Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " A dog's Purpose"

Default " A dog's Purpose"

I just got back from seeing "A Dog's Purpose?"

Any thing I say is a spoiler, but I loved it.

Do take tissues with you. You will need them!!!!!!

Egor

I'm not a huge dog lover but it looked ok, but I think I'm going to stick to the book. In a few months. I have a lot of books to read. And the bad reviews scared me off. Maybe I'll torrent it later. Idk. Glad you enjoyed.

I really want to see that. I'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD..so a long time.

Oh man... I avoid tear-jerkers... I'm WAY too susceptible to them. I saw a somewhat off-beat kid's movie awhile back called "Fluke" about a family man who dies in a car accident and is reincarnated as a dog. And then slowly, in flashes, remembers who he was and manages to reconnect with his family. It's a KID'S movie and I was bawling. >.>;;

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post

Do take tissues with you. You will need them!!!!!!

Egor
    That right there is all I needed to know I shouldn't watch this.

MarchinBunny

Doesn't really seem like my kind of movie.

I'm afraid the dog in me wouldn't be able to watch dogs dying, even in a movie. Both my wife and I were totally wrecked each time we lost one of our dogs for real.

mikejames

I wanted to see it until I found out about how they abused dogs on set to get certain shots (put a dog in a wavy, fast moving tub of water rough water....dog was clearly terrorized by it but they kept it up). I won't support that crap so I'll never see it.

https://youtu.be/csLiYr5OGbg

there have been a lot of reports of mistreatment of animals on the set of this movie, I watched one piece of footage where a trainer was trying to coax a scared dog into a churning pool of water, meant to mimic a raging river, the dog wanted no part in it, in the video, after you see the dog literally tossed into the water, the dog struggles and goes under, the scene comes to a halt while rescuers try to haul the dog back out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    there have been a lot of reports of mistreatment of animals on the set of this movie, I watched one piece of footage where a trainer was trying to coax a scared dog into a churning pool of water, meant to mimic a raging river, the dog wanted no part in it, in the video, after you see the dog literally tossed into the water, the dog struggles and goes under, the scene comes to a halt while rescuers try to haul the dog back out of the water.
    Oh wow. That's good to know, and enough reason for me to boycott such a film. Animal cruelty is one of the things that ticks me off really quickly. o.o;;