Not open for further replies.

EmeraldRegice

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Ok so I know I had a thread that talked about more of the limitations about how people felt about wearing a diaper out in public. Most agree that keeping in covered and not worring about the crinkle is average thinking. If it accidently shows an apology or answer for it isnt a big deal either. I want to talk more about someone a DD/LG relation that has made it public. Yes it's not the thing you would see out and about any day. This situation has a mommy or big sis taking care of a little girl. Someone playing 3 to 6 years old. You can see that the little is wearing a diaper under a skirt and clothes. They are not being obscene or disruptive in any manner. Lets say they are at a mall and the little is a boy who has with makeup you wouldn't tell is a boy. The little really has nothing to fear about someone finding out his real idenity unless his diaper gets changed, even then he still doesn't look like himself from makeup. The big sis isnt really known in the area. But has friends. Do you feel that it is just not ok, even though no laws or annoyances are being broken/created by the two? They are willing to explain the relationship to another who has come up and asked about them in an informative manner. Do you think this is not ok because it not widely accepted by the public? To me, the situation is an act, a freedom of speech, not harmful in any sexual or physical manner. I know that some feel that you are unwillingly bringing the public into the picture by doing this. What about thinking as the public as part of the environment that can't be controlled? I'm trying to stand on the fence about the situation described as i wrote this, but the questions asked are what I would like some answers to. Oh and if you feel like it, how much would you want shown off in public if you knew in a society people were ok with that and it non obtrusive manner. Do you feel that society today is too labeling for such actions? I would guess about 5% people asking about it openly and i have no idea about how a "hater" would be seen as by the rest of the public. Would the hater who sees them and makes fun, would he be considered a bully at large, or just rude because he isn't open minded to others?How open minded do you think the public is to such different ways of thinking, acting, treating others?

you don't owe anyone an apology if your diaper accidentally shows. I'm incontinent and HAVE to wear 24/7. I go to the gym every day after work and take a shower after my run. I put a new diaper on in the locker room. While I'm not an exhibitionist, I'm refusing to live if shame. A diaper is my underwear and people will see me at the gym putting it on. I'm not about to apologize to everyone in the locker room every day, and I'm certainly not going to "answer for it" to anyone either.

The think is, be respectful. There's a big difference between needing diaper and people accidentally seeing them and getting your kicks by subjecting other people to your fetish. If your shirt rides up or something and your diaper is exposed, most people won't even notice and the ones who do notice will likely just assume you have a medical reason for it. No one gives a shit.

If the little in you scenario is dressed like a baby and obviously diapered and being "parented" by someone who's obviously not their parent, I'd say your venturing into exhibitionism. If the little is just That said, people have the freedom to wear what they want. It only becomes offensive if/when you're purposely trying to get noticed for it. That is when it crosses a line and becomes offensive/obscene/rude etc. I think in your scenario it really depends on how this "little" is dressed. If it's a dude in makeup and pink hello kitty clothes and an obvious diaper, no one will mistake that person for incontinent and probably just think they're a freak. Certainly not breaking any laws and it's freedom of expression but it's getting pretty close to the line of making other people uncomfortable.

the public is not open-minded. you would have to keep it low-key and non-obvious. people dress differently for drag night at a gay club than they do when they try to pass for female in public. people dress differently for going into their bank office than they do when they only plan to pick up some takeaway/drive-through food. people dress differently when they have actual medical needs than when they are showing of or pretending.

and people dress differently on halloween - that's when it's the least surprising to see what we'd consider an ageplay scene in public. any other time you'll either be intentionally disregarded, or thrown out by the management for disturbing "the public", which really means "customers they'd rather have than you".

EmeraldRegice said:
Ok...I know that some feel that you are unwillingly bringing the public into the picture by doing this. What about thinking as the public as part of the environment that can't be controlled? ...How open minded do you think the public is to such different ways of thinking, acting, treating others?

This is an interesting scenario you describe and something I have some experience with. You hit the nail on the head by asking if this is unwillingly bringing the public into your role-play. The short answer to that is yes it is. You see as much as what you see this as freedom of expression, it can also be seen as engaging with others who have not consented to your game. Sexual or not, age-play is a huge taboo and a massive red flag for some people. Rightly or wrongly many in the public would deem your scenario as simply wrong. I don't judge, I don't say do not do it, but the general public may feel abused because you have not asked for their permission to act out fantasies or role-play in front of them

They could simply turn away and ignore it, they could ask you for further information to make sure nothing strange is occurring. For the most part though you would probably just annoy a whole host of folk who were neither deserving or wanted to witness what was happening. I do not feel this comes down to labels or respect or anything of that nature. This comes down to forcing people to endure what boils down to a fetish without them consenting. You can still have the little/big dynamic out in public but you would need to tone it down and make sure if there was any chance you could offend anyone by your actions just give it a second thought before continuing.

When I am out with my little in public, she still respects me and considers me her mother. However, we do not indulge in any babyish/sissy/sub/fetish aspects. We simply keep the dynamic alive for ourselves and nobody is none the wiser what is going on. The most we would go is the odd joke between ourselves or them being obedient to me in a very incognito manner.

Reactions: Reaper
MotherFaith said:
This is an interesting scenario you describe and something I have some experience with. You hit the nail on the head by asking if this is unwillingly bringing the public into your role-play. The short answer to that is yes it is. You see as much as what you see this as freedom of expression, it can also be seen as engaging with others who have not consented to your game. Sexual or not, age-play is a huge taboo and a massive red flag for some people. Rightly or wrongly many in the public would deem your scenario as simply wrong. I don't judge, I don't say do not do it, but the general public may feel abused because you have not asked for their permission to act out fantasies or role-play in front of them

They could simply turn away and ignore it, they could ask you for further information to make sure nothing strange is occurring. For the most part though you would probably just annoy a whole host of folk who were neither deserving or wanted to witness what was happening. I do not feel this comes down to labels or respect or anything of that nature. This comes down to forcing people to endure what boils down to a fetish without them consenting. You can still have the little/big dynamic out in public but you would need to tone it down and make sure if there was any chance you could offend anyone by your actions just give it a second thought before continuing.

When I am out with my little in public, she still respects me and considers me her mother. However, we do not indulge in any babyish/sissy/sub/fetish aspects. We simply keep the dynamic alive for ourselves and nobody is none the wiser what is going on. The most we would go is the odd joke between ourselves or them being obedient to me in a very incognito manner.

I'm curious about this, mostly as an academic question. My personal inclination is toward discretion, although I'm willing to get a bit more obvious the more people are involved. My take is that one person is weird (not necessarily good nor bad, just weird) but multiple people are forming culture. I wonder why we put our weird behavior into this special category when there are so many other public displays that while not well-accepted, just allow people to roll their eyes and move along (I do this a lot with my fellow humans).

To me, just going about my adult business dressed like a toddler isn't imposing this on anyone. If I ask by my behavior or explicitly to engage with me as a toddler, I do feel as though I'm putting an onus on them, which seems overly forward and I would say rude. I'm a little fuzzier on whether it matters if the engagement in public is only with a caregiver or others who are in on it. People aren't required to interact if I don't seek them out but I'm willing to entertain that it might be a meaningful transgression. If I were to present in that limbo realm where it might be adult or childish behavior, is there any harm done?

I know what the standard line is from the kink community but it seems like it's highly variable and even a bit puritanical. I haven't yet seen a compelling argument as to why our weird behavior is any worse than anyone else's for sexual or non-sexual reasons. I'm willing to accept a social contract of not having sex on the sidewalk (lewd and lascivious behavior for one) but wearing odd clothes and maybe some funky behavior that is focused on people who enjoy it doesn't really seem like a big deal to me.

Think of the children!

No, seriously. I mean, think of the rest of us littles who's already undeservedly shady reputation would be further tarnished by unwanted public displays of ageplay!

I think the distinction is that it's not just an odd dress and behavior (like shaving your head, wearing robes and handing out flowers), it's specifically associated with sexual fetish and activities (whether that's true for you or not). I mean nobody's surprised that parading in full BDSM gear would be considered inappropriate even if all the skin was covered and the wearer just liked to wear it for the comfort ... it's part of a specifically sexual scene that is not OK in public.

Also, I think diapers are underwear and best efforts should be taken to keep them hidden in public...

In any case my wife and I follow pretty closely to MotherFaith's description. If the mood strikes, we'll be playful and explicitly joking about it in a way that only has real meaning for us.

Instead of thinking of other fetishes, though that's a very good thought, I thought about how other people who may just show other sides of their personality or belief system, but how they, in my opinion, also role play. I've seen people in restaurants wear revealing clothing to show off hundreds of tattoos. I've seen people dress in goth or teen vampire clothes, out in public. And the craziest are the macho men who show up en mass with their pick up trucks and semi-automatic weapons in full view, as they descend on a Walmart. There was a recent article in our newspaper about two men who showed up at a police station, carrying a number of semi-automatic weapons in plain view, to pay a fine or something. The police freaked out and demanded they drop their weapons, and these two crazies gave argument.

So there are plenty of people who take their personal fixations into the public. They may get a few odd looks, or in the case of armed macho men, people running for their lives. I think I'd rather see an adult baby coming toward me than an angry bearded macho man walking toward me with his really big, big, gun.

I wear out of the house all of the time, I wear not always worying if theres a bit of my diaper exposed, I don't pull down my pants however and point at my diapered butt and say "Look at me I'm wearing a diaper!" because I realize theres a difference between not caring and being an exhibitionist.

AdorableRabbit said:
Think of the children!

No, seriously. I mean, think of the rest of us littles who's already undeservedly shady reputation would be further tarnished by unwanted public displays of ageplay!

I think the distinction is that it's not just an odd dress and behavior (like shaving your head, wearing robes and handing out flowers), it's specifically associated with sexual fetish and activities (whether that's true for you or not). I mean nobody's surprised that parading in full BDSM gear would be considered inappropriate even if all the skin was covered and the wearer just liked to wear it for the comfort ... it's part of a specifically sexual scene that is not OK in public.

Also, I think diapers are underwear and best efforts should be taken to keep them hidden in public...

In any case my wife and I follow pretty closely to MotherFaith's description. If the mood strikes, we'll be playful and explicitly joking about it in a way that only has real meaning for us.

I think if you're tying your self-image to the behavior of other littles and ABDLs, you're bound for a lot of disappointment. Whether ultimately right or wrong, there are those in our community who enjoy playing in public. We can say we don't behave like that but we can't say they aren't ABDLs or littles.

I still have a hard time seeing this as so uniquely wrong. Fetish gear in varying degrees is acceptable in public. Latex is kink and fashion simultaneously. If my kink was Levi's, should I never be allowed to wear them in public? It's certainly weird but I think we're essentially infantilizing the public to think that they can't look at a weirdo and not be scarred for life.

It's a sexual kink for me. I'm not much of an exhibitionist as far as I can tell. My reasons for what little obvious public wearing I do is fun with friends and because it feels good to acknowledge that part of myself in the outer world. It's not something I get off on. I have not, to my knowledge been observed by anyone who wasn't into it or hadn't knowingly entered a kinky space. I'm at some pains to be discreet but I would say that's more because it is my nature to be discreet rather than because I believe it is required that I do so.

Last edited:
I look at this from two different angles. First, I think it should be allowed. 100% allowed and nobody can stop you if you want to do it. Wearing little clothes and acting little in public places is a form of free expression from a legal perspective. It's not different, as far as the law is concerned, from standing on a sidewalk and talking to other people about your political opinions. People are allowed to do that as long as they're non-violent. So, regardless of my personal opinions about being little in public, I'll defend someone's right to do it with all my being.

Second, my own attitude is somewhat more conservative than what I think is legal. I'd rather not engage in that sort of public play myself (though I do like wearing diapers out under normal clothes), and I'd feel quite bad if I were causing distress to people around me with my unusual behavior. I've had to do the political flyer thing too, and I felt terribly awkward and embarrassed about having to go up and approach strangers doing that. I did it in the flyer case because I felt it was for a good cause, but I don't see my individual pleasure as anywhere near as good a cause so I wouldn't do it.

I personally think this is fine and am disgusted in the concept that people should hide this part of themselves on the off chance someone seeing someone diapers or ageplaying might feel offended.

The flip side is though I live in a conservative stupid place so would still recommend caution.

When a member here wins a huge lotto they should buy a town where you have to be diapered or ABDL to come in.

Does it bother you when you see someone dressed as a pastor or nun? What about muslim woman wearing hijab?

There are lots of people who wear clothes that identify who they are. Being an AB has nothing to do with fetishes, it is a part of who we are. Given this simple fact, wearing AB clothes in public is no different than others in this regard.

And while I could care less what someone wears (as long as they aren't actively exposing themselves), I do recognize there are lots of people who are easily offended by pastors and muslims, and so much more. AB's are not an exception to that hatred, so while you certainly can wear what you identify with, just be prepared for that hatred too.

Hmmm... I'm not explaining myself well...

I understand the 'loud and proud' sentiment that some folks are trying to express here, but I read the OP's post as a slightly different situation.

Rather then thinking about rights, legalities, and ideal situations, I'm first responding to this situation practically, and then from the perspective of courtesy.

I think the practical reality is that playing a dom/sissy girl dynamic in public, where the little girl wears juvenile makeup, and has a sissy outfit with a skirt that shows off his diaper is something that *will* disturb a lot of people. It will bother them perhaps because of the cross dressing, but almost certainly it will bother them because of the ageplay with domination and humiliation. Don't get me wrong this sounds like a lovely fantasy ...*blush*

But I can't think of *anyplace* where the public at large would easily appreciate the distinction between consensual adults playing out an abusive power dynamic, and a public display of faux child abuse. Especially doing this in a place where children might be around and you're asking for trouble.

EmeraldRegice doesn't specify what kind of public place other than 'town' so perhaps she has in mind a public park, a shopping district, or a mall. In any case it's a place that's crowded enough that she's concerned about interacting with the public, even perhaps haters, so again the dom behavior and ageplay setup is obvious enough that she's either desiring to be confronted and condemned or simple feels it's likely.

The question is not, are you brave enough to do this? Or is this legal, what kind of trouble could I get into? Or how can I do this kind of thing discreetly? Or even don't you wish there was a town of only ABDLs? The question I saw, was 'is this OK'? Specifically how do you feel about dragging other people into your lifestyle?

I think that question is subtle because when and how matters a lot. Wearing in public without flaunting it (for pleasure or nessecity) is one thing. The specifics described *here* make me feel like its crosses a line into rubbing people's faces in it.

I don't think it's OK, and I think it damages/reinforces negative public perception of ABDLs - which by the way doesn't hurt me at all any anymore - but certainly can add to the stigma many other ABDL and curious folks have to deal with. What's the child with an early attraction to diapers going to remember when she askes her mommy about that strange couple? What are most mommies going to say (not what they should say)? What's the woman who's just had her boyfriend confess an interest in diapers going to think when she sees this unwanted display?

Yes, nasty bikers with tats do it all the time, as do gang bangers, or open carry nuts. Thoose groups do it because it pisses people off and makes them uncomfortable and part of their identity and self expression is about separating themselves from society. Do they have a right to do so? Is it legal? What are the consequences? Well again it varies specifically, because in many places you *can* get thrown out of a restaurant for any reason, even just exposed tattoos. Thoose questions are not interesting to me, because what they all have in common is, first is that they're rude, and second that they're not gaining any allies.

Of course the core reality is that what's public ally acceptable is a complex and nuanced negotiated thing that changes over time and *can't* be reduced to a simple set of rules. I may wish it was different (I do), but that description sounds like it's maybe on the foul side, and could potentially get you thrown out of a private business or even harasses don't, and possibly arrested on kinds of charges of that are specifically intended to cover the fact that acceptable behavior is fuzzy and undefinable - disturbing the peace, causing a public nuisance, indecency, etc.

What about gay folks who want to walk hand in hand, or women who want to walk around in public with a head covering? Don't they offend too? Sometimes. Some people. Some of those people are being jerks. If you walk into a mosque and don't cover your hair as a woman, or walk into a synagogue and don't put on a yarmulke as a man, intentionally ... I think that's jerky and very different from just walking around town. St Paul has a nice letter where he talks about how he'll eat Kosher when eating with his Jewish friends, not because he believes in those restrictions, but because he doesn't want to be a jerk.

Sometimes folks who have a part of their self identity not socially acceptable, say gay folks, or covered Muslim women will do something that's both intended to challenge what makes people comfortable and make themselves more visible and more accepted. A march, a rally, a day of visibility. I think that's very different than what's being asked about here and very different than a crowd of bikers swarming into a space simply to *be* intimidating. I think an ageplay AB acceptance event or group would go out of it's way to present itself in the most relatable and compassionate light - I mean maybe, just maybe, they'd agree that, just for the one day, there'd be no spankings, or public changes where the little girls are revealed to be boys!

I don't understand why being considerate of other people's feelings is somehow cast as weakness. Honestly I think the OP is asking questions about where the line is that they could get close to, but I feel a bit ganged up on by a lot of folks who seem to feel like they shouldn't consider other folks...

I'm not saying hide, because it's shameful or wrong, I'm saying be considerate and let's be visible and proud in constructive ways...

Reactions: Trevor
AdorableRabbit, I appreciate and even agree with much of your reasoning. Is it technically legal, in most cases yes. Is it appropriate, in most cases no but that also depends on how considerate you are towards others. Me personally, I couldn't care less what some stranger "might" think of me. That said I do still try to closely conform with the rest of general society, and personally have only ever gone out as an AB on Halloween. I can say one thing for sure though, our rules and laws only ever change when someone pushes them.

As someone who's been wearing 24/7 since New Years', here's my take:

If someone could stand a couple feet away, and have a conversation with you, and not be able to tell there's something abnormal going on, then go for it. Otherwise, you're imposing your kink on the vanilla masses, which is a bit rude. Bulges and waistbands can be concealed, and crinkles can be reduced, but anything beyond that in terms of obviousness just isn't right. I'll wear some Ninja Turtles shirts out of the house, or my jammie pants if I'm just going out for snacks or drive-thru, but I'd never go out in, say, shortalls or a romper.

So far as going out in sissy apparel, I'd say that'll make some people even more uncomfortable than seeing a diaper would. Trans folks that don't "pass" tend to dress and present themselves very different than a boy crossdressing as part of his kink. Again, if a bystander can tell you're doing something in public for a sexual thrill, I'd say you're doing it wrong.

AdorableRabbit said:
Hmmm... I'm not explaining myself well...

I understand the 'loud and proud' sentiment that some folks are trying to express here, but I read the OP's post as a slightly different situation.

Rather then thinking about rights, legalities, and ideal situations, I'm first responding to this situation practically, and then from the perspective of courtesy.

I think the practical reality is that playing a dom/sissy girl dynamic in public, where the little girl wears juvenile makeup, and has a sissy outfit with a skirt that shows off his diaper is something that *will* disturb a lot of people. It will bother them perhaps because of the cross dressing, but almost certainly it will bother them because of the ageplay with domination and humiliation. Don't get me wrong this sounds like a lovely fantasy ...*blush*

But I can't think of *anyplace* where the public at large would easily appreciate the distinction between consensual adults playing out an abusive power dynamic, and a public display of faux child abuse. Especially doing this in a place where children might be around and you're asking for trouble.

EmeraldRegice doesn't specify what kind of public place other than 'town' so perhaps she has in mind a public park, a shopping district, or a mall. In any case it's a place that's crowded enough that she's concerned about interacting with the public, even perhaps haters, so again the dom behavior and ageplay setup is obvious enough that she's either desiring to be confronted and condemned or simple feels it's likely.

The question is not, are you brave enough to do this? Or is this legal, what kind of trouble could I get into? Or how can I do this kind of thing discreetly? Or even don't you wish there was a town of only ABDLs? The question I saw, was 'is this OK'? Specifically how do you feel about dragging other people into your lifestyle?

I think that question is subtle because when and how matters a lot. Wearing in public without flaunting it (for pleasure or nessecity) is one thing. The specifics described *here* make me feel like its crosses a line into rubbing people's faces in it.

I don't think it's OK, and I think it damages/reinforces negative public perception of ABDLs - which by the way doesn't hurt me at all any anymore - but certainly can add to the stigma many other ABDL and curious folks have to deal with. What's the child with an early attraction to diapers going to remember when she askes her mommy about that strange couple? What are most mommies going to say (not what they should say)? What's the woman who's just had her boyfriend confess an interest in diapers going to think when she sees this unwanted display?

Yes, nasty bikers with tats do it all the time, as do gang bangers, or open carry nuts. Thoose groups do it because it pisses people off and makes them uncomfortable and part of their identity and self expression is about separating themselves from society. Do they have a right to do so? Is it legal? What are the consequences? Well again it varies specifically, because in many places you *can* get thrown out of a restaurant for any reason, even just exposed tattoos. Thoose questions are not interesting to me, because what they all have in common is, first is that they're rude, and second that they're not gaining any allies.

Of course the core reality is that what's public ally acceptable is a complex and nuanced negotiated thing that changes over time and *can't* be reduced to a simple set of rules. I may wish it was different (I do), but that description sounds like it's maybe on the foul side, and could potentially get you thrown out of a private business or even harasses don't, and possibly arrested on kinds of charges of that are specifically intended to cover the fact that acceptable behavior is fuzzy and undefinable - disturbing the peace, causing a public nuisance, indecency, etc.

What about gay folks who want to walk hand in hand, or women who want to walk around in public with a head covering? Don't they offend too? Sometimes. Some people. Some of those people are being jerks. If you walk into a mosque and don't cover your hair as a woman, or walk into a synagogue and don't put on a yarmulke as a man, intentionally ... I think that's jerky and very different from just walking around town. St Paul has a nice letter where he talks about how he'll eat Kosher when eating with his Jewish friends, not because he believes in those restrictions, but because he doesn't want to be a jerk.

Sometimes folks who have a part of their self identity not socially acceptable, say gay folks, or covered Muslim women will do something that's both intended to challenge what makes people comfortable and make themselves more visible and more accepted. A march, a rally, a day of visibility. I think that's very different than what's being asked about here and very different than a crowd of bikers swarming into a space simply to *be* intimidating. I think an ageplay AB acceptance event or group would go out of it's way to present itself in the most relatable and compassionate light - I mean maybe, just maybe, they'd agree that, just for the one day, there'd be no spankings, or public changes where the little girls are revealed to be boys!

I don't understand why being considerate of other people's feelings is somehow cast as weakness. Honestly I think the OP is asking questions about where the line is that they could get close to, but I feel a bit ganged up on by a lot of folks who seem to feel like they shouldn't consider other folks...

I'm not saying hide, because it's shameful or wrong, I'm saying be considerate and let's be visible and proud in constructive ways...

I hope you won't feel ganged up on. I'm curious as to people's thoughts on this and I appreciate your dedication in typing all that out. I read it twice before responding and I think you made some good points. Most compelling to me personally is modelling for young ABDLs. I don't have a good answer for that one yet.

I agree at least that it's not a subject that lends itself to hard and fast rules. What the OP describes isn't something I think I'd be comfortable doing from either side. However, when I think about something comparable involving a different kink or just an unusual behavior, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Maybe it's a product of city life but seeing someone walking a rubber pup on a leash or an impromptu performance art piece with mashed food (on a tarp) painted on a scantily clad subject doesn't bother me.

My feeling is that public life can be troublesome. It would be nicer if we avoided such things but sometimes there are better and more important things than being nice (I say this as a guy who really tries to be polite).

I don't advocate public displays. I only suggest that we put them in context with other oddities and evaluate accordingly. I think this notion of "pushing your kink" just by being visibly weird is unrealistic and more nuance is called for than condemnation.

Trevor said:
My feeling is that public life can be troublesome. It would be nicer if we avoided such things but sometimes there are better and more important things than being nice (I say this as a guy who really tries to be polite).

I don't advocate public displays. I only suggest that we put them in context with other oddities and evaluate accordingly. I think this notion of "pushing your kink" just by being visibly weird is unrealistic and more nuance is called for than condemnation.

I agree with that and I apologize for being too harsh and too flippant with condemnation in my first post. That was my fault!

So I can't not reply to all the awesome and amazingly well thought out answers. I personally would do an outing AT a place that is ok with that form of behavior, I know a couple asked the staff about them coming in on occassion in thier DD/LG relation and other visits are just like normal people. Now if you are able to portray the ABDL relation you have out in public, and it is done in a manner not intrusive to the location at which the public display is taking place then I do not see any harm being done, or the act of forcingly ingaugeing an unwilling public into your kink, it to me, I also agree with the freedom of speech in a non-violent form.

Now say public humilation, spankings, hitting etc, I have not given a lot of though to how to consider it as ok or not ok. I feel it all should matter on the actions in the context of which they are being performed. If you wanted to go get a massage, but just wear a diaper to it, if you gave the company staff an informative manner, most likely they wouldn't have an issue with it. I am not saying that it should be or not be accepted, just that an informative education about genuine questions, and honest answers show off a lot better than trying to fight or handle someone pokeing fun at the dd/lg or ab or whatever combo of people are there if done inappropately or not in the right/correct action to handle and de-escalate the situation as to not cause a scene. If you aren't going out of your way to purposely make or cause an unwanted scene, then no harm no foul at least in my book, but I am a lot more open and accepting to a lot of things, and I won't harm you if you don't harm me. Granted you do have to understand how to handle the "hate" or negitive situations that make arise from it, it is important to have an understanding of it, both for yourself, and for your partner/s.

rennecfox said:
I wear out of the house all of the time, I wear not always worying if theres a bit of my diaper exposed, I don't pull down my pants however and point at my diapered butt and say "Look at me I'm wearing a diaper!" because I realize theres a difference between not caring and being an exhibitionist.

no one cares. I wear nappies all the time and no one has ever commented .

EmeraldRegice said:
So I can't not reply to all the awesome and amazingly well thought out answers. I personally would do an outing AT a place that is ok with that form of behavior, I know a couple asked the staff about them coming in on occassion in thier DD/LG relation and other visits are just like normal people.

That's helpful to know. If you're talking about a location which has staff to operate and set policy (restaurant, amusement park, inflatable bouncy house), then it's a different consideration than a truly public space. If the proprietors are saying it's OK, well then it's a place where it's explicitly OK, and other folks are the ones who can complain. They don't like it they can take their business to another establishment.

I am a little confused tho 'cause you say...
Now if you are able to portray the ABDL relation you have out in public, and it is done in a manner not intrusive to the location at which the public display is taking place then I do not see any harm being done, or the act of forcingly ingaugeing an unwilling public into your kink.
If you're out in public AND non-intrusive then I don't see how that's forcing the public into your kink? My feelings on this matter are all about how intrusive and how public you are, and if you end up forcing your kink onto people, that kinda implies you must have been actually public (places they can't or shouldn't have to avoid) and intrusive.

Now say public humilation, spankings, hitting etc, I have not given a lot of though to how to consider it as ok or not ok. I feel it all should matter on the actions in the context of which they are being performed. If you wanted to go get a massage, but just wear a diaper to it, if you gave the company staff an informative manner, most likely they wouldn't have an issue with it.

I don't even understand how public spanking or face slapping can be compared to wearing a diaper to a massage, but here goes...

A pat on the butt in a playful and discreet manner I can imagine being fine anywhere. I may have been the recipient of more than one on occasion... *blush*

If you start making a nuisance of yourself with loud displays of playful butt touching that seems really inconsiderate and inappropriate - not because it's ABDLish, but because it's overly and excessively sexual for a public place.
An actual slap or spanking for punishment seems completely inappropriate anywhere anytime outside the privacy of a personal space. It's not OK, and I don't want anyone (child, person in an abusive relationship, potential abuser looking towards models of acceptable behavior) to think that kind of thing is OK because someone wants to play at it. It'd be like masturbating in public!

A diaper to a massage when you are actually incontinent is one thing. However much like you would brush your teeth before going to the dentist, or shower off a stinky body before getting a massage, I would be sure to put on a clean diaper.

All massage therapists I have seen prefer working on you nude though, so if I had the choice about wearing, I would take off the diaper, just like I take off my jewelry, or make sure I'm not stinky. Now I guess if you're paying a specialist for the specific experience of "give me a massage while diapered for pleasure purposes" that's different, but again, that's something you've explicitly paid for, not some situation you are forcing on somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back