24/7 for over a month now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis9800 said:
I wouldn't get anything out of it myself. I love that feeling of it all being NEW & like I am Home again after not doing it for a month! A bit like not :censored: off for a week! It would just loose its potency after a a week. :p

I used to feel very much the same and now here I am enjoying these long stretches. I'm not recruiting, it's just an observation that some interests and desires change over time.

24/7 is matter of wanting to or needing to. I started out as nightly bedwetter into my early teens.Grew my abdl interests over those years. Sporadically indulged over the next 15 years or so. Then, in my mid 30's had a routine abdominal surgery that got botched and started experiencing severe bowel urgency. What I thought was a dream come true wasn't. The first 6 moths I had constant loose stool which I detest with a passion. Numerous accidents forced me back into diapers. The doctor recommended a bulk producing fiber supplement. I was taking 3 heavy doses a day and watched my diet. The runs cleared up considerably. I supplemented the Metamucil with loperamide when I knew I would be in a social situation. This really helped. However, nothing seemed to work on the severe urgency.On top of that the bulk producing fiber supplement had me producing multiple, enormous BM's a day. As you might imagine, my abdl interests faded. It wasn't a game anymore. It was, to put it in words, inconvenient and embarrassing. My stool was now well formed, semi-firm and all to easy to pass beside being unpredictable and most of the time, enormous. I began wearing 24/7 as it wasn't uncommon to have an accident while I slept. My bladder control weakened some but whenever I wet is was controlled but much more for convenience. From time to time my abdl interest would reawaken. At rare moments it was a thrill again. But those times were sporadic at best and never lasted more than a few days or even a week or more. After one of these "diaper jags" I would become depressed as I knew there was no escaping the diapers.At home, after my 2 or 3 BM's and I knew I was empty, I would air out my skin to maintain skin health. I retired back when I was in my early 50's so accidents aren't as anxiety producing. I deplore the nightmare of the public change so If you see me on the golf course of out on my boat, chances are pretty good I've got a pretty good load in my diaper.I wear a confidry 24/7 as a "diaper liner" under a kinns model 10700 ( disposable keeps stool off my cloth diaper) and heavy gauge plastic pants. I use copious amounts of Desitin to prevent rashes and take nullo several times a day. When i'm in the mood the bulky diaper combination feels great. The rest of the time, not so much.My wardrobe consists of baggy, dark shorts or pants with a 3x Columbia fishing shirt.Hides the diapers great but I can feel them. So how long have I been 24/7? Decades. Careful what you wish for.

Osito said:
Congratulations.

I'd like to try 24/7 for a period but unfortunately it isn't practical for me at the moment. I've done 30 hours maximum.

Do you find you sleep better?
One of the best thing for me to come out of neding nappies at night was getting such a great nights sleep. I sleep soundly and wake up wet every morning.

I just realized there's another advantage to my sleeping diapered. In addition to not having to get up for potty-runs (averaging 3-5/night, hard to get back to sleep after the cold-floor and bright-light runs) I also have no problem hydrating well before bed. I didn't really realize the advantages of that, but I just happened to not drink a lot before bed last night. Put on "just" an abena xplus/4 since I knew i didn't need high capacity. (GONE are the days where I consider an Xplus to be "thick padding"!!) Well... woke up this morning with some pretty dried out sinuses. Guess that's what I get for not hydrating well before bed!

jack3295 said:
So how long have I been 24/7? Decades. Careful what you wish for.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Sounds awful.

I don't think I would enjoy diaper fun much either in your circumstances

Sounds like you are enjoying your golf and boating, good that there is that for you.

I would like to wear 24/7, but can't for now. Just have to be happy for what I have. It's good to be able to do my BM in my diaper in the morning.

Congrats to you! I made it thirty days earlier this year, but stopped then. I've just re-started and re-committed, and am on day seven. Wish me luck!

BritneyShagwell said:
Congrats to you! I made it thirty days earlier this year, but stopped then. I've just re-started and re-committed, and am on day seven. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

ST50 said:
One of the best thing for me to come out of neding nappies at night was getting such a great nights sleep. I sleep soundly and wake up wet every morning.

Thanks, that's interesting. If I was 100% sure I'd sleep well but the penalty was becoming a bedwetter I think I would go for it. I actually don't think it's as simple as that for me though.

I have been wearing 24/7 for five years now and I still have control. I have never been happier since making the change (well actually my husband) and I use them for both. Cleaning up had just gotten easier because I'm used to the clean up. I got rid of all my underwear in 2015 since I decided I will never go back. Diapers are my official underwear.

Calico said:
I got rid of all my underwear in 2015 since I decided I will never go back. Diapers are my official underwear.

3 yrs ago: "I wish I could wear diapers."
2 yrs ago: "should I wear this diaper now or save it for later?"
1 year ago: "should I wear a diaper today or not?"
today: "which diaper should I wear today?"

Isn't that just a wonderful evolution? :)

ST50 said:
I wear 24/7 but don't mess only wet. I have no regrets about becoming incontinent and wearing nappies and couldn't imagine not wearing nappies now.

yep this is me too....

I had to stop for a week or so, but got back to it this past Monday. It really does get easier every day. I feel like after going a whole month, if I'm able to do that, will make this just another part of my life. I've already gotten my morning down to a routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess bed wetting just comes easier to some, I've had my #2 related incontinence for like 3 years now and that whole time will urinate when I feel pressure, but yet haven't started bedwetting.

ClickyKeys said:
I guess bed wetting just comes easier to some.

Yes, it does. That's not always a good thing. As a child I had night terrors with occasional bedwetting. Night terrors are really horrible, but they, like bedwetting, are related to your brain (nerves) not waking up when it should. I always had to try and wake myself up at night to use the toilet (usually my parents often made sure I did). Then in my 20's, I started wetting in my sleep. That was about 25 years ago. Bedwetting is much easier for people who sleep very deep or have had deep sleep problems (Parasomnias). It happens typically earlier in the night because that's when sleep is the deepest.

Now in my third week of being full time. I really didn't want to put it on this morning, but I just forced myself. Glad I did. Tomorrow I'm sure will be easier and I'm looking forward to getting to the first full month. This commitment has had its ups and downs, but I'm dealing with it better every day. I still think this is the best thing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back