Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Food.

Default Fast Food.

I don't really eat fast food often, when I do I eat things like maccas or kfc, but the odd thing about fast food is these.

My body isn't used to eating that crap, so I get extremely tired, have stomach cramps and bad poops and better yet heart palpations.

To give you an idea of how tired fast food makes me is yesterday I had fast food, went to bed at like 2pm due to exaushtion, woke up a few times, than finally woke up an hour ago. (obviously I've been up for an hour or so being on adisc occasionally)

Does anyone else have the same when they eat fast food? makes me so tired I can barely get out of bed, better yet it triggered my hallucinations.

Yes. I can't eat food from most restaurants at all anymore. Fast food is just out of the question for me.

I think fast food is crap, so I avoid the stuff whenever I can. Still, when I must eat it, my body feels funny.

PaddedPuppy

I have an addiction to fried chicken. I go to KFC too much. Despite this, and me thinking its the best tasting food in the entire world, my body has still not become used to such food and every time after eating KFC I will feel generally unwell for a while, as well as getting stomach cramps and loose poop (with mucus in it too - a lovely TMI image to paint in your mind)

Its worth noting that I have this reaction with only some fast food and not others, but experience the same feeling after some other foods. From pretty limited research, I could possibly blame my reactions to some sort of allergy/intolerance to palm oil. It seems to be present in the majority of foods that have left me in that state afterwards. It may be worth you experimenting with different foods and fast food outlets. See if you can find some sort of pattern to what triggers you and then you know what to avoid in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    I have an addiction to fried chicken. I go to KFC too much. Despite this, and me thinking its the best tasting food in the entire world, my body has still not become used to such food and every time after eating KFC I will feel generally unwell for a while, as well as getting stomach cramps and loose poop (with mucus in it too - a lovely TMI image to paint in your mind)

Its worth noting that I have this reaction with only some fast food and not others, but experience the same feeling after some other foods. From pretty limited research, I could possibly blame my reactions to some sort of allergy/intolerance to palm oil. It seems to be present in the majority of foods that have left me in that state afterwards. It may be worth you experimenting with different foods and fast food outlets. See if you can find some sort of pattern to what triggers you and then you know what to avoid in the future.
    This is interesting. So, ramen noodles are typically made with palm oil, and in order for them to be edible to me, I have to cook the noodles separately from the broth, then strain and rinse them to get rid of the oil. o.o; I'm not sure if it's an allergy per se, but my system is VERY sensitive, and it definitely does not like palm oil.
    Last edited by Sapphyre; 01-Feb-2017 at 19:47.

MarchinBunny

I can eat anything (actual food) as far as I am aware. So fast food is no problem for me.

I have a weird stomach. I used to be really into fast food but it's gone south. Literally and metaphorically. I liked McDonald's enough but after having it and waking up at 3AM In a cold sweat and a stomach filled with pains, and the runs, I cut that off. Maybe once a year. I get five guys a lot still. And i get fried chicken here and there. KFC, Popeyes, etc. and if I ever have to grab a bite at penn station quickly I'll grab Taco Bell. Most people can't process Taco Bell but my weird stomach is perfectly fine with it. But that's rare to have. Like very rare.

My preferred fast food is Subway, because you can load up on the veggies and make a decent balanced meal out of it.

For a guilty pleasure/comfort food.... their flatbread breakfast sandwiches kick butt.

Subway shouldn't be considered fast food in my opinion. Yes it fits the name. But it just doesn't seem like fast food. I'm also a partisan when it comes to subs. There's been a shop in my families name since the 40's when my great grandmother? Worked with her friend who owned and opened it. Still good.