Status
Not open for further replies.

ukabguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
hi all I'm looking at getting some bambino nappies /diapers are they any good its just there are so many different types out there I want some that can hold up to a few wettings and maybe the odd messing thanks :)

I would personally go for Bambino over ABU every time. They are not the cheapest, but I think Balissimos are excellent and a good value. Their older designs aren't bad either. I haven't tried the space specifically, but I tried the ABU Lavender and I thought it was just ok.

I feel like Bambino or ABU is a great choice. ABUs are slightly more absorbent and for me have held up better over longer periods of use, but both companies offer a great product. Personally I would base it off of design preference, as both companies offer great options for high absorbency. If your not looking for an all over design but rather an all over white diaper ABU has the simple which is the same as their other high absorbency diapers besides the print. Either way both offer a great product and great options to choose from.

Gwendolyn said:
I would personally go for Bambino over ABU every time. They are not the cheapest, but I think Balissimos are excellent and a good value. Their older designs aren't bad either. I haven't tried the space specifically, but I tried the ABU Lavender and I thought it was just ok.
The two tape designs are a completely different diaper from the single taped ones. I have both Bellissimos and ABU Little Paws. They are both thicker, more absorbent, and have better tapes.

I've lately fallen in diaper-love with the Bambino Magnifico diapers--the ones with the stretchy sides and the dinosaur prints. Sadly, they just ran out of stock. NOOOOOOO!

Cottontail said:
I've lately fallen in diaper-love with the Bambino Magnifico diapers--the ones with the stretchy sides and the dinosaur prints. Sadly, they just ran out of stock. NOOOOOOO!

Glad I just got my first order of them. I'd been putting it off for some time and finally decided to get some and see how I liked them.

gigglebutt said:
Mediums fit but only just.
Would you mind sharing your measurements? Having worn a large in just about everything else, I ordered the L/XL Magnificos and found the sizing to be about what I expected--maybe slightly larger than the ABU larges I'm used to. The diaper rises to just above my belly button in front. That's a good, safe rise, but I wondered if, because of the stretchy sides on these diapers, I might get away with wearing the S/M diapers also--for when a more trim fit is needed. In most diapers, a medium won't work on me because the lower tapes won't quite reach.

I have a 38" waist and 27" rise.

well I got in my bag of "S/M - 26"-46" and I suppose I should have sen this coming but they baaarely fit my 42" waist. Glad I only got a bag.

That being said, there is simply nothing but good news to report on these diapers! They've got these stretchy sides that fit more comfortably than any material I've ever worn. The shell is soft yet smooth plastic, and has a nice neutralish pattern on it of pastel dinos in diapers, works well to convey a "memories of pampers" kind of vibe.

The tape panel is kinda easy to overlook, it's soft, not hard to the touch, and is flexible. Feel like corduroy jeans. The softest part outside is the back of the tapes, they've got a really soft backing on them to protect your hands etc from the harder plastic of the velcro tab underneath. They stick really really well too, and yet are pretty easy to pull up to move.

The attachment surface stops about 3/4" from the side of the wings. This is probably a good thing, to stop anything from irritating or pinching your skin if you're out at the limit of their range, which I am. Padding is plush and again very soft. Almost feels like a cloth diaper on the inside, same texture with just a bit softer feeling. Leak guards are good too. Also, the crotch is quite wide. Like "Safari" wide. Given how I have to tape the lowers UPWARD to get properly on the landing zone, I get quite a waddle and snugged-up fit from them. Looking forward to a more "relaxed fit".

So... order big! Something tells me I'm going to be swimming a bit in the L/XL but owell. I see Bambino is completely out of Magnifico stock, so I'll be waiting for them to get restocked. Anyone know when they're expecting their next shipment?

just a quick update. Fitting these required a rather odd strategy some of you might actually like. Attaching the lower tapes BELOW the uppers was just getting too tight around my legs, and I was at the far side of the panel. So I tried moving them up. OK that fits better. Lets try more. Tape collision with top tapes. Well... the lowers fit out farther than the uppers, lets just try attaching them UNDER the upper tapes....

and it works?

ok then... makes it look like a single tape diaper, but the fit is much better, not feeling like its cutting off the circulation in my legs anymore.

So - if you have a four tape diaper and wish it was a two, try attaching the lowers first, moved straight up from where you normally would, then just overlap and tape down the tops normally. (past, not ON the lower tapes)

That being said, a bit more of a review on them. The padding starts off pretty plush so I was pretty sure it was going to wick well, and it did not disappoint. Wicking is excellent. They must use good quality fine sap because the diaper starts out very flexible when dry, yet swells pretty good when wet. Also it sets up almost like concrete, I think that's again a factor of the smaller sap grains. DC Amore diapers have a lot of sap too but it's much larger grain and is like little marbles when wet, shifts around. Magnifico just get really firm when wet. But they somehow still seem to wick when saturated, which is also good.

Overnight, the clothlike backing on the tapes worked amazingly well to protect my wrists from getting "tape dig-in". I actually had difficulty telling where the tapes were once I had the covers up. That's a great feature! And as others have said, these tapes don't mind being moved and moved and moved again. No change in stick. I haven't tested to see how they handle lotion or powder, but I'm betting they still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back