AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
So I can't be the only one that does this right?

I have some old plastic backed luvs. Some swim diapers from the 90s, some old goodnites, some older huggies, some old cool alert pull ups and so on and so forth.

Does it bother anyone else that the price for vintage diapers is ridiculous? Like. . . Look at this for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Adult-Baby-Huggies-Pink-Girl-Diapers-Large-ABDL-/172498192450

4 Diapers. I mean, I know I don't have a job at the moment and my income is non-existent but. . . even if I did have a job there's no way in hell I'd be able to afford something like this. (And I really want that too lol) I know some people are going to look at it right now and say "$50 isn't that much" (Current bid anyway) But for 4 diapers? That's a bit ridiculous. Idk what the point of this post really is other than to ask if people are like me and try to collect these older diapers. (And a bit of a rant about how there's that select like two or three people on ebay who bid it up to insanely high amounts so that no one else can afford them.)

On that note. . . has anyone else noticed that its always the same like 3 or 4 people who bid these things up to the ridiculously high amounts of money so that no one else can get them?

It also irks me when you then see diapers like these in the trash or cut up or w/e. . . I'm also a little salty because I really wanted those diapers that I linked and some asshole bid it up to $50. . .

Anyone know easier ways (Cheaper) to get vintage diapers?

Definitely a sellers market!

They are absolutely gorgeous though, extraordinary tempted to bid on them myself.... They are the perfect nappy IMO and I would do anything to have some in my size.

Oh yeah do agree the prices are crazy high.

Getting more unlikely but travel to smaller towns and look in the charity shops and old general stores to see if you can find old packs at a shelf price.

If you do happen to find excess of those Huggies for Her I would love some!

Last edited:
I have a large stash of vintage cloth diapers from the 70's and 80's. Mostly Curity prefolds. They're what I wore as a baby. The glorious thing about vintage cloth diapers is that they're often cheaper than the disposable kind, and yay! I can use (and use, and use, and use) them. And I do!

But I totally get wanting those old Pampers, Luvs, and Huggies diapers. Back in the late-ish 90's, when eBay had just become I thing, I was surfing along and found a bag of Ultra Pampers for Her. At that point they were "only" about ten years old, and when the auction ended and my $50 bid was the winner, I thought, "Phew! That was expensive! (But worth it!)" I can't buy diapers and not wear them, though, so while I reserved them for special occasions, those old Pampers did eventually get used.

In the 20-ish years since, I've bought perhaps half a dozen bags of vintage Pampers and Huggies diapers on eBay, for steadily larger sums of money. I swore them off about two years ago, though, after receiving several bags of diapers that just weren't good anymore. The bags were sealed and looked fine on the outside, but the diapers had a stale scent, wouldn't fluff up, and their elastics were all tired out. Rather than taking me back to the past, they just made me feel old--like them! I realized, finally, that buying these old disposable diapers with the intent to use them just wasn't a good idea, and for me that meant swearing them off entirely. As somebody for whom diapers--particularly baby and babyish ones--are a major turn-on, keeping unopened bags of Pampers on a shelf just isn't possible.

Cottontail said:
I have a large stash of vintage cloth diapers from the 70's and 80's. Mostly Curity prefolds. They're what I wore as a baby. The glorious thing about vintage cloth diapers is that they're often cheaper than the disposable kind, and yay! I can use (and use, and use, and use) them. And I do!

But I totally get wanting those old Pampers, Luvs, and Huggies diapers. Back in the late-ish 90's, when eBay had just become I thing, I was surfing along and found a bag of Ultra Pampers for Her. At that point they were "only" about ten years old, and when the auction ended and my $50 bid was the winner, I thought, "Phew! That was expensive! (But worth it!)" I can't buy diapers and not wear them, though, so while I reserved them for special occasions, those old Pampers did eventually get used.

In the 20-ish years since, I've bought perhaps half a dozen bags of vintage Pampers and Huggies diapers on eBay, for steadily larger sums of money. I swore them off about two years ago, though, after receiving several bags of diapers that just weren't good anymore. The bags were sealed and looked fine on the outside, but the diapers had a stale scent, wouldn't fluff up, and their elastics were all tired out. Rather than taking me back to the past, they just made me feel old--like them! I realized, finally, that buying these old disposable diapers with the intent to use them just wasn't a good idea, and for me that meant swearing them off entirely. As somebody for whom diapers--particularly baby and babyish ones--are a major turn-on, keeping unopened bags of Pampers on a shelf just isn't possible.

I can sympathize with that. I'm one of those people who collects rather than uses. In the hopes of one day the star trek replicator can be a thing and I can be like "COMPUTER TAKE THIS THING, COPY ITS MOLECULES AND MAKE MILLIONS OF THEM AS IF THEY WERE NEW" sort of deal lol. Eventually I do end up using the diapers I get but I like to keep two or three around for the sake of just saying I have that part of diaper history and try to preserve it.

As much as I enjoy collecting vintage diapers from the 90s, I usually faint at the exorbitant prices. I do understand the nostalgia associated with plastic diapers, but I am personally not willing to pay $25 per diaper, not even if it's one I am missing from my collection. But then again, to each their own.

I personally do not see diapers becoming highly sought after any time soon, unlike other nostalgic items such as action figures, video games, or collectible cards. Diapers were never made to be collected; they were always made be soiled and then tossed away for good. This mentality is the reason why many people don't think twice about tossing/donating their old diapers after all of the kids have outgrown them.

Speaking of donating, all of the old plastic Huggies and Pampers diapers from my collection were all purchased from thrift stores. Again, if you look at the prices of vintage diapers at thrift stores, they are dirt cheap compared to a fresh pack of new diapers at the grocery store. But then again, I am always happy to buy six vintage plastic Pampers for only $1. I also like to share my collection with other people via the internet.

One thing in particular that I really like about vintage plastic diapers from the 90s that's hard to find on adult diapers is the front elastic waistband. Dry 24/7 is basically the only non-ABDL diaper to have that feature and even ABU's SDK diaper, which is supposed to be based 90s Pampers, only has the rear elastic waist band. I know it doesn't add much functionality to the diaper, but there's just something magical about having a front elastic waist band in the way it feels and brings back memories for me. I really love the feel of the plastic on the 24/7s too which is very reminiscent of the plastic used on 90s baby diapers. I wish some company would come up with a more faithful reproduction of diapers from that era. The price of vintage diapers is simply a function of demand, scarcity, and how much people are willing to pay, which for some people is a lot apparently.

I do enjoy searching for vintage diapers on eBay sometimes. I do not search for baby diapers though, I look for the very old style Attends Special Care that was the best adult diaper I ever had the privilege of using. Thet fitted so perfectly and had themost amazing feel and thickness. I really miss those diapers and the companies modern version really leaves a lot to be desired. I have once found a half used pack and it was a little expensive but not as ridiculous as vintage baby diapers.

Speaking of ebay, one other thing I noticed is that girls' diapers are worth twice as much as boys' diapers. Are pink diapers seen as more babyish than blue diapers and are thus more desired, or is there something else to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back