Teddy Con.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMitchy

Est. Contributor
http://www.teddycon.org/
The biggest convention in PA is coming again.

My main issue is two-fold.

I don't want to go without a parent present. (I am married.)
(Leave messages here for my wife and she will read them - you can state it can be private hotel room changes etc. time off from work. she will see all of this even this me ranting.)

I don't want to go and have nobody acknowledge me. yes, this comes off as vanity. But I have sacrificed much and I want to be special. In all fairness, EVERYONE wants to be special... who am I to judge?

But if I would go, I feel I deserve my moment to have my say. My time to shine so to say.

thoughts? arguments / comments?

Love,

Mitch
[video=youtube;r0408-32zCA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0408-32zCA&t=1s[/video]

Hi, Mitch. I think I understand. You're afraid to go without your wife, because you'd touch the very, very bottom of your age range, and want her, need her, be scared to be without her? I'm proud of you for having the good sense to want her there. Not having that good sense may very well end badly, so yay for Mitchy, smart kid.

I won't say, "smart cookie," lest somebody push the button. Oh, shoot!

Anyway, yeah, changes would be private, as well they should.

There's also the highly likely probability that it'll be awesome for you, and who else, besides someone you love that much, would you share that with?

My next question is this, when you're in headspace, can she see Mitchy, or can she only see Mitch?

If she's reluctant to go, would a trade work? What would be super duper über awesome for her? Go with her, or do what she'd like, rather it's your thing or not. You'll still enjoy it, because it ain't work, and it's time with her.

I feel bad for not knowing if it's Erica, or Erika, which is why I directed most of what I said towards Mitch. I can tell you this, ma'am. If it were me with a chance to go, it'd be one of the biggest experiences I've ever had in headspace, and I'd be old and Alzheimer'sy, and still remember it!

There's classes, talks, and a mommies panel you could learn from. The thing I can say is, when it comes to something this deep and emotional, words suck for AB/Littles sometimes. Maybe a mommy could help you understand some stuff Mitchy can't find words for?

One other thing is Kudos. I saw you, how hard you try for Mitchy, and he sees it and knows it too.

Last edited:
Mitchy, is the concern that your wife wouldn't have the least bit of interest? (like when you get dragged to a chick flick movie?)

Regarding the second concern, though. This is probably going to be a big "No duh!" statement, but I can't imagine anyone going to go to TeddyCon and not wanting to be acknowledged. But, I think you'll find that hard to accomplish :) Now I understand that isn't exactly what you said. So I'm wondering if it is more, "I'm afraid that I'll be too shy at the con", instead. I'm seriously not dismissing your concern, but I went to TeddyCon 2016. I feel I had your same concern. That because of my introversion, shyness, insecurities, shame, etc -- That I'd end up being more just spectator, leave the con not having made friends with anyone, and filled with regret.

But, boy was I wrong about my insecurities. You can read about my experience in the TeddyCon thread I made. I'd like you to additionally listen to episode 9 of "The Crinkle Cast" which specifically covers TeddyCon 2016.

TeddyCon was *incredibly* transformative for me. Even as someone who was just going on their own, alone, never having met any other littles before. Do I have regrets? Sure. But not about my decision to attend. I can't *wait* to attend CAPCon in Chicago and I've got bigger and better plans for TeddyCon 2017. Get a ticket and just *GO* already Mitchy :) /hug :hug: :hugattack:

The con is all about letting go of your insecurities, inhibitions, and anxiety over being AB, DL, Little, etc and just having FUN as who you are! :grouphug:

With all that said -- I'd love to make your acquaintance at TeddyCon 2017, Mitchy :smile1:. Know that you won't be going alone and I will acknowledge you. :therethere: But, this goes for anyone interested in the con. Rather, I'd like to know anyone else who might be going to TeddyCon 2017. That is, for those who might share your feelings of concern.

I'm going to start an ADISC TeddyCon 2017 group. So that either we can exchange PMs, get to know each other, perhaps we could make our own pre-con munch meetup! That'd be pretty exciting wouldn't it?

I'm going to do the same for CapCon 2017 as well. I myself would like to meet any fellow ADISC members that would announce they're going.

Maybe she's a bit shy now y'all are celebrities 😬 No more anonymity at places like Teddycon.

I can definitely empathise with you Mitchy... it's tough being out and about in little headspace. The truth is, I'm not sure that even those who accept us, properly understand that when we're in little space, our vulnerabilities and experience of the world is pretty much that of a .... little person. I still think there's a sense that it's put on - without having fully experienced this, I'm sure it's really difficult to get the difference between role play and legitimate regression.

I would also find myself quite anxious and vulnerable alone at an event like that and in need of a secure hand to hold on to.

I don't want to go and have nobody acknowledge me. yes, this comes off as vanity. But I have sacrificed much and I want to be special. In all fairness, EVERYONE wants to be special... who am I to judge?
But if I would go, I feel I deserve my moment to have my say. My time to shine so to say.

Why don't you try to hold a panel ? It costs nothing to ask the staff I guess. Something along the line of "why I chose to go public" or "why I try to bring awareness through youtube". This could be an interesting debate. Why not even find someone willing to give counter-arguments. If done properly, that could be a healthy debate balancing the pros and cons mixed with a few questions from the public. Wouldn't it be the kind of exposure that you would like ?
The only thing you risk is having someone saying "no" and you wouldn't lose anything.

Teddycon was amazing, and totally transformative for me too! I waited until I was 39 to get out, meet people in person, and have legit little friends in real life. The only regret is that I waited so long. What are we so afraid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back