Abu plastic backed preschool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamperluv

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone tried the new Abu Plastic Backed Preschools? I have tried the cloth.....Are they comparable to Pampers?? My dream diaper....I just want to know if they're worth buying

I would get one of the sample packs and try them out to see if you like them or not. I prefer the plastic backed to the cloth backed, I think the sides are to stretchy on the cloth backed. They start to stretch out after a few hours of wearing I think. I haven't had that problem out of the plastics. I don't wet or mess in mine so I couldn't say much for their absorbency and what not but they are pretty comfy dry. A bit on the noisier side but most plastic backed tend to be crinkly.

Like I said the best thing to do is buy a sample pack and try them out to see if you like them or not.

I like them but I think sample packs are always the way to go with a new diaper. I took a leap of faith on these because they had a Black Friday offer and got a case and wasn't disappointed but I've had that go badly. A little investigation up-front is worth it.

I find that they go on nice and tight. I slept in one once and when i woke up it was all loosened up and kind of discombobulated...very cute though and sound wonderfull

Yes they are worth buying.

I tried a sample pack of M and L, although I am 99% certain that I received 2 large diapers, because I could find no difference in overall length or width, and website indicated mediums out of stock.
The Preschools kinda remind me of the discontinued Abena M3 plastic. I am not a big fan of graphics on my diapers, but these are cute and I will likely order a case when the Mediums are back in stock.

I got the preschool cloth backed, and I think its worth it. I love those for what they are. They can be a little better but I think its pretty great.

I think they will be well worth it.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

I like the plastic-backed preschools, however I had trouble with the tapes. They lost their adhesiveness too quickly, which was disappointing. I wore waist-size medium.

No idea if they're like Pampers diapers.

as far as thickness or ability to hold, does anyone know how they compare to the Abu Cushies?

I would assume its very different than cushier, I tried the cloth back preschool a couple months ago, they aren't as thick but the trade off it that they wick better, 4 tapes against the cushies / sdk 2 tapes, also the cut is different. I want to order the plastic back ones also, I like the idea of a thinner diaper for during the day, plus the designs appeal to me better

Pamperluv said:
Has anyone tried the new Abu Plastic Backed Preschools? I have tried the cloth.....Are they comparable to Pampers?? My dream diaper....I just want to know if they're worth buying

Wearing one now actually ;) These are my go-to diaper for wearing to work every day. At the start they were only available in clothlike, so I got a case of those. They size about identical to the newer sdk/cushies, but with four tapes instead of two. That's really the only difference besides the front art. I found that the sides stretched unacceptably during the day. (I think that was a problem for a lot of people) Other than that though they were really good all around. So when they offered plastic, I got some of those, an they are great. They're the best daytime diaper I've found. The padding may be a liiiitle bit thinner than the SDK, or I've just gotten more use to it.

From what little I can remember of Pampers from years ago, they're pretty similar. You may not like the four tapes though, a lot of people looking for the "most authentic look" want just the two tapes. For that, got some cushies or SDKs.

ABU will let you mix your order. Consider getting a mixed case. It costs more than a bunch of samples, but is a much better value. As long as the size fits you, I don't think they'll go to waste!

I would agree with most everyone here. They are good for what they are. The absorbency is not near what the cushies are capable of. After a few hours you will find the natural stretch in the plastic makes the diaper kinda loose. The cut on the side panels is a bit wide which makes the diaper a little "flappy" when that happens. All in all not a bad day time wear if your changing every few hours. IMHO they could be a bit more "refined" in terms of fit and absorbency but they are a good all around mid-grade diaper.

I'm not sure if I was just unlucky, but I just tried my first plastic back pre-school and it leaked after one standing up wetting. I know it is a thinner diaper but I've never had that problem with the original version!

Kind of sad as I could of spend a few extra quid on the simple's etc.. which I have never had a problem with after multiple wettings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back