Thread: Dignity PM Overnight w/ Curly Fiber

Default Dignity PM Overnight w/ Curly Fiber

Hey guys!

I'm restocking my stash again, and have noticed one variety of very inexpensive padding (roughly 0.50/diaper at the bag level), the Dignity PM Overnights. On NorthShore and DiaperBuys, its absorbency is listed as 4/5 (the same level as Abena, Dry 24/7, and Wellness Superio) and 'Night Time' (the same level as Tena Super) respectively. Originally I was going to opt for Tena Supers or Tranquility ATNs, but I figured for that price, I'd give something new a try.

Now, at that price, clearly I'm not truly expecting Dry 24/7-level absorbency. I know DiaperBuys has some issues with its ranking system (it claimed Presto Plus was 'Maximum'-level ) and the NorthShore system seems to be biased as well (they reserve 5/5 status solely for their own Supremes), but can anyone testify to the real capacity of these Dignity PMs? I had only planned on using them for day-wearing or the base-layer of a double diaper; do you think they can handle much more than that? Did I just waste my money?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure how old you are or what kind of experience you have. Depend used to have an overnight diaper and it basically had the additional capacity of 2 diapers split between the rest of the pack. There was really not much difference between the two. Still pretty bleh.

I personally haven't tried that specific brand, but at that price point, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't really expect it to be better than store brand.

If you want to save money for something better, you'd be better off buying wholesale from manufacturers.

I've been trying out as many different brands as possible since 2013; having already tried basically all the 'gourmet' or high-end diapers, I'm looking for something cheap to make my stash stretch out for a bit longer. I'd planned on getting a case of either Tena Super or Tranquility ATN, but since these Dignity PMs seem to come at a slightly better price point, I'm trying a bag out before I jump into a big purchase.

I would recommend the Tranquility ATN for daytime use.

I have tried the Dignity PM and they are a large cloth-backed diaper, with ok capacity but the wicking speed sucked and they leaked on me. I don't think they have leak guards.

The ATNs are plastic with leg guards and moderate SAP

They finally came!

They're very stiff, as far as cloth-backed goes, and feel pretty thin when dry. Reminds me a bit of Pampers Swaddlers. They do have leak guards, and were able to handle 2-3 decently sized wettings with no issues. I'll probably end up using them with stuffers for work, since they're very quiet and don't have a prominent bulge.