Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
It's just not going away. I'm feeling bored as H*&l, and can't find anything to keep my interest. I've tried a new game I've tried looking into a new subject and can't feel any interest in it. Everything just sucks right now and I can't seem to get away from it.

I certainly do get like that from time to time. Typically, when I am bored I just chat with people if I can. Other than that, I really don't know how to solve boredom. In fact, I deal with it so dang often these days, it's normal for me. XD

I have 290 games on steam, with many I have yet to even touch and still, I am often bored lol. So I suppose, I am kind of curious to see some of the responses here as maybe some have ideas on how to help.

Although, I do have a question. Are you certain boredom is the main issue and not a lack of motivation, which in turn causes boredom? That is what it is for me. The lack of motivation makes me not really feeling like doing anything at times which is what causes me to be bored.

I guess you might be right. I really don't feel anything worth working for. Day in day out is the same as the last few weeks in a row. I've lost hope on the job hunt and just stopped.

KryanAshford said:
I guess you might be right. I really don't feel anything worth working for. Day in day out is the same as the last few weeks in a row. I've lost hope on the job hunt and just stopped.

Ya, then it certainly does sound like a lack of motivation. Sorry >.<, I really wish I knew how to help, but I have the same issue.

I certainly understand this feeling, I find the boredom is constant, waking up survive through the day and fall asleep. Nothing is able to hold my attention, heck I find it difficult to even write replies out.

I'm getting nowhere with my job hunt too.

Starrunner said:
I'm sorry you're feeling this way again. I don't think the problem is boredom. When I look back to your previous threads I tend to beloeve there are a number of things going on here.

First and foremost, I believe that depression has been an underlying cause in how you've been feeling, and it manifests itself through boredom, stress, anxiety, and an overwhelming feeling that things aren't going to get better.

*snip*

I read it all myself. ^^

And you make a lot of good points, honestly. But sometimes short-term distractions can help too, sometimes things need to be put on the proverbial back-burner for awhile. That's been my experience, anyway. It's only when it becomes habitual that it turns into an avoidance mechanism, and then it's problematic. Every now and then, it's helpful to find something to take one's mind off of other things. I don't know KryanAshford well enough yet to say whether this is the case or not.

Great response, though. ^^

I have no goals currently. There isn't anything worth aiming for. The numbers are against me. I'm one of over a billion people on this planet. I don't matter more than any other person. The chances that I'm meant to have a good or decent life are horrible. The only advice I was given by my mother was to hope and pray for better. SO pointless as hell.

KryanAshford said:
I have no goals currently. There isn't anything worth aiming for. The numbers are against me. I'm one of over a billion people on this planet. I don't matter more than any other person. The chances that I'm meant to have a good or decent life are horrible. The only advice I was given by my mother was to hope and pray for better. SO pointless as hell.

Awww... *hugs* Hey now... that's not true at all. Some people in this world (okay, most) are just idiots, and to be perfectly honest and blunt about it, I never waste my time with them. I'm talking with you because, frankly, you're well above that, and I can see that from all the way over the Internet. It's just your depression talking. As for chances, my advice is don't count on them. My own father refused to contribute a dime to my college education because he felt I "wasn't capable" of completing a degree... well, hmmm, I have a Master's in Mathematics now and am applying to Ph. D. programs... so he can go sit on a pole and rotate. Never give up on being who or what you want to be. Life changes all the time. Sometimes you have to be a bit like a steam-roller and just run over everything that gets in your way, if that makes sense.

I'm feeling okay again. I however was told I'm the first one in line to replace my boss if and when it comes time. I really really REALLY don't want this position. I've had this job since I was a teenager. I hate it. I still have time to get out before something happens, but now I'm feel like a clock is now counting down. Even if the timer runs out I swear I'll quit before I have to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back