Why the Love for Pampers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MotherFaith said:
I do not have much more to add to this thread except that the Pampers packets always looked better than Huggies. I found the Pampers packaging really sang to the past and the iconic logo is so recognisable to everyone.

Yes, ma'am, though, have you noticed Pampers tend to put the biggest character print on the butt? Why on earth? If I could fit, I'd be upset over not being able to see it! I've heard people say my buzzword about Pampers, soft. Kimberly Clark and card board have come up in ittybitty tiny, lucky AB/DL conversation several times, too.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Yes, ma'am, though, have you noticed Pampers tend to put the biggest character print on the butt? Why on earth?

There's a bigger space on the canvas there of course ;)

I don't really have an affinity for any particular baby diaper brand, in all honesty. That might be the curmudgeon in me coming out and the fact that I didn't get into ABDL/Little stuff until later in life. My childhood memories are mostly in Goodnites. Pampers is my preferred wipes brand though, but that's due to trial-and-error ending up with Pampers Sensitive nailing what I want in a wipe.

Feels like people always loved them
I like them when i was younger because they where a bit larger and they fit me for a long time and they could hold a crazy amount :p

KimbaStarshine said:
For me personally, I have a stronger attraction to Huggies which I think I can trace back to my childhood. My first love in the world of diapers was Pull-Ups (even though I didn't get my hands on them until years later, but that's another story). Anyway, since Huggies made Pull-Ups, I guess somewhere along the line that just put them in my mind as the ''superior and true'' baby-diaper brand over Pampers.

I'm with you on that. I love huggies more because i used to fit in pull ups xl when I was around 16 to 19 yo. Plus, I was always biased with the disney cartoon on huggies diapers and pullups (winnie the pooh, disney princesses,...).

I'm so sad that huggies decided to pull all his diapers from most of Europe. Now, they only sell pull-ups and swim diapers :'(

Pampers Plastic nappies were.. pfff.. out of this world. They really were so cheeky! Even before I was sexually active, they would feel so ... well! You know!

I grew up in the 90's and know for a fact I primarily wore Huggies (and barney Luvs at night, after being daytime trained)..so I've always tended to lean away from Pampers as well.

In fact, I have a couple very clear memories--one of which was VERY recent--of my mom saying that back then, she had always thought that Huggies tended to be better for boys, while she chose to use Pampers exclusively for my sister and other girl family members.

Not sure if there's any truth to her thinking that, but nonetheless I grew up wearing Huggies pretty much exclusively!

I've always liked Pampers more. Evidently I primarily wore them when I was a baby, along with Luvs. I can remember my mom telling me that they tried Huggies, but those always leaked. Add in the scents involved and it's hard not to prefer them in my opinion :)

BluefireJay05 said:
does anyone think that maybe just maybe the smell of pampers has something to do with it pampers always has that nice scent to them before they become "used" of course.

when i was just a kid that wet the bed my parents would diaper me rather than buying expensive pull ups, i remember liking it when they would get pampers for this reason exactly.

Might have to do with making their diapers in larger sizes that smaller AB/TBDLs can fit into. AFAIK, Huggies and Luvs diapers don't have anything to compare to Pampers Cruisers Size 6 or 7, besides maybe Pull-Ups and Goodnites.

I personally like Pampers more than Huggies because of the design and scent of them. In fact, im wearing a wet and messy pampers diaper right now!

i have tried quite a few nappies and they don't compare to pampers. I ware pampers 6+ that fit me really well and it is more the absorbency and swell that they have. they are also rather discreet, look really cute. the new pampers baby dry with the absorbency channels are nowhere near as good as the ones without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back