I Like diapers rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckyfish

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello friends from a hot Cape Town, South Africa.
I read an article on cracked.com about adult who love wearing diapers.
It was a wonderfully in depth article into the minds of adult babies.
What i found most strange is how all of the people being interviewed stays clear of this fetish being sexual.

Some saying, its only a little.
Too each their own, but for many it is sexual and their is nothing wrong with that!

It seems that ABDL is only ok to the potential mainstream if it isn't sexual.
For MANY it is, and that's ok.
Hell there is far worse things out there, and im asking all of you, is it ok to be honest to people researching the topic about it being sexual, or would you lie?

I mean no disrespect to those that find it soothing, relaxing etc, but i would like to know if a major news site mentioned us, would it be better to be totally honest or lie?

Honesty is the best policy, I think. Otherwise (if it later turns out that you lied), people won't believe anything else you said or say. It would also look like you felt like you needed to hide it and that there was something mysterious and sordid that is inherently shameful.

I don't see any benefit in lying about it. Our polling and polling I've seen elsewhere indicates that most of us find it at least a little bit sexual. It would be ridiculous for me to assert that sex doesn't drive it for me, so I won't. I believe that once someone thinks about it enough to get past an initial "ugh" factor, having an explanation of sexual desire will render it no worse in appearance to the uninvolved than it would be without a sexual interest. I tend to think that anyone with a kink may find that easier to understand than just a thing someone likes to do.

I suspect the non-sexual ABDLs are overrepresented in media because people are inclined to keep their sexual lives more private and the desire to be more open is more frequently connected with our members who embrace it as an overall lifestyle.

Luckyfish said:
Hello friends from a hot Cape Town, South Africa.
I read an article on cracked.com about adult who love wearing diapers.
It was a wonderfully in depth article into the minds of adult babies.
What i found most strange is how all of the people being interviewed stays clear of this fetish being sexual.

Some saying, its only a little.
Too each their own, but for many it is sexual and their is nothing wrong with that!

It seems that ABDL is only ok to the potential mainstream if it isn't sexual.
For MANY it is, and that's ok.
Hell there is far worse things out there, and im asking all of you, is it ok to be honest to people researching the topic about it being sexual, or would you lie?

I mean no disrespect to those that find it soothing, relaxing etc, but i would like to know if a major news site mentioned us, would it be better to be totally honest or lie?

Exactly what I've been saying for years now! But being honest ISN'T a lie. In fact this has already happened with the gay movement. When general society started to understand that being gay was not about sex but more of who we are (though there is an obvious component to it), then gays started to become more accepted.

While not the same, being an ABDL is very similar in this regard. Loving to wear a diaper is in itself not a fetish. Yes there often is a component of sexuality to our loving diapers, but this alone does not make it purely sexual and therefore not a fetish. Only when we can get society (and ourselves) to realize this, will we then begin to gain a similar type of acceptance.

Of course, like you said, there certainly are some here for whom diapers really are a purely sexual fetish. However, I do not believe this is the majority of people here, simply based on what everyone is posting. And while I do also agree there is nothing wrong with enhancing one's own sexuality with diapers, I do not believe general society will accept that in today's mentality.

It's like they say, baby steps. And that's why I strongly believe we have to focus on understanding that being an abdl is not a fetish. This is not a lie either, but the actual truth. Once we ourselves start to understand that, then we can start being honest with the rest of society.

I have read all your posts and agree with you all.

Thanks for the insight guys.

I cannot exactly talk about this to anybody lol!

Alot of article searching was done and in nearly all of them there is a 'Its not sexual' part mentioned when they undertake such an interview.

One guy i followed through a diaper site, despite saying the above, would however like sex as he is dressed in the baby regalia.
This is a total contradiction, which draws me to such a conclusion.

I suppose we don't want to totally freak out the general public, but i still feel our mass representation is not completely truthful just to make the bitter pill sweeter to swallow..

Luckyfish said:
I have read all your posts and agree with you all.

Thanks for the insight guys.

I cannot exactly talk about this to anybody lol!

Alot of article searching was done and in nearly all of them there is a 'Its not sexual' part mentioned when they undertake such an interview.

One guy i followed through a diaper site, despite saying the above, would however like sex as he is dressed in the baby regalia.
This is a total contradiction, which draws me to such a conclusion.

I suppose we don't want to totally freak out the general public, but i still feel our mass representation is not completely truthful just to make the bitter pill sweeter to swallow..

And those are the people who don't understand what they are saying. This doesn't mean they are lying though, just misinformed. Let me put it this way, does constantly having sex with your significant other make your relationship with them a fetish? Obviously no, and neither does loving diapers (and yes you can full love inanimate objects). The key part to understand here is if it is BASED on sex or not.

And don't get me wrong, I love masturbating in my diaper too. However, I don't do it every second I have a diaper on, nor do I need one on in order to masturbate in the first place. The underlying reason I wear a diaper is because I'm inexplicably drawn to them (well that and I'm incontinent now too). Now when I put one on it very well does excite me, but again this is not the underlying basis for why I do it. And that means it is not a fetish, just like the majority here regardless if they realize it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back