Cruising

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadawgs8000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Has anyone brought diapers on a cruise? Any suggestions on how to pack flying to and from Miami with non diaper lovers!

I've done this a couple times - and personally I found the biggest challenge to be packing a big enough supply in a suitcase for the flight - expensive!! You might check with the cruise about drop-shipping a case or something at the terminal so it'll be here when you arrive. Idk. Depend on how long your cruise is.

In terms of actually wearing on the ship, I think normal recommendations re: staying in hotels diapered are the main things to keep in mind. Cruises have a lot of Servant people to clean rooms and the like - they are in and out of your quarters much more than in normal hotels in my experience. Without most doubt, the steward will see your diapers. Half the time, I threw mine away in more public bathrooms or just in the cleaning cart in the hall instead of in the trash in my room - just to save the hassle or embarrassment. Leave a good tip at the end and just have fun. Cruises are great places to experiment with diapers in a context where getting "caught" has few consequences if any (at least for those of us who try to avoid our secret becoming public).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help!

Drop shipping to the pier or ship is usually pretty easy , they will deliver the package to your stateroom usually prior to boarding so they are waiting for you when you get there.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Not expensive, free! Pack all of your diapers in a separate bag, then claim that bag for medical supplies. Airlines will allow one free checked bag for medical. Just make sure that's all it has in it or the bag wont qualify. (Ie, no extra pair of shoes, toiletries, etc). When you get to the airport checkin, just tell them it's a medical bag. They will ask you what's in it, and will likely take a look, but I've never had a problem with doing this.

Just make sure you have plenty of diaper in your carryon bag too.

Slomo said:
Not expensive, free! Pack all of your diapers in a separate bag, then claim that bag for medical supplies. Airlines will allow one free checked bag for medical. Just make sure that's all it has in it or the bag wont qualify. (Ie, no extra pair of shoes, toiletries, etc). When you get to the airport checkin, just tell them it's a medical bag. They will ask you what's in it, and will likely take a look, but I've never had a problem with doing this.

Just make sure you have plenty of diaper in your carryon bag too.

Wow what a great tip! I have a trip coming up next month and I called the airline today to ask about this. It's true. If the bag only has medical supplies/devices in it, it's free to check. Mercy. This is going to save me space/money in the future. My wife and i always have to check 2 bags because my diapers and CPAP take up too much room in my suitcase. this is going to be a game changer :)

Considering most cruises are heavily populated by Mr & Mrs. Geritol tablet with a Dulcolax chaser filling there own depends who would notice another diaper on board!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've done a lot of cruising. As stated above, pack medical supplies in a separate bag. I have a soft duffle that works well for bags of diapers. Only pack what you will need, some spares, and round up so that you are taking full, unsealed bags. Leave the diapers in their sealed bags to minimize their bulk and to show they have not been tampered with, in case TSA examines the bag. I put each bag of diapers in a kitchen trash bag to prevent moisture getting to them. (I've had suitcases drenched in rain while being placed on or taken off the plane.

When you unpack in your stateroom, just pull out one bag of diapers and leave the rest in their case under your bed. Take a roll of kitchen trash bags to dispose of used diapers in the waste bin in your room... much easier on your room stewards. Be sure to tip your room stewards extra for dealing with the excess trash.

If you're spending a night in a hotel pre or post cruise, pack a few diapers with your clothes to avoid needing to deal with the diaper case.

Most importantly, Bon Voyage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back