Wearing out of the house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the biggest driving point here is whether diapers are part of AB/DL, or as a kink/fetish.

If diapers are an honest part of who you are, or you simply love wearing them, they yes they belong outside of the house. (Under clothes of course unless you're in a clothing optional area).

If diapers are just a a kink or fetish to you, then they belong only in the same place the rest of your sexual life belongs. Not outside, but behind a locked bedroom door.

An AB cannot say it's ok for everyone to go out in diapers and a romper. And a Diaper Fetish person can't say diapers should never be worn out of the house regardless of situation. They are two very different situations, and worn with very different intents.

Slomo, I'm not sure I agree with how you've phrased it, but I think I agree with some of what you're getting at.

What I mean is, I'm not sure the intent matters, so much as the end behavior. And I think that spectrum of that behavior has some relationship to the innocent regression vs sexual kink spectrum.

It's not the diapers that are problematic, or the caregiver/little relationship. It's the details of the behavior while in them.

AdorableRabbit said:
Slomo, I'm not sure I agree with how you've phrased it, but I think I agree with some of what you're getting at.

What I mean is, I'm not sure the intent matters, so much as the end behavior. And I think that spectrum of that behavior has some relationship to the innocent regression vs sexual kink spectrum.

It's not the diapers that are problematic, or the caregiver/little relationship. It's the details of the behavior while in them.

Well, you may be right for the majority, but there absolutely some for whom it does matter. Let me give everyone one good personal example. A few times now I have worn only my diaper at the beach. And before anyone judges... Think about it, they cover up more than most swim suits, and since I'm incontinent I need to wear one anyways (I typically will not go in the water either). Yes I could wear shorts over my diaper, but what's the point really. A diaper alone is not indecent exposure, and meets/exceeds all of my local beach laws.

Still, I once had some guy in a speedo approach me and start going off on how I was being lewd and exposing myself. He started to make a real scene, and even appeared like he wanted to start a fight. And yeah I could completely see his junk too.

Even dumber though, is he was doing this about 100 ft from some beach cops. They had just strolled past me not even a minute prior. I had waved to them and they said nothing while continuing on. And yes it was clearly obvious I was diapered.

Well, thanks to this guy they came right back. The very first thing they said was to the guy that he was disturbing my peace. He needed to leave or they would let me press charges. The guy stomped off, and the cops actually apologized to me for him, then told me to enjoy the rest of my day.

So as you can see, it is the diaper alone than can upset some people regardless of our attitude towards them. But by this same example you can also see there is no legal standing against us for allowing them to show. We just have to be ready for those few idiots that are offended by everything. Including our diapers, and/or ab clothes.

Slomo said:
Well, you may be right for the majority, but there absolutely some for whom it does matter.

Ah! I think I understand now. You've been talking about what the entire range of reactions might be.

I was instead offering opinions on what I thought was right, and considerate.

Maxx said:
Was it a tangerine speedo?

Nope, just a thin strip of see through cloth. It's one of those unfortunate images that makes you want to pour bleach in your eyes.

AdorableRabbit said:
Ah! I think I understand now. You've been talking about what the entire range of reactions might be.

I was instead offering opinions on what I thought was right, and considerate.

Sure, as was I, the two are not mutually exclusive. The OP did give an example, but was asking in generalities too. If someone wants to go out dressed up in little's clothing with their diaper being obvious- and they are being genuine about it- then this IS the right thing for them to do, and others should be considerate of the AB for that is who they are and have a right in their expression.

Now if they dress the same way but are doing so because they get some kind of sexual excitement or thrill from it, then that is the wrong thing to do, and they should be more considerate of others in public.

While both situations may appear to be the same from an outside point of view, that alone doesn't make either one right or wrong and immediately judged for it. Hence the reason why I said to be prepared for being confronted or questioned about it.

Slomo said:
Nope, just a thin strip of see through cloth. It's one of those unfortunate images that makes you want to pour bleach in your eyes.
LOL! You should definitely avoid the Folsom Street Fair in SF then... :-D

If someone wants to go out dressed up in little's clothing with their diaper being obvious- and they are being genuine about it- then this IS the right thing for them to do, and others should be considerate of the AB for that is who they are and have a right in their expression.

Now if they dress the same way but are doing so because they get some kind of sexual excitement or thrill from it, then that is the wrong thing to do, and they should be more considerate of others in public.

While both situations may appear to be the same from an outside point of view, that alone doesn't make either one right or wrong...
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. If the behavior and actions are the same, it's impossible to judge what's really in a person's heart form the outside.

Besides, I don't understand why doing something for sexual pleasure or titilation is wrong? Lots of people will get aroused by their actions or dress in public and that's perfectly normal. So long as their behavior is not overtly sexual and inappropriate it's fine.

It's like the car stereo example of Maxx's. It doesn't matter if the ass is with the radio too loud is blasting Kanye or Mahler, any more than it matters if they enjoy the volume because they can hear more of the music or for the satisfaction they get for showing off how expensive their stereo is. They're still rude.

I guess I just can't imagine a situation where intent would matter either to the public or to the rightness of the situation, whereas I can see plenty of cases where little differences in the behavior would matter very much!

I find this discussion interesting, but not really in reference to the OP situation but 'diaper exposure' in general. I remember several years ago seeing a young man, maybe mid 30's at Medical supply place wearing white pants with an obvious diaper on. Had the pants been black would not have been noticed. Question is: Is it inviting scorn if you wear white pants and not scorn if you wear black pants? Where is the dividing line: I think we all know where we are personally. How many scenario's can you imagine that crosses the line? How about if we do not engage with any one? I like the line from Adorable rabbit as adjusted to..."little differences in behavior would..." cross the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back