Diapers for Camping

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLdude13

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I will be going camping this summer for a week and wanted to know of any discreet diapers with decent capacity for a relatively good cost. The only problems that would come up would be purchasing them, as I don't have access to a car, however it could be done. I will be sharing a tent with a friend who knows that I am a DL, and I am able to dispose of them easily. Any advice is also appreciated!

Tranquility slimline or for less crinkle I'd go with North shore or NS light

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm was not impressed with the slimlines. I use the attends breathable extra absorbency. Nice balance between capacity and thickness.

can't really recommend a diaper, but can pass on some advice, make sure to bag used diapers and dispose of them as soon as possible, some species of ants seem to be attracted to used diapers(found out the hard way)

alexchar1982 said:
can't really recommend a diaper, but can pass on some advice, make sure to bag used diapers and dispose of them as soon as possible, some species of ants seem to be attracted to used diapers(found out the hard way)

Yes, and please pack them out (at least to a proper trash receptacle). Diapers are NOT part of the wild environment, burying them or otherwise disposing of them is not proper.

I just use my normal nappies and bag them and put them in the bin as normal.

The always discreet underwear they would be nice for camping and depend silhouette too.

Depends (not the manufacturer, they suck) on how much you plan on using them. Is it just for overnight, and will you be wetting them all night?

If limited or no actual use, then go with ATN. If mild or moderate use, go with Abena, if heavy or full use, then go with Confidry.

cardinal healthcare premium heavy absorbency. That said outside of sleeping if you don’t have any bladder control or bowel issues, is functionality even important? I always thought the whole point of camping was you could “go anywhere” ...nevermind the part of having to carry a huge sack of used diapers back with you later.

I will be using them at night

- - - Updated - - -

And there will be trashcans around with a garbage service. I may also use while hiking with my friend but wouldn't all the time, possibly just once.

DLdude13 said:
I will be using them at night

- - - Updated - - -

And there will be trashcans around with a garbage service. I may also use while hiking with my friend but wouldn't all the time, possibly just once.

At night you don’t want too thin unless you want a wet sleeping bag. That said the cardinal premiums should be adequate… I’d recommend trying them in your bed first though

Remember that disposal options are more limited when camping. Make sure you have a plan in advance for diaper disposal or carrying it with you the entire trip. Privacy while camping can also be tricky sometimes.

I wear when I sleep for occasional night time accidents. I also enjoy wearing during the day. Last time I went camping, we were in a crowded campground and I wore Tykables at night and sometimes during day time hiking and such. No problems at all. I absolutely love camping and the outdoors. Combining the two with diapers is a lot of fun! Enjoy it!

Just because your friend knows you're a DL doesn't necessarily mean they'll be comfortable with you wearing and changing in such close proximity. It can create awkwardness. Unless they're a fellow DL or have specifically said they don't mind you wearing around them, this could strain your friendship.

He is fine with me wearing them, just said he doesn't really want to be a part of it. And I wouldn't even tell him that I was wearing, just in case he found out he would be okay with it.

The always discreet underwear would work, also the tena lady underwear works but they get lumpy when wet.

DLdude13 said:
He is fine with me wearing them, just said he doesn't really want to be a part of it. And I wouldn't even tell him that I was wearing, just in case he found out he would be okay with it.

Unless you are wearing some super overnight diaper in the dry 24/7 league of bulkyness or you are soaked, diapers won’t show under clothes unless you believe he is going to be staring at your butt for some reason and it becomes untucked

then thickness shouldn’t be a huge concern.

If he's fine with you wearing them, and you're going to be in close proximity in a tent with another person--I'd suggest you go the route of getting a thicker, more heavy duty one for nighttime. Having a diaper leak pee in a small tent is NOT great. I STRONGLY recommend Northshore Supremes, if you're okay with the cost.

For daytime though, I have less experience. I'm an eagle scout, and do serious camping (i.e long distance backpacking) almost every week in the winter/early spring--but I usually limit diapers to just nighttime, as I don't care for walking long distances with all that bulk. I'd think something like a goodnite or a very, very strong taped thinner diaper would be the only options if you're going to be out and about much.

I'd get something fairly thick for nighttime use, however camping outside in the summer may be a little too hot. try tena ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back