Minecraft fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milko said:
Haha maybe it's just me ;) I didn't get the paid version of Minecraft until a lot later and I always had an immense fascination of what the older versions were like. Granted they are mostly inferior but they did a lot of experimenting with different features and styles of gameplay that they later removed. Indev is a good example. It was before infinite worlds and you could choose map characteristics when creating them, from what I remember there was map shape, theme, size and depth. You could make floating world, beaches, 'hell' words with lava instead of water, it was so fun ;) Also some of the newer features like magic etc. I was never really into. That and the older versions run a lot better which is good for me since I play them on pretty old hardware

XD You can do so much more with mods, including creating custom dimensions. Also .. magic? The only magic I can think of in vanilla is ... enchanting?

Now as for running an old system ... ya, that would certainly do it XD. I can't even go back to vanilla though. Once you play modded, vanilla just feels way to bare and boring. Not to mention I have done vanilla so much in the past, that if I where to do it again, I would just be repeating what I have already done.

MarchinBunny said:
XD You can do so much more with mods, including creating custom dimensions. Also .. magic? The only magic I can think of in vanilla is ... enchanting?

Now as for running an old system ... ya, that would certainly do it XD. I can't even go back to vanilla though. Once you play modded, vanilla just feels way to bare and boring. Not to mention I have done vanilla so much in the past, that if I where to do it again, I would just be repeating what I have already done.

The potions and stuff, I dunno XD I lost interest in following the updates much since about 2013. Mods are fun but I had crap luck getting them to work properly, copying the files and deleting META-INF or whatever it was ;) hated that.

Milko said:
The potions and stuff, I dunno XD I lost interest in following the updates much since about 2013. Mods are fun but I had crap luck getting them to work properly, copying the files and deleting META-INF or whatever it was ;) hated that.

You do realize how much has changed right? XD Most mods these days don't require much work. In fact .. install curse ... sign in. Select mod pack, download it and play. XD It jsut works right out of the box.

Now as for potions, in all my time playing minecraft, I think you might be shocked to hear that I have never touched potions. So it's not exactly required.

As I said, servers I played on were really serious. The beggining of Minecraft multiplayer started somewhere in Beta and it was a success. First server I played on was non-white list(you could connect even when you had cracked minecraft) It was common that you got ban for typical stuff(griefing, hacks, x-ray..) However Admins realized they can't ban your name because it doesn't prevent you from coming back(you could easily change name). There was also a chance that multiple players have the same name. So they come to the point of banning your IP adress. You couldn't connect unless you had that kind of modem which could change its IP.(that was a rather special occasion).

Servers usually had an option of purchasing VIP for real money. It gave you permissions to /teleport or you were allowed to claim a bigger land to be yours. It was also a way to help owner of the server with financial situation. Maybe that's the reason regular players were treated like they matter...

I got lucky with one server where i got to know friendly people and where I e eventually became admin and the head of admins(major). I think I got it because I was quite responsible and built nicely. I was 14 at that time.(I had to lie that I'm 15 to become admin, lol) I rarely banned or kicked someone. Being admin is funny, actually. I used to /vanish and teleport to someone in the cave and I played creepy music plates somewhere near him or spawn a zombie😂😂 I used to troll people, some of them actually got scared, lol. Beautiful memories. I can relate it has that nostalgia that brings peace.

How often do I play minecraft?
Well I started about 8-9 years ago and play it since now with many breaks. This week I played everyday. We could get together, find or create a server...if you are interested.

I love playing Minecraft. I play on this dayz server all the time

im essentially the Fuddy Duddy of Minecraft ive been playing since Alpha Version 1.0.0 since i got a free Key from my local game store for a trial version loved it saved up my hard earned $$$ and brought it the next week been playing ever since my favourite thing is to do themed builds in creative the largest build i have is nearly 9000 BLocks squared which is still being built its a Massive Zoo with Jurassicraft which adds the dino's from the JP franchise F&A which adds a random assortment of Dinosaurs & prehistoric Creatures, Pixelmon which adds Pokemon into Minecraft and Mo Creatures im currently working on a Velociraptor paddock you can walk under with a series of Tunnels underneath it with viewing domes scattered around it like JPOG

I really admire theme buildings. I personally am not very interested in building such a huge projects, I usually get bored and move on to something else but gosh it's so nice to watch a timelapse. You must really enjoy playing minecraft. 9000 blocks squared?! Whaaau I can't even imagine. Maybe a bit.. to a current server I play on. There was Zoo too. They even have implemented mo creatures mod which I like.

I haven't played it in a while, but do from time to time. I do not play online, but do have about 20 mods installed so I do not update the game any more. Usually I play survival mode and build up a massive castle with a connected town.

I gave it a chance. I liked the ability to design and explore. Being able to actually craft and build was fun but over all I found the game way too easy. I tried playing online on the super servers and wasn't all that into the game modes.

Yes. The survival itself is easy but I think it was not the point, the goal of this game. This game does not have a goal. The question is what you enjoy about this game. I enjoy building anything that needs redstone... I understand that it is not for everyone. Literally translated proverb I use: 100 people with 100 tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back