Premium diaper comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTapedCrusader

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Is there anywhere where I can find a good comparison of the various different premium diapers? I have my stash for regular use but I want to Branch out and try some other premium ones for special occasions. I see ones like Rearz and ABU listed and reviews for them, but is there any kind of a thread with cost vs absorbency for these various diapers?

If a thread like this already exsists, please feel free ro PM me the thread and close thia one.

I wish there were a more comprehensive, standardized comparison of premium diapers, testing absorbency and with a breakdown for cost and other variables. I've yet to see one.

The problem with comparisons is that there are just too many variables with fit and body type. If a medium in one brand doesn't fit like a medium in another, it's performance may suffer. Add in what seems like the inevitable factory batch to batch differences, even within one brand, there can be variables. I too wish there was a standard that could be set and enforced within the advertised absorbency, but that would raise the prices for sure.
I love hearing people's experiences with a specific brand and style, especially when they include their body weight and waist size and height. this helps me better understand if the results will match my needs and body type.

I use Dry 24/7's as my main premium diaper, and Foresite and ABU Simples once in a while I would like to order north shores but shipping to Canada is to expensive.

Best thing is to order samples of the top brand diapers and try them your self for fit and functionality all will be absorbant but each brand can fit differently and that can effect the performance of the diaper,

being incontinent for the last 2 years has forced me to try different premium diapers until I found the ones that work the best for me. unfortunately what works for some may not work for you so there sill be a lot of trial and errors.

XP Medical has a pretty good chart on the diapers they carry

TheTapedCrusader said:
Is there anywhere where I can find a good comparison of the various different premium diapers? I have my stash for regular use but I want to Branch out and try some other premium ones for special occasions. I see ones like Rearz and ABU listed and reviews for them, but is there any kind of a thread with cost vs absorbency for these various diapers?

If a thread like this already exsists, please feel free ro PM me the thread and close thia one.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/53-Diaper-Reviews

Too many variables to get individualized absorbency ratings. Take abu for example. When properly fitted they will leak long before reaching even half capacity. Or Confidry, which is not that great at wicking so the back of the diaper is seldom ever wet by the time it leaks.

You are just going to have to test the various diapers for yourself. Break them down to how long they last before leaking (not their rated max absorbency). Also, if you intend to use them 24/7, then you will need to look at their overall cost per day. A cheap diaper that needs to be changed three times versus an expensive diaper, will likely cost more overall.

Slomo said:
Too many variables to get individualized absorbency ratings. Take abu for example. When properly fitted they will leak long before reaching even half capacity. Or Confidry, which is not that great at wicking so the back of the diaper is seldom ever wet by the time it leaks..

Your experiences differ greatly from mine. I find confidry 247 to be excellent at wicking, as good as space. I wear 247 when I haven't drank a lot before bed and don't need high capacity. ("only good" for maybe 3 large wettings) I've ran those clear to the back and leaded out the back top on a few occasions. From there I get more mileage out of space. (4-5 large wettings) I have yet to max out a safari though. (8+?) None of those are at risk of leaking for me until I get near capacity (as defined as "padding is wet all the way to the back top lip")

And of course one full wetting is worth a good two smaller wettings, so there's lots of tinkling going on some nights!

go to XP Medical, they have a nice one with most popular brands

bambinod said:
Your experiences differ greatly from mine. I find confidry 247 to be excellent at wicking, as good as space. I wear 247 when I haven't drank a lot before bed and don't need high capacity. ("only good" for maybe 3 large wettings) I've ran those clear to the back and leaded out the back top on a few occasions. From there I get more mileage out of space. (4-5 large wettings) I have yet to max out a safari though. (8+?) None of those are at risk of leaking for me until I get near capacity (as defined as "padding is wet all the way to the back top lip")

And of course one full wetting is worth a good two smaller wettings, so there's lots of tinkling going on some nights!

Don't get me wrong, confidry24/7 is my go to diaper as well. I am incontinent and mostly leak all the time, with an occasional small flooding. And while I have managed to soak it front to back before, this is usually not the case for me (especially as I sit a lot). Most times I will leak after the back of my crotch gets really wet. As such, I really don't ever achieve their full absorbency rating. They're still pretty darn good though.

Slomo said:
Don't get me wrong, confidry24/7 is my go to diaper as well. I am incontinent and mostly leak all the time, with an occasional small flooding. And while I have managed to soak it front to back before, this is usually not the case for me (especially as I sit a lot). Most times I will leak after the back of my crotch gets really wet. As such, I really don't ever achieve their full absorbency rating. They're still pretty darn good though.

Don't hate on them for having a lower sitting-performance than their max rating. There's nothing unusual or unexpected about that. If you can get even 60% of rated capacity while sitting, you're doing very, very good.

It depends on what you're trying to go for. If you're looking for ABDL premium diapers, ABU and Tykables are the two brands to go for. ABU has the highest capacity with their Space series, and Tykables Overnights are a good medium-capacity diaper that's concealable under clothes. Avoid Bambino. They used to be good, but they've declined in quality while competitors have gotten better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back