Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Was just over at the DC Amor/Idyl website and saw that a new 2017 version is on the way, expected to hit late february early march if everything goes well.

These ones look much better than the 2016 run in my opinion. The blue is more babyish instead of the loud deep blue of the previous version. It's a more pastel/powder color that you would expect to see on a diaper. Definitely an improvement.

They also mention some new improvements including an interesting one:

- beautiful and vibrant refined prints

- a thicker core than any DC diaper so far

- a smoother, softer outer plastic than ever before

- more SAP (higher capacity) than any DC diaper so far

- custom colored leak guards, a new DC signature feature

I'm wondering if it might be a wetness indicator or something, here's to speculation :)

I honestly wasn't to interested in the previous Idyls they were just to loud and blue but these ones look like I'll definitely be giving them a try when they come out. I just hope they don't make the mistake of not compressing the SAP enough like they did with the new Amors. Maybe we'll see some like revisions to the Amors.

I'm really hoping Jeremy can drum up enough business to start pricing competitively or offer a quality product at the current price point. Currently the Amor/Idyl line are some of the most expensive diapers outside of maybe shipping some Fabines over to the US. I like the style of the Amors and Idyls I just haven't been impressed with the quality compared to the cheaper and more readily available brands like bambino and abu. Here's hoping.

Jeremy if you read this you should think about making a new diaper that's purple for girls and maybe another color for boys then figure out a way to sell them in variety packs with assorted colors. We haven't really seen that out of the abdl manufacturers yet other than abu with their pre-school selling multiple prints.

Honestly I kinda liked the color of the previous Idyls, although I guess I like bright colors in general.

KimbaStarshine said:
Honestly I kinda liked the color of the previous Idyls, although I guess I like bright colors in general.
yeah, it was different, that's for sure. I'll have to remember to keep one of my idylsaround for a side to side color comparison in a few months.

Sounds like a lot of needed improvements. The color leak guards... that's an interesting idea. Their previous prints on the tape panel were almost irrelevant when placed over that electric blue background, you could hardly see them. Even if they didn't change them, simply dialing down the blue on the shell would help them a lot.

Oooooh! I could be into a nice baby-ish blue diaper.

I don't think the ABU space are cute enough...

Maybe they're do a sample pack of one each (blue and pink) and I'll finally try them!

I like the design their pink one but the color is too blindingly bright for me.
Softer colors would be very welcome in my opinion.

Anyone have any pictures or speculation of the new designs?

Ooooh so the same designs but softer colors. I'm a fan.
Might buy a bag of the pink ones when they come out.

They certainly look a bit different, good luck to them hope they get the orders needed. Any new product on the market is good for the community. They certainly have an air of 80's with a modern twist.

They look good, much prefer the pastel blue to the blue they had.

The white on blue in the center is really captivating to me. The pink ones would look better with that feature as well.

Yes, the blue are delightful and hopefully a similar improvement with the pink will come before next year.

Venesha said:
Jeremy if you read this you should think about making a new diaper that's purple for girls and maybe another color for boys then figure out a way to sell them in variety packs with assorted colors. We haven't really seen that out of the abdl manufacturers yet other than abu with their pre-school selling multiple prints.

Hi there. Thank you for posting a thread! A new diaper design is actually in development at this time! It should be coming around summertime. I haven't considered multiple prints but that's something I'll look into!

That being said, I must correct the record when it comes to competitive pricing. Believe it or not when you run the numbers, DC diapers run at the same pricing points as ABU premiums and other premium diapers (around $2/diaper when you buy a case). There is even an option to get the best possible price ($1.74/diaper) if you commit to a 144-diaper case. This is not a price point reached even by competitors on premiums. Shipping is free on the site, so if you compare it side-by-side with others you will find it is very competitive.

Anyway, thank you all for the nice comments! Very happy to see such positive vibes for the new design! You are all going to love it!

- - - Updated - - -

KimbaStarshine said:
The Amor (the pink ones) don't seem to be getting an update this year. They have updated 2016 ones. https://diaperconn.com/product.php?id_product=61

Actually, the Amor are scheduled for an update toward the far end of the year. As things stand now, the mysterious 3rd design will be making its debut first!

I have been hoping for a lighter pastel blue for a long time. The darker colors just didn't look proper. I will be trying some of the new Idyls soon.

jeremyi said:
Hi there. Thank you for posting a thread! A new diaper design is actually in development at this time! It should be coming around summertime. I haven't considered multiple prints but that's something I'll look into!

That being said, I must correct the record when it comes to competitive pricing. Believe it or not when you run the numbers, DC diapers run at the same pricing points as ABU premiums and other premium diapers (around $2/diaper when you buy a case). There is even an option to get the best possible price ($1.74/diaper) if you commit to a 144-diaper case. This is not a price point reached even by competitors on premiums. Shipping is free on the site, so if you compare it side-by-side with others you will find it is very competitive.

Anyway, thank you all for the nice comments! Very happy to see such positive vibes for the new design! You are all going to love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the Amor are scheduled for an update toward the far end of the year. As things stand now, the mysterious 3rd design will be making its debut first!

Awesome to see you're still lurking about :) I hope the update does well. I'd like to see some improvements to the outer plastic shell as the amors I do have seem to be a stiffer thicker plastic. The design of the amors and idyls are far superior to any of the other abdl diapers out there in my opinion I'd just like it if they were a softer plastic shell. Other than that I'm glad to see a new product is on the way and that you're turning a profit :D

Venesha said:
Awesome to see you're still lurking about :) I hope the update does well. I'd like to see some improvements to the outer plastic shell as the amors I do have seem to be a stiffer thicker plastic. The design of the amors and idyls are far superior to any of the other abdl diapers out there in my opinion I'd just like it if they were a softer plastic shell. Other than that I'm glad to see a new product is on the way and that you're turning a profit :D

Always lurking lol .. the new Idyls actually do have a new plastic shell, which is the softest yet. It also gives off a nice glossy, almost matte finish to the print. Which gen did you try the stiffer plastic on? Because it sounds like the 2015 (there's a different one for every year). The 2016 has softer plastic.

Btw for those who would like to have both Amor and Idyl there is the "Hand in Hand" option on the site, that allows for 50/50 split! You can get anything from a 2-diaper sample to 144 diapers of half Amor, half Idyl :)

jeremyi said:
Always lurking lol .. the new Idyls actually do have a new plastic shell, which is the softest yet. It also gives off a nice glossy, almost matte finish to the print. Which gen did you try the stiffer plastic on? Because it sounds like the 2015 (there's a different one for every year). The 2016 has softer plastic.

Btw for those who would like to have both Amor and Idyl there is the "Hand in Hand" option on the site, that allows for 50/50 split! You can get anything from a 2-diaper sample to 144 diapers of half Amor, half Idyl :)

I have some of both runs and they both seemed like stiffer and thicker plastic to me. I like the plastic that almost feels satiny to the touch. The bambinos have started to seem like a thicker and stiffer plastic as well. The magnificos and rearz brands are better and the abu preschool plastics. I'm just picky I guess lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back