practical problem, anyone who has some advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is something has to be in the drawers right? They can't just be empty can they?

chamberpot said:
Lol years ago I busted one of my sons , found his stash of weed above a celing tile, not the best place
I don't encourage this but i have a small rope swing in mine

The more I think about this, a locking trunk right out in plain site should be perfect.
easily moved, impossible to open. I don't think this is about prying, it's about cleaning.

friends house sounds like the best option, my emergency hiding spot is inside my mattress, it is foam glued around springs, so i just stuff things inside and zip the cover shut.

Sapphyre said:
WTF are you talking about? He never said (so far as I read) that he ASKED her to clean up his apartment. How does he deserve to have his privacy invaded? My mom did this to me all the time when I was living at home, and I'll admit I'm not exactly the neatest person in the world, but I never asked her to and honestly would have preferred that she didn't take it upon herself to do so.

He tells his mother, nicely, to stay out of his space unless she has been invited and he cleans his apartment himself. Period.

Having heard you dilemma i offer you a practical solution.
Invite her over for something else then ask her to give you a hand cleaning under the drawers.
You would clean that space under there in advance and when she sees its clean you tell her thanks for everything you but you no longer have to clean here, but she is welcome anytime to cook lol.

Get that done before you freakout lol.

The best hiding space is always right under the nose, so kill 2 birds with one stone.

Best of luck.

JustAGuy said:
So the situation is like this:
I live on my own and I regularly order diapers online. (usually like 2 packs of thick ones and one pack of thinner ones). My hiding spot is together with some small BDSM-stuff in a drawer under my bed, where you need to move a nighttable aside along the wall in order to open it. It's kind of a good spot, and it needs to be, cause yes, I do live on my own, but my mom tends to look around my appartment quite a lot when she visits.

Now, I try to keep my appartment clean myself on a day to day basis, but once in a while my mom comes te give it a good overall cleaning. Now, my hiding spot has prooven mom-proof so far. But last time she visited she said something like 'hmm, I'd like to clean under those drawers'.

Er... You do realise that's probably "mum speak" for, "I tried to clean under those drawers and found what you'd hidden. To spare us any mutual embarrassment, I hereby give you notification to change your hiding place."...?

Skipy said:
you could clean there yourself but depending on the circumstances that might arouse suspicion.

Ha ha -- that would be highly suspicious!!! "Oh my god! A man just cleaned his own apartment... Something is wrong... very wrong. This can only mean... diapers!" :smile:

ArchtopK said:
The problem is something has to be in the drawers right? They can't just be empty can they?

I can't think of a better way to fill up empty space in my room

Tell her you keep your pet Snake in that Draw when she comes round so not to scare her! Ha ha! Like in that Clockwork Orange film! lol

mikejames said:
my advice would be to grow up and stop having/letting your mom clean your apartment. I mean seriously, no wonder the millennial generation gets called cupcakes and snowflakes. NO offense, but be an adult.

:laugh: Mikejames...using the tough love! (he's not necessarily wrong though)

Ok let's assume your mom is snooping... If she is, then she's hell bent on cleaning under those drawers so she can see what's in them. First off, you'll need to put some stuff in those drawers that is going to satisfy her curiosity. I'd suggest winter clothing or something that you have that takes up space but doesn't get used very often. Now, 25 Diapers will fit in a medium sized duffle bag. Get one and put the diapers in it. Put this bag either at your friends house or in your car (if you have a car) or in one of the storage lockers during your moms next visit, and let her clean under the drawers.

Then once she's done cleaning...you say..."mom, I appreciate that you want to clean for me when you visit, but I'm grown up now and can clean on my own...wouldn't it be more fun to go out and do something together when you visit rather than spending all your time cleaning...we could go to the movies...?" (or something like that).

-Gus

Simple solution. When my unaware sons were staying with me ( most family knows of my medical issues but I always tried to shield the boys), I went to Walmart and purchased an inexpensive locking gun cabinet. Only around $100 and secure. It's large enough to hold most of what I need to keep on hand.The boys weren't with me long term. I bought them a condo nearby and rent it to them at cost. (taxes and assn dues. I don't have a mortgage on it) That was years ago but I still have the safe should I ever need it. My older sister has since clued them in and they are as sensitive to my issues as every one else close to me.It's difficult to keep bowel urgency/incontinence and diaper dependency a secret. Not saying it can't be done but it's a pain.

locking bag... or friends house who "knows you"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back