Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Dear White People

  1. #1

    Default Dear White People

    Nothing funnier that stereotyping a race and treating it as a fact.

    I predict this series will cause unnecessary racial tension come its premiere. It really is a shame that people think you have to insult one race to praise another.


  2. #2

    Default

    Hard to pull off tastefully. Dave Chapelle has done it successfully, but I can't think of any others.
    Last edited by Maxx; 10-Feb-2017 at 14:18.

  3. #3

    Default

    Seems like this is an extremely late parody to that "Dear Fat People" thing that was floating around the internet some time back.

    From this teaser, it looks pretty terrible and I have pretty low expectations for it and that's without acknowledging the extremely obvious racist undertones as well.
    Really, I'm surprised a show like this would even be released nowadays; not the smartest move on Netflix's part.

  4. #4
    mikejames

    Default

    Yeah that's racist as hell. If black people don't like being treated as a monolith, don't turn around and do the same to white people. Any message they might have, even if (doubtfully) valid is totally lost after using that approach.

    The root cause of the problems in the black community is the illegitimacy rate. 70+% of black babies are born to single mothers. The black community can spend some time figuring out why such a huge number of black men bail on their families. You can't blame that on whitey, and I'm frankly sick and tired of the black community's problems being blamed on BS copouts like "white privilege" and other similar nonsense.

  5. #5

    Default

    People need to lighten up I've made fun of my whiteness and others whiteness. Not a big deal.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    Nothing funnier that stereotyping a race and treating it as a fact.

    I predict this series will cause unnecessary racial tension come its premiere. It really is a shame that people think you have to insult one race to praise another.

    The sad part is this day and age it's socially acceptable and encouraged to discriminate and be racist against people with a light complexion, it's automatically assumed that we're privileged. "Minority" child doesn't get a full meal every day national outrage white kid goes two days with out food because parents can't afford enough food, white privilege. Progressives are warped in the head these days.


    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Hard to pull off tastefully. Dave Chapelle has done it successfully, but I can't think of any others.
    His is more of a comedy approach. Ethnic jokes are hilarious but to truly enjoy them you have to understand the fact but the jokes are not making fun of the people but instead making fun of the stereotypes about the people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog55 View Post
    People need to lighten up I've made fun of my whiteness and others whiteness. Not a big deal.
    I completely agree with you it really is not a big deal but it comes to a point where it's one-sided when they are allowed to make fun of us but we're not allowed to do the same for the same reason make fun of white people socially acceptable make fun of any other race you are a racist. It should be held to the same standard across the board. they want to scream racist when someone pokes fun at them fine we should be able to do the same. But the main point that I get at a lot is the fact that you can't name a single thing that happened to the black community that hasn't happened to every single other ethnic group at some point in history. All of it is perspective the world's going to move on with or without you and if you try to stop at it's just going to run your ass over.

  7. #7

    Default



    that you can't name a single thing that happened to the black community that happened to every single other ethnic group
    well I'm not too knowledgeable on slavery for Caucasians in America. And I don't want to hear that debunked "Irish slavery" because from an Irish American that's not true.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog55 View Post
    well I'm not too knowledgeable on slavery for Caucasians in America. And I don't want to hear that debunked "Irish slavery" because from an Irish American that's not true.
    Here we go again with heirarchy of victims. Slavery ended 150 years ago.

  9. #9

    Default

    Well Maxx I did answer his statement.
    I have a weird view on race in America, I think for minorities they probably have much different views on race in America than us. I think it's blatantly obvious how races have been treated for better and for worse in America. Shoot me.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog55 View Post
    well I'm not too knowledgeable on slavery for Caucasians in America. And I don't want to hear that debunked "Irish slavery" because from an Irish American that's not true.
    The barbary pirates were an all black pirate group that sailed from the Caribbean and as far north as Greenland raiding Villages and enslaving white settlers and you were put into slavery if you were lucky normally they just kill you they showed no quarter to anyone who was not black

Similar Threads

  1. Oh dear.....
    By NannyOgg in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 30-Jun-2013, 14:32
  2. Why does it seem AB/DLs are mostly white people?
    By SubstanceD in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-Nov-2011, 23:18
  3. Dear Moo,
    By mm3 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-Jul-2010, 11:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.