Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here not aligned with the Left?

Default Anyone here not aligned with the Left?

I'm not, nor would I ever be.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaSonic View Post
    I'm not, nor would I ever be.
    Left as in politically? Yes, I am aligned with the left, although I'm closer toward the middle as I do agree with the right on some things. Although, I think the reality of the situation is that goes for most people and not just me. We are often told to pick a side and really, it's impossible, to sum up, people's views just based on two sides. Saying you would never be on the left, is really just false because I am betting you already are to some degree. It's rare people fall entirely on the left or right. All it comes down to is, which side you prefer to associate with. Some people's views don't even fall on either side.

Besides that, I am sort of curious about the purpose of this thread. What are you expecting from it? Of course, you will find some people here who are on the right, but I suppose adisc has more individuals on the left at least from my perspective.

Politics wise, I don't give a shit, I don't follow politics and I don't "have a party" It's one of those things that I don't care about, people try and group specific things I say into a political party but in reality has nothing to do with politics.

For example climate change, as much as people love to turn it into a political debate it has nothing to do with politics, equal rights have nothing to do with politics, for example if I think all people should be equal, that doesn't make me a feminist etc.

For example if I were to mention climate change at all, people love to assign me to this or that politics party, eh It's fucking science nothing to do with politics, sure some politicians use things like abortion and climate change in there debates, but that doesn't make it solely a politics thing.

Which is something a lot of people can't seem to grasp to me politics is nothing more than a bunch of blabber that is targeting a bunch of specific people, only reason why people like Donald trump are in power is so many people hold those false "beliefs".

If I were to class myself politics wise, I would be a Anarchist, but care so little about politics that I rarely think about it. For example unisex bathrooms are such as issue that politicians love to "wank" over it instead of real issues like war, death, cancer etc.

But whatever you do, don't group me with the stoners who sit around doing nothing, watching conspiracy theories making out that "the truth" is a bunch of videos by alex jones.

I'm not left or right, I am not a particular party, or one flavor of religion , I am a mixture of what "resonates" in my heart and what makes sense, not the sense of some convoluted logic made of alternate theories and great conspiracies just the "common sense" , kinda like if it tastes good eat it , but if the last 5 friends who ate said yum and fell over dead , don't eat it. Simple.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I align more towards the center.

I believe in a live-and-let-live type Society. Extreme bare-bones minimum federal government that has minimal control directly over the population that is incapable of instilling regulations on a state-by-state basis those kind of decisions need to be left up to the individual State governments. The problem we're getting into right now is policies that are good for California are not good for say Kentucky and it's creating government oppression on some of the smaller States some of the smaller Plains states don't have the kind of infrastructure that a larger State like California has therefore they cannot participate in quite a bit of the policies that California would like to enact. And those are just examples.

When it comes to gender identity and sexual orientation do whatever the heck you want sleep with whoever the heck you want I just don't want to hear about it. From my opinion the LGBT community has too much of an obsession with telling everybody what goes on in their bedroom whether they want to hear it or not and it's spreading animosity because a lot of people don't want to hear about it I'm gay but I'm not going to tell you what's going on in my bedroom every freaking day. Do what you want and love who you want just please Don't parade it around in public because that's tacky and inappropriate in most cases.

As far as guns go I take it in the same stride as birth control men don't have vaginas so have no right regulating vaginas, anti-gun activists don't own guns and therefore have no right regulating people who have guns plain and simple if you do not own said object you have no right in speaking about how it is regulated, and I say that simply because of the amount of anti-gun activists that are grossly misinformed and can't even tell you how a firearm operates, case in point "fully semi automatic" "assult weapon" "barrel shroud" "high capacity banana clip" all four of those terms are consistently and constantly used by anti-gun activists two of those terms don't even exist one of them the media defines as "black and scary" in the last one 90% of them can't even tell you what it is or what its function is all they know is it's scary and bad. These people have zero knowledge of the item in which they're trying to regulate they should not have any say in regulating in the same goes for men with the female reproductive system we have no idea how it works or why it works so we should stop trying to intervene.

As far as religion goes I don't care what your religion is whatever freaky Sky gotten that you want to believe in does not in any way mean I need to change my lifestyle to fit your fictional book if you come to my door and ask me about your lord and savior whatever the heck it might be I'll listen politely but at the end of it I'm a look at you and say now would you like to come in and help me sacrifices virgin to the Dark Lord's Satan. I will fuck with door to door religion salesmen.

Essentially

Gay farmers should be allowed to use their guns to defend their marijuana plants, while praising whatever sky god that don't give a shit that they like and no one should be able to tell them that they can't.

I don't identify with any particular political party, but find myself to be slightly more left-leaning on issues. I don't see it as a bad thing nor do I see right-leaning as bad.

I tend to align with people's right more than corporations, so that makes me a bit right leaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    I tend to align with people's right more than corporations, so that makes me a bit right leaning.
    Huh? Wouldn't that make you left-leaning?

I've noticed there are plenty right-leaning people around here... but I am definitely not one of them. Every once in a while, there's a political right opinion that I agree with, but not very often. And I'd say the US Democratic party isn't left enough for me, though they almost always get my votes. I wish we had more parties... and a better voting system... like ranked choice voting or more runoff elections. I don't like how candidates can "spoil" an election, since you can often only pick one.

I also hear from so many people that they don't care about politics. I agree that the subject of politics can be very divisive and annoying, but it affects all our lives, whether we like it or not. I wish we could just... move to new planets or something.... and start new nations there... but we can't do that anytime soon. Or I wish politics didn't affect lives so much, but that's how it is. I wish politics weren't such a thing to fight and argue about. There are people on the right that I like, so I do my best to not argue with them when I can help it.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I've noticed there are plenty right-leaning people around here... but I am definitely not one of them. Every once in a while, there's a political right opinion that I agree with, but not very often.

I also hear from so many people that they don't care about politics. I agree that the subject of politics can be very divisive and annoying, but it affects all our lives, whether we like it or not. I wish we could just... move to new planets or something.... and start new nations there... but we can't do that anytime soon. Or I wish politics didn't affect lives so much, but that's how it is. I wish politics weren't such a thing to fight and argue about.
    Ya, I do certainly agree. It would be nice to come to some sort of agreement on things as a whole rather than as parties. That way we can focus more on doing than arguing about doing.