Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
So I was looking through Facebook and came across this article.
http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-settlement-wage-fixing-anti-poaching-animation-1201975084/
This hit me pretty hard. I am studying to become an animator and to see this, is disgusting. Believe me I am glad the animators received money in the form of a settlement. But I don't think I will ever be able to see Disney/Pixar the same again. To work for them was like my childhood dream but now I feel crushed and betrayed. I even have Ed Catmull's (pixar president) book and hearing he was involved in this makes it ever so much worse considering I looked up to him and he was one of the founders of Pixar.
Not to mention in my opinion, settling is not winning. A settlement won't stop them from doing it again to me or anyone else, which basically means they get off the hook.

Who would have thought that corporations would be soleless evil thieving bastards?

Argent said:
Who would have thought that corporations would be soleless evil thieving bastards?

Yep. I don't think all corporations are but I would have thought that Disney/Pixar of all companies would actually care considering that they boast about caring for their employees well-being on their websites and in Ed Catmull's book. The employees of any company are truly the heart and soul of it. No 3D artist is ever alike, they are unique and they are the ones that bring in Pixar/Disney billions of dollars. Take Finding dory as an example it took 200 Million to make and earned over 1 Billion in just the Box Office alone. And yet these companies can't afford to pay their employees properly!

Last edited:
To be completely fair you can both engage in unfair anti-poaching and wage fixing, while also giving your employees very good wages - it's just not as good as they might be able to negotiate in other circumstances.

There was an anti-poaching thing up here in the valley between like Apple and Google and Facebook, and they all actually do treat their employees pretty well from what I see among my friends.

AdorableRabbit said:
To be completely fair you can both engage in unfair anti-poaching and wage fixing, while also giving your employees very good wages - it's just not as good as they might be able to negotiate in other circumstances.

There was an anti-poaching thing up here in the valley between like Apple and Google and Facebook, and they all actually do treat their employees pretty well from what I see among my friends.

For sure. Heck you should see Pixar's studio. Swimming pool, tennis courts, basket ball courts, beautiful open atrium, country feel etc. They really have put focus on the employees. However that's exactly my point, they boast about how good they treat their employees, show us pictures of pools and amazing working conditions but then go and do something like this. It's hypocritical. Yeah they may get paid decently but wage fixing does exactly what it says, it stops wages from rising thus careers from evolving and opportunities to work in other studios. It's not so much about whether they are getting paid good already or not. It's the fact that wage fixing does far more than just stop pay rises it can ruin or stagnate your career and rob you of deserved opportunities.

YEAH BURN ALL CORPORATIONS AND STEAL THEIR ERGONIC CHAIRS!

Oh wait no one else is mobbing yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back