Birthdays and being little around family

Status
Not open for further replies.

olithecupcake

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
My birthday was yesterday and I had a good time. My family took me shopping and I spent forever looking at toys and stuff. At one point my mom said she found me something and held up one of those baby play centers, I'm not sure what they're called, the ones with the toys hanging off the top. It was super embarrassing cause I would love to have one of those, in a bigger size of course. I just told her I'm not that young. I ended up getting some play doh and snacks. I feel like I'm getting more comfortable with my little side and letting it out, and as a result it's coming out naturally. I think my family is noticing more. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing though. Because I don't wanna suppress myself, but I don't want them to find out the full extent of it either. I've always acted little, I guess I'm just nervous about them finding out and reacting badly. I still live at home. I wish I just had the freedom to express myself without being scared.

I know that struggle all too well =/

You sound like you're on the right track...but then again, when i'm visiting my mom, I don't feel like i have the freedom for any display of emotion, because i get patronized for everything.

Best advice i can give is let this desire drive you to get where you want to be.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( why does she patronize you?

Thanks for the advice. I know desire itself doesn't help much. I just hope I can be there someday.

olithecupcake said:
Thanks for the advice. I know desire itself doesn't help much. I just hope I can be there someday.

depends on how much you let it, really.

olithecupcake said:
why does she patronize you?

i dunno...she says it's just what parents do; and i'd agree if she only did it occasionally.

I dunno, I think parents should be supportive of their kids not put them down. But, it does seem like something parents do, even if they shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back