Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I go back

Default How do I go back

So over the last 16 months I made sure to always wear and wet in my nappies and I've got to the point wear I wet in my sleep, how do I go back to not wetting in my sleep I also don't want to wee my nappy little by little every 20 minutes anymore....

1. Don't wear diapers anymore.
    2. Retrain your bladder to hold longer period of time.
    3. Use the toilet for pee.
    4. Repeat 1-3

You will have to re-potty train. You could also look online for tips to potty train kids and follow them as well. You may also want to look into getting some adult training pants, and maybe a bedwetting alarm too since you will likely have some difficulty in making the transition.

Thank you guys it is just hard, because I never wake up wetting anymore only rarely I wake when I'm in middle of wetting and it's not like how I pictured it I still want to wear wet but by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemz View Post
    Thank you guys it is just hard, because I never wake up wetting anymore only rarely I wake when I'm in middle of wetting and it's not like how I pictured it I still want to wear wet but by choice
    This is why if you go down the bedwetting route it should be classed as permanent

So over the last 16 months I made sure to always wear and wet in my nappies and I've got to the point wear I wet in my sleep, how do I go back to not wetting in my sleep I also don't want to wee my nappy little by little every 20 minutes anymore....
    Like anything we do as humans the more we do something the more we learn how to repeat it and get better at doing it. Think of an athlete who runs and runs everyday to get fitter and fitter so they can win a race. Or a chess player who constantly practices different moves, in different scenarios to become better player. What appears to have happened here is you have taught your body to wet your diapers easily and it is learning that you do not really need the signal telling you to go to the toilet. We are creatures of habit, as you explain you have spent 16 months freely wetting and creating a cycle of wear, wet, repeat. Your body is hardwired to let go of the bladder when you wear a diaper.

The answer, as others have said, is to retrain your bladder to become stronger and let the brain know you should visit the toilet. Currently it is in a zone of just letting go because you have trained it to act like that. It may a good idea to get in a new cycle of retraining the bladder to be stronger and act like it used to. There are exercises you can do to improve bladder performance and I have included a link to this post to help get you started. Also consider the amount of fluids you intake daily. Most folk who want to wet diapers will tend to drink lots and lots to fill the bladder, but during your new training regime try to hold back a little to give the bladder time to strengthen.

Try wearing diapers less often as well for the foreseeable future. You do not want to undo any training and strength you have aquired. Or if you still want to wear, make sure you do not wet the diaper and take it off to go toilet. Once you start to find a healthy balance again and you have complete control, you may be able to start wetting again. But make sure you still continue the exercises as to not get back into this situation.

http://patient.info/health/pelvic-floor-exercises

I see you've listed yourself as incontinent. Did you have an incontinence problem in the past. Were you a bed wetter into your teens? I ask because sometimes it reoccurs later in life, though at age 23, it shouldn't. If it persists and refraining from using diapers, etc., doesn't work, you may have to see a doctor about it.

I believe this is a case of “having your cake and eating it to” never understood the idea of wanting to involuntarily bedwet people seem to want to be in control of not being in control.