Market Research UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittylitter

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I am very new to this area, so I will get straight to the point, and hopefully not offend anyone:-

Is there a big enough supply of carers/mummies in the UK to look after little ones/babies on a purely caring basis (nothing sexual).

It seems the only thing that I have found to be any good at, is being a mum, and now it is time for me to think about bringing in the pennies.

Thank you for your help.

Kittylitter said:
I am very new to this area, so I will get straight to the point, and hopefully not offend anyone:-

Is there a big enough supply of carers/mummies in the UK to look after little ones/babies on a purely caring basis (nothing sexual).

It seems the only thing that I have found to be any good at, is being a mum, and now it is time for me to think about bringing in the pennies.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Kittylitter.

there are some mummys out there Mummy Grace websit might be worth having a look at www.mummygrace.co.uk.

Just a question how good are you at holding someone in Little Space or in an regress mind set?

what experence have you had with us Little ones?

thank Q

Siysiy

Hi Siysiy

Thank you for answering my post - I have had a quick look at the Mummy Grace website, and it seems what she offers is a lot more and different from what I could offer (if anything) as I don't have experience at all, perhaps I have gone into this with my eyes closed - I assumed that just because I am very open minded, and maternal that I could offer something along the lines of just role-play and acceptance of a gentle nature - I am a very calm, sensitive person, and love to hug, and I love baby equipment for some strange reason - if I could push a pram for hours on end with a baby or adult baby I would be in my element. Even looked at buggies that hold weights of up to 250 pounds.

Hi Kittylitter.

Don't be down heart there is a big community hear in the UK.

If you are able to help us Little ones regress into Little space, hold us there and help us come back up.

Then I shore there will be some of us that would like that from you.

I would also sergest you come to some of the munches hopefully there will be one near where you live. Just come and get your self know.

Siysiy

Thanks Siysiy - I cant post private messages yet as I have not posted enough, I did notice there was a pre-school group in Farnborough Hampshire, but the last date on it was a few years ago, so not sure if that still runs, I live in Gloucestershire UK, so I shall keep looking.

Kittylitter said:
Thanks Siysiy - I cant post private messages yet as I have not posted enough, I did notice there was a pre-school group in Farnborough Hampshire, but the last date on it was a few years ago, so not sure if that still runs, I live in Gloucestershire UK, so I shall keep looking.

Hi Kittylitter.

The next Little Big Land is in may
They are held in Burningham.

This is the link.

https://fetlife.com/events/531400

You can find me on fetlife.com I use the same Avatar symbol.

Hope that's helpful.

Siysiy

Kittylitter said:
Hi Siysiy

Thank you for answering my post - I have had a quick look at the Mummy Grace website, and it seems what she offers is a lot more and different from what I could offer (if anything) as I don't have experience at all, perhaps I have gone into this with my eyes closed - I assumed that just because I am very open minded, and maternal that I could offer something along the lines of just role-play and acceptance of a gentle nature - I am a very calm, sensitive person, and love to hug, and I love baby equipment for some strange reason - if I could push a pram for hours on end with a baby or adult baby I would be in my element. Even looked at buggies that hold weights of up to 250 pounds.

To be honest, what you feel that you can offer right now is really the most important part! There is a lot variation in what ABDLs like or want... Some might want a full on "baby" experience with a nursery, lots of toys and equipment. But I think that many of us would appreciate someone to accept our little side and feel like they were cared for.

Also, I think some adult nurseries can get too focussed on providing a totally OTT "once in a lifetime" experience, and spend so much money on equipment, clothes, toys, redecorating, custom-made furniture and so on, that they really have to charge a crazy hourly rate to justify the outlay.

Maybe you could compete by offering a slightly cheaper (but not necessarily less profitable), less-overly-infantile experience for slightly more grown-up littles or people on a budget?

If I was looking for a "professional mummy", I'd be a lot more interested in the person offering the experience than what stuff they actually had.

Some of the simple things that I'd find amazing would be to be cooked for and spoon-fed, given a bath, put in a clean nappy, dressed, hugged, and to be just accepted in that space without it feeling weird or awkward. Maybe an affordable investment would be to get some Disney DVDs! Or classic kids' films like The Goonies!

Kittylitter said:

I think that's still going, but I'm not sure. I really wanted to go at one point, but I've never revealed my little side to anyone in real life, and I guess I'm a bit shy about meeting lots of people...

But it would be a great way to meet some "littles" and learn a bit more about the kinds of things you could offer if you were going to become a professional mummy/carer.

Good luck! Send me your business card if you ever get going! :smile:

Thank you Tiny for all your help - so perhaps there are littles that just want to be accepted and cared for - thank you for taking the time to reply, I shall have to get in touch with the Farnborough group and see if it is still on, and also the Birmingham Group on the 6th May Siysiy - just to see what it is all about, and go from there.

Kittylitter said:
Thank you Tiny for all your help - so perhaps there are littles that just want to be accepted and cared for - thank you for taking the time to reply, I shall have to get in touch with the Farnborough group and see if it is still on, and also the Birmingham Group on the 6th May Siysiy - just to see what it is all about, and go from there.

No worries. :) I live fairly close to Farnborough, so let me know if you're going! I might be up for a visit... if I can get over the initial anxiety of meeting new people... :sweatdrop:

Myself personally don't charge saying i have my own nursery but like to share it with others and like to make friends in return but it seems hard to help others and tried everything and giving up but you never know who is out there and need support and hope..

Hi Tiny - Yes I have been onto the other site and it seems the next pre-school Farnborough one is Sat 1st April, maybe we should let each other know nearer the time, if we are going. I know what you are feeling, I get anxious and go light-headed

This is very true Babyjunior 1982 - and I do like the look of your nursery.

Kittylitter said:
Hi Tiny - Yes I have been onto the other site and it seems the next pre-school Farnborough one is Sat 1st April, maybe we should let each other know nearer the time, if we are going. I know what you are feeling, I get anxious and go light-headed

Good plan! That leaves about five or six weeks to psyche myself up for it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back