that time I didn't get a single infection. This is simply because I used good diapers, changed often enough, and never once reused the same diaper.

Seriously, if someone gets a uti the very first time they use a diaper, either they did something wrong, or are just one of those people who unfortunately are just prone to getting infections anyways. Sorry to hear this happened to you DLmelissa, but hopefully you've got it worked out now.

Ps, I'm also a little confused. Your tag name says you're a DL, but you say you told the doctor you have a diaper fetish. Obviously a DL by definition doesn't have a sexual diaper fetish. Could you please clarify what you meant, or why you said that to your doc?

I am prone to UTIs as well. If you stick to #1 and change as needed, and clean well between changings, you should be OK.

We (girl) have a much shorter urethra than men, so it's easier for the bacteria that causes UTIs to reach the bladder. It's really just a question of hygiene.

And omg yes, they suck so bad. >_<

Slomo said:
Pointing up or down isn't going to make any difference (I'm well endowed so I have to point up). And really it may not be the fault of the diaper anyways, unless you were using a really cheap brand, used it and took it off, then put it back on again later.

Generally though, any decent or premium diaper is going to lock away the wetness and keep you dry enough not to put you at risk. It also takes something like 8+ hours for bacteria to take root in a warm and wet diaper. The odds of getting a UTI before that are always going to be there regardless, but at the same time those odds are going to be incredibly close to zero in those first 8 hours.

Ps, I'm also a little confused. Your tag name says you're a DL, but you say you told the doctor you have a diaper fetish. Obviously a DL by definition doesn't have a sexual diaper fetish. Could you please clarify what you meant, or why you said that to your doc?

A couple of things to take into consideration. The key to preventing bacteria build up and with that a potential UTI, is cleanliness before wearing. If you shower well before wearing, use a good zinc barrier cream all over and around your private parts, complete with a nice covering of corn starch baby powder, you will be well protected. Bacteria does not like the barrier cream with zinc. The powder helps you stay drier. If you do a good job with this prep, you will very likely not have an issue with UTI's. It really should not matter the quality of the diaper or the length of time wearing (I have worn a wet diaper on multiple times in excess of 20 hours when driving). It also makes absolutely no difference if you point up or down.

Lastly, a DL is a diaper lover. Part of being a diaper lover for most is the sexual gratification one gets when wearing. This to me by definition is a sexual fetish (deriving sexual pleasure from wearing a diaper).

I worked in group homes for years where some residents wore diapers 24/7.

Now being male, I only worked with male clients, but I never recalled UTI's happen on a regular basis.

With number two and a wet diaper, we were taught to wipe front to back. Feces was the issue, not urine.

So I would not be too worried about wet diapers and infection.

People who have never worn a diaper can get UTI's.

Correlation does not always equal cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back