" A dog's Purpose"

Status
Not open for further replies.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just got back from seeing "A Dog's Purpose?"

Any thing I say is a spoiler, but I loved it.

Do take tissues with you. You will need them!!!!!!

Egor

I'm not a huge dog lover but it looked ok, but I think I'm going to stick to the book. In a few months. I have a lot of books to read. And the bad reviews scared me off. Maybe I'll torrent it later. Idk. Glad you enjoyed.

I really want to see that. I'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD..so a long time.

Oh man... I avoid tear-jerkers... I'm WAY too susceptible to them. I saw a somewhat off-beat kid's movie awhile back called "Fluke" about a family man who dies in a car accident and is reincarnated as a dog. And then slowly, in flashes, remembers who he was and manages to reconnect with his family. It's a KID'S movie and I was bawling. >.>;;

egor said:
Do take tissues with you. You will need them!!!!!!

Egor

That right there is all I needed to know I shouldn't watch this.

Doesn't really seem like my kind of movie.

I'm afraid the dog in me wouldn't be able to watch dogs dying, even in a movie. Both my wife and I were totally wrecked each time we lost one of our dogs for real.

I wanted to see it until I found out about how they abused dogs on set to get certain shots (put a dog in a wavy, fast moving tub of water rough water....dog was clearly terrorized by it but they kept it up). I won't support that crap so I'll never see it.

https://youtu.be/csLiYr5OGbg

there have been a lot of reports of mistreatment of animals on the set of this movie, I watched one piece of footage where a trainer was trying to coax a scared dog into a churning pool of water, meant to mimic a raging river, the dog wanted no part in it, in the video, after you see the dog literally tossed into the water, the dog struggles and goes under, the scene comes to a halt while rescuers try to haul the dog back out of the water.

MommyandMattling said:
there have been a lot of reports of mistreatment of animals on the set of this movie, I watched one piece of footage where a trainer was trying to coax a scared dog into a churning pool of water, meant to mimic a raging river, the dog wanted no part in it, in the video, after you see the dog literally tossed into the water, the dog struggles and goes under, the scene comes to a halt while rescuers try to haul the dog back out of the water.

Oh wow. That's good to know, and enough reason for me to boycott such a film. Animal cruelty is one of the things that ticks me off really quickly. o.o;;

MommyandMattling said:

That report and video is misleading. The dog had practiced in that turbulent water beforehand just fine. However, they switched from the left side of the pool to the right, and that's why the dog didn't want to go in. Later on, with the same water, they had to hold him back from wanting to go in too soon.

The director even commented that shot was done when he wasn't there. The person responsible was let go, and at no other point was any dog in any distress. Plus, if they were worried for the dog, then why wait to release that video till the movie is released, and not when it happened. I'm a big dog lover myself and would never condone that kind of treatment in the video. But it had been sensationalized beyond what really happened.

Maxx said:
I hate dogs, don't care for sob stories. That said, the trailer reminded me of the first time I dogsat Juno (Junior's dog), and let her take me for a long walk. It's cold, February or March, maybe 35 or 40°F. She got a random thought that it was time for a swim and leapt off a footbridge into a pond. Without opposable thumbs, there was no way for her to climb out, and I couldn't drag her out by the leash, so I had to go in too and push her back up. She understands now that walks are for walking. No swimming unless I say its OK. I think the 2 mile soggy, cold walk home reinforced the lesson pretty well.

Edit: In her defense, she part retriever, and there was a goose she wanted very badly.

I think part of your dog hatred is that you end up not being diapered as a result of having the dog follow you around :detective3

Oh you're right get. I can agree. They didn't like me when I used to ride a lot. Being a mailman must suck. I do enjoy my cats very much though. Mainly because they're as anti social as me.

Hotdog55 said:
Oh you're right get. I can agree. They didn't like me when I used to ride a lot. Being a mailman must suck. I do enjoy my cats very much though. Mainly because they're as anti social as me.

Also because cats are just so much better than dogs lol. XD
Probably shouldn't have said that cause now all the dog people are going to hate me lol.

MarchinBunny said:
Also because cats are just so much better than dogs lol. XD
Probably shouldn't have said that cause now all the dog people are going to hate me lol.

I think a poll is in order. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back