Is there any plastic backed store bought nappies in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I am thinking I might go nappy shopping tomorrow and was not exactly liking the idea of more cloth backed depend or tena like that I bought late 2015. So thought I would just ask if there any pharmacies in Australia that sell plastic backed diapers in store? I think I read in an earlier thread in 2015 that tena was going back to plastic with molicare? don't know if that's true or not.

I haven't heard of any in Australia

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

lamando said:
I haven't heard of any in Australia

Oh OK. It seems all I've seen at pharmacies are nappy pants with various brands or depend with tabs but they're not that great.

Can you order online? There's a few very good vendors with very quick delivery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can order diapers on line Abu universe,
Bambino diaprrs, cuddlez diapers, these are ones I would recamend

Try ABU Australia, you can pickup if you are in Melbourne.

Argent said:
Try ABU Australia, you can pickup if you are in Melbourne.

Yes I could order online however I don't want to wait like a week. I live in coffs harbour NSW. So long way from melbourne. Plus I kind of want to buy in store for the experience even though it terrifys me sometimes.

Bright sky is good with fast deliveries to here in vic, they are based in Newington so they are a bit closer to you.
Medical supply stores have a greater range than chemists, call Willaid and ask what brands/styles they have in stock or see if there is any other similar stores in your town.

Last edited:
starpup said:
Bright sky is good with fast deliveries to here in vic, they are based in Newington so they are a bit closer to you.
Medical supply stores have a greater range than chemists, call Willaid and ask what brands/styles they have in stock or see if there is any other similar stores in your town.

I had a look on their website in their incontinence section and they didn't seem to have much unfortunately. I did however buy some in store molicare slip maxi diapers today. Which compared to ABU lavender suck. They are of course cloth backed and the tabs don't seem to stick as well either.

Last edited:
Bummer, may be worth asking if they will be stocking the new blue plastic molicares in the future, most places are happy to order in a small number packs of a specific type and size if you request them :)

Thanks, maybe but probably just order online if that's the case anyway from brightsky or independence Australia. I really don't get it molicare was a (at least I thought) good brand but the tabs now being velcro are awful just after a couple of hours one won't even stick back on with another becoming unstuck constantly. The sides feel flimsy as well and less padding overall compared to ABU. I hope companies change their ways because this is really sleazy.

Try Littles Down Under. Independent Aus still have the plastic back super plus.

Fluttershy said:
This is a good Australian-based source for getting nappies :3

http://www.littles-downunder.com.au/

Yeah they're good ordered from them before. Though they don't sell molicare unfortunately which I've been wanting to try. Just wish pharmacies stocked decent ones in store as ordering diapers online and getting lots of packages would probably make my parents want to investigate. Right now they just let me have the odd parcel without asking questions but I think they would ask questions if I ordered a carton of diapers XD

SweetPrincess said:

Yeah they're good ordered from them before. Though they don't sell molicare unfortunately which I've been wanting to try. Just wish pharmacies stocked decent ones in store as ordering diapers online and getting lots of packages would probably make my parents want to investigate. Right now they just let me have the odd parcel without asking questions but I think they would ask questions if I ordered a carton of diapers XD

I don't live with my parents but I get everything sent to there place. They are frustrated by the fact that I get 1-3 parcels a week normally but they dont and cant snoop, remember if the mail has your name legally they cant open it.

LifeGoesOn223 said:
I don't live with my parents but I get everything sent to there place. They are frustrated by the fact that I get 1-3 parcels a week normally but they dont and cant snoop, remember if the mail has your name legally they cant open it.

Quite a few nosey parents can't be bothered with the law when it comes to knowing what their child is getting in the mail.

And some others will just plain harass/extort the information out of you.

And don't forget, that federal law ONLY applies to US mail. not FedEx, not UPS, not DHL, nobody but US Mail. That, and reporting your parents for opening your mail could be a really fast ticket to the curb. So it sounds good in theory, but is mostly useless in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back