Sims Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAlienBabe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I like to play Sims 3 and 4 for PC. I also like some of the Sims games for Nintendo Ds. Talk about what you like to do in the game and tell your stories.

I miss Sims 2 and can't find a way to download it. I use Origin for Sims. I heard that Mac users could get it from the Mac store, but I'm a PC user. Let me know if you can help me get Sims 2.

I used to make an alien breeding program in Sims 2 and a Brothel with the Open for Business Expansion. Open for Business was my favorite expansion because you could get fancy entertainment items in your home and charge the neighbors to come over and play games, watch tv, and work out.

There was one anniversary for the sims where the Sims 2 along with along it's DLC was given away entirely free. Besides that, if it's not in the store, I have no idea how one would get it.

I am a pretty big fan of Sims games. I tend to like to do the Legacy Challenge when playing them. It makes things more interesting as it gives you quite a lot of goals to accomplish.
The other part I really like is just building awesome homes. =^.^=

Tell me more about what the Legacy Challenge is please. As far as I know I heard it was where your Sims reproduced and made generation after generation. The part I don't like about it is that someone said part of the challenge is to not use any cheats. It's hard for me to enjoy the game without at least cheats to keep their moods elated.

AcePrincess said:
Tell me more about what the Legacy Challenge is please. As far as I know I heard it was where your Sims reproduced and made generation after generation. The part I don't like about it is that someone said part of the challenge is to not use any cheats. It's hard for me to enjoy the game without at least cheats to keep their moods elated.

Ya, cheats are typically not supposed to as it sort of defeats the purpose of the challenge I suppose. However, in my opinion, it's a single player game and you should just play the way you want to play. So if you want to try the legacy challenge and use cheats, I say go for it. XD

You can find all the rules for each version here
http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/

One of the achievements in the game for Sims 3 was to have a Sim that had 13 children. I had Morganna (forgot last name) that vampire from Bridgeport have 13 children, but they weren't all by the same man. I never unlocked the achievement in the game for some reason.

AcePrincess said:
One of the achievements in the game for Sims 3 was to have a Sim that had 13 children. I had Morganna (forgot last name) that vampire from Bridgeport have 13 children, but they weren't all by the same man. I never unlocked the achievement in the game for some reason.

I never actually looked into the achievements for the games. XD

I don't have the Sims yet, but it's definitely on my list of games to get. I've played Virtual Families and Virtual Villagers though. The first is kind of like a G-rated Sims, and the latter is a survival game. Both were quite fun.

I've never played either of those.

I recommend trying them if you're a big fan of simulation games.

Sprinkles said:
I recommend trying them if you're a big fan of simulation games.

I looked them up and I don't know if I'm interested in them. The game play looks too simple.

Before Sims I played this game called Babyz by Ubisoft and some like it with animals called Dogz and Catz. You just take care of babies and virtual pets and dress them. Game play is simple and I'm not sure if I'd be interested in them as an adult. You can also get similar games for Nintendo ds.

I played any of those Ubisoft games, so I'm not sure if this series falls under the same simplicity. You could always do the free trial if you're really curious. (I'm addicted to these games though, so I may be biased. XD)

Yup ;) Love the Sims, I've played 1 and 2 extensively, to a lesser extent 3 because when it first came out I didn't have a system that could run it well so I just stuck with 1 and 2 for a while. Never played 4 either, not sure if it's really my cup of tea and looking at all the differences I think it might just annoy me but, I've always loved the Sims and it's one of the very few games I can always come back to and never run out of things to do ^_^

Milko said:
Yup ;) Love the Sims, I've played 1 and 2 extensively, to a lesser extent 3 because when it first came out I didn't have a system that could run it well so I just stuck with 1 and 2 for a while. Never played 4 either, not sure if it's really my cup of tea and looking at all the differences I think it might just annoy me but, I've always loved the Sims and it's one of the very few games I can always come back to and never run out of things to do ^_^

Sims 4 is alright, it's just missing all the content the past sims currently have due to how long they been out.

MarchinBunny said:
Sims 4 is alright, it's just missing all the content the past sims currently have due to how long they been out.

It's mainly the lack of the real open world and create-a-style that made Sims 3 so awesome and incredible when it came out, they said it was because of performance concerns but Sims games have never been good at running on lower end hardware anyway so I don't know why they didn't just go for it.

Milko said:
It's mainly the lack of the real open world and create-a-style that made Sims 3 so awesome and incredible when it came out, they said it was because of performance concerns but Sims games have never been good at running on lower end hardware anyway so I don't know why they didn't just go for it.

Ahh, sims 3 is notorious for its performance problems, though. Even on high-end machines at times, it could run like garbage, so I can understand why. Loading was also a pretty big problem too.
I did like those features as well, but it does make sense why it was removed.

I will say Sims 4 certainly has the best house building out of all of them. You can make some pretty amazing buildings.

MarchinBunny said:
Ahh, sims 3 is notorious for its performance problems, though. Even on high-end machines at times, it could run like garbage, so I can understand why. Loading was also a pretty big problem too.
I did like those features as well, but it does make sense why it was removed.

I will say Sims 4 certainly has the best house building out of all of them. You can make some pretty amazing buildings.

I've found it with all Sims games, when Sims 2 came out I didn't know anyone who had a computer that could run it decently ;) and EA seriously understates the requirements. According to them, Sims 3 should run on a 2.0GHz Pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM, I tried that once and the performance was horrifying ;)

You're right about the house building in Sims 4, it's fantastic :)

Milko said:
I've found it with all Sims games, when Sims 2 came out I didn't know anyone who had a computer that could run it decently ;) and EA seriously understates the requirements. According to them, Sims 3 should run on a 2.0GHz Pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM, I tried that once and the performance was horrifying ;)

Ya, I am mainly talking about now. Like sims 3 runs the worst out of all the sims on my current computer. I play sims 2 the most. I do wish it had the sims 4 house building mechanics though XD.

Milko said:

As long as it runs right, is that how we are supposed to do system requirements ;)

EA be like, pick a random computer off the shell from 1999-2017, *puts in sims disc* does it run, yep minimum requirements will be Pentium 3, err the game crashed and you can barely play it, STAPH it's good enough...

SEGA be like, sonic 06' does it play, yep good enough ship it today.

I bought a computer specifically to run Sims 3 it had so many requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back