For veterans using the VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklebuttt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Some of us have been answering each others questions about getting diapers thru the VA and I may have something that can help more. Most VAMCs have a contract through certain websites for their ordering. If you find out what website they use, you can research the brands they carry and get the order information yourself to give to your primary care physician so that they can input it for the pharmacy tech to see in the computer system. For example mine orders from indemed.com so for my next refill I'm having them get me Abena M4s instead of tranquility ATN.

I have asked my VA pharmacy orderer if they can get me the ABU LittlePawz or the ConfiDry 24/7. I figured the worst they can say is no. I did notice they have the Welness Supreme on the website. Has anyone tried them and how do they work?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Wellness supreme is no better than xpmedicals a plus diapers. They are slightly less than abena xpkus or molicare super. And don't let their "nasa" crap fool you, their diapers have nothing in common with a mag. It's just a marketing ploy.

That's what I was thinking but I have never tried them myself. I will update here if I manage to get the VA to get me the ABU LittlePawz or ConfiDry 24/7 that I am asking for. I figured it doesn't hert to ask.

Here's the thing...

Unless your medical condition is considered 'Caused' by your military service (ie Injury/ies)...

You are not going to receive coverage for medicine or medical supplies.

Now, of course, there are (some) exceptions. The V.A. grants a degree of disability. Percentages apply. Oh, how they apply! Depending on your time of service (during war? Conflict?). Depending on the wounds you received during your contract of service? Harsh, but simple truth.

Extra-sad fact: 'Medicare', doesn't provide incontinence products (for the vast majority of people relying on such coverage), either.

Bucephalus said:
Here's the thing...

Unless your medical condition is considered 'Caused' by your military service (ie Injury/ies)...

You are not going to receive coverage for medicine or medical supplies.

Now, of course, there are (some) exceptions. The V.A. grants a degree of disability. Percentages apply. Oh, how they apply! Depending on your time of service (during war? Conflict?). Depending on the wounds you received during your contract of service? Harsh, but simple truth.

Extra-sad fact: 'Medicare', doesn't provide incontinence products (for the vast majority of people relying on such coverage), either.

Actually not true. My dad had polio as a young kid, and later joined the navy. He was normally discharged after his tour, without any kind of disability. About 10 years ago he was able to go to the VA and start getting medical care from them (at age 60, and before he was on medicare).

I am [emoji817]% SC through the VA. I also am SC for my incontinence and have been getting my diapers through them for years.

At 100% they don't charge you for any medical treatment, doesn't matter if its SC or not. If you were a POW, also no charge no matter your %. If your income is below a certain amount(annual means test, bring them a W-2 or pay stub)... again, no charge. If you have good income, you do get screwed by your insurance (but you have good income, so just buy what you need/ want).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back