33-34 inch waist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What diaper do you think would fit me, I don't know if I should go up to a medium because I'm afraid it won't fit and I will waist my money. Thanks!

Reactions: Newbe20
33-34 inch waist is usually ideal for medium size diapers from most companies. I know for sure it's good for medium Bambino and ABU diapers, and for Abena, Tena, and dry 24/7 as well.

Medium, definitely.

I have a 34" waist. I find that in most brands a LARGE fits me better. You'll need to try. The only diaper that seems to be realistic on the sizing is dry247 which I wear mediums in. Of course it depends on your body shape (I'm also 6'1" and male). The sad truth, is you'll just have to try them on. Many places will either give you samples or sell you a sample pack.

Waist or hips line?

This makes a huge difference, trust me. Diapers are made to fit based on the waist size. This is just below your belly button, about an inch or two above the top of your pants. Pants on the other hand, are based on your hips size while misguidedly marketed as being your "hips". It's common for people to get the two confused because of this, then they come on here and start misdirecting others on what they actually need.

A true 34 inch waist can probably be ok with a medium confidry24/7, but will need a size large in most other diapers. A 34 inch hips will likely need large in most any diaper simply because the average persons waist size is bigger than their hips size.

o

Last edited:
Diapers are supposed to be huge. They are not intended to fit like underwear. As long as they are properly fitted and do not leak then you'll be just fine with them.

DLrvg said:
Thanks for the responses! Just for some info I recently tried a 2 pack of the Rearz safari and they were huge! This was in medium size.

I consider diapers about the right size if the top tapes are getting about to where the fold is, leaving 7-8" or so between them. Okay for them to fit a bit farther out too, but too far out and the lowers can't reach around. Where are the tops fitting on you?

bambinod said:
Where are the tops fitting on you?

To be honest the diaper was up to my stomach! And I'm not 100% sure how to describe is but the diaper did not form to my body. It had like a lot of room and was not hugging my body. I guess what I'm trying to say, the Rearz I tried were to big.

You dont want the diaper tapes to be right on the end of the front wings. You want the wings to overlap a lot. Say, the front wings should go past your sides and the rear wings with the tape should go as far as to the sides of your groin. A large or Regular fits me really good. I have tried mediums and the tapes barely can land on the front wings.

I seem to be out of the mainstream on this. I have a 34 waist and use a Molicare small, which has a max waist size of 35, and love that it does not have all the extra material and feels like a more babyish diaper. Looks very neat. It has a pretty decent capacity of least 2 wettings, even without a booster (use a narrow booster like Tranquility). Just don't flood it as it takes a minute to absorb. It also has great swelling character.

I find its better if I stretch the width at both ends before using; it makes taping it on easier.

I would like to add that pants size is not the same as your waist measurement. I wear size 40 and my measurement is no where near 40".

I am about the same size as you and Bellissimo (which I will not buy again) large fit great for me, however 24/7 large were way to big. As suggested above, you have to sample. Also, I diaper-up lying down as that is where one's waist is thinnest. A tighter fit means leakage is less likely.

I have a 33" waist and big legs. I find the Rearz Seduction and the Northsore Supremes both fit me fine. I have to us a diaper with 4 tapes due to my shape
and both fit that bill. The Rearz is by far the best fitting and most comfortable of the disposables for me, cloth diapers and plastic pants fit the very best though.

Slomo said:
Waist or hips line?

This makes a huge difference, trust me. Diapers are made to fit based on the waist size. This is just below your belly button, about an inch or two above the top of your pants. Pants on the other hand, are based on your hips size while misguidedly marketed as being your "hips". It's common for people to get the two confused because of this, then they come on here and start misdirecting others on what they actually need.

A true 34 inch waist can probably be ok with a medium confidry24/7, but will need a size large in most other diapers. A 34 inch hips will likely need large in most any diaper simply because the average persons waist size is bigger than their hips size.

This is confusing. I wear jeans or pants based on my waist size, a size 26 or 27. My hips measure 34" at the area a belt would rest or around the top tape of a diaper. I think they are using waist to mean hip with diaper manufacturers. Not sure! I wear a medium abu with about 3 to 4 inches btw the top tapes which is pretty consistent with their sizing. I find it a perfect fit. You are probably right in that most people have larger waists than hips if they are overweight and carry that around the midsection :p In that case, I would think you should go with your hip size? Just measure around the area the diapee tapes lol.

Medium!

CushedTush said:
This is confusing. I wear jeans or pants based on my waist size, a size 26 or 27. My hips measure 34" at the area a belt would rest or around the top tape of a diaper. I think they are using waist to mean hip with diaper manufacturers. Not sure! I wear a medium abu with about 3 to 4 inches btw the top tapes which is pretty consistent with their sizing. I find it a perfect fit. You are probably right in that most people have larger waists than hips if they are overweight and carry that around the midsection :p In that case, I would think you should go with your hip size? Just measure around the area the diapee tapes lol.

Waist, hips/belt, and pant sizes are all different. And yes it is confusing.

The waist is measured just under the belly button. Diapers are manufactured based on your waist measurement, and is also how high diaper manufacturers I tend a diaper to extend up to.

Your hips are measured just above your hip bones and is also where your belt rests. Regular underwear and pants are intended to only extend up this high.

Pant sizes are an arbitrary number given to pants based on a manufacturers own sizing. This pant size will also vary from one manufacturer to another, but is often close to or less than actual hip measurements. Do not ever go by this number when trying to properly size new clothing. You will always end up with something too small for your actual fitting requirements.

Your pant size is 26. Your hips size is 34. What is your actual waist measurement? This is what you should be using for diaper sizing. And I'm guessing it is somewhere around 36-38 inches. This would meant you need a large diaper.

Slomo said:
Waist, hips/belt, and pant sizes are all different. And yes it is confusing.

The waist is measured just under the belly button. Diapers are manufactured based on your waist measurement, and is also how high diaper manufacturers I tend a diaper to extend up to.

Your hips are measured just above your hip bones and is also where your belt rests. Regular underwear and pants are intended to only extend up this high.

Pant sizes are an arbitrary number given to pants based on a manufacturers own sizing. This pant size will also vary from one manufacturer to another, but is often close to or less than actual hip measurements. Do not ever go by this number when trying to properly size new clothing. You will always end up with something too small for your actual fitting requirements.

Your pant size is 26. Your hips size is 34. What is your actual waist measurement? This is what you should be using for diaper sizing. And I'm guessing it is somewhere around 36-38 inches. This would meant you need a large diaper.

My waist measured just below my belly button is 31" my belt/high hip measurement is 33". I put on a few pounds over the holidays . I don't get why my waist would be wider than my hips. I am female btw, if that helps and hourglass. My pant size corresponds to my waist measurement above my navel at the narrowest area of my waist and it works with the brand I wear. I would be swimming in a large diaper. So, if indeed, that 31" inches is what I should use then I could fit a small rearz which I do and makes that overstock sale very tempting!!

I'm a simular size to you and I find large more comfortable. Some manufacturers make their nappies bigger than others but mainly I find that the tapes are right on the limit of the wings or the lower tapes make the leg holes too tight.
I like the tapes to land on the front of the nappy so large is better for me plus I feel better in a larger nappy

CushedTush said:
My waist measured just below my belly button is 31" my belt/high hip measurement is 33". I put on a few pounds over the holidays . I don't get why my waist would be wider than my hips. I am female btw, if that helps and hourglass. My pant size corresponds to my waist measurement above my navel at the narrowest area of my waist and it works with the brand I wear. I would be swimming in a large diaper. So, if indeed, that 31" inches is what I should use then I could fit a small rearz which I do and makes that overstock sale very tempting!!

A vast majority of americans are overweight, and manufacturers cater to the majority. Congrats on having a smaller waist than your hips though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back