Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick and worried

Default Sick and worried

I have a problem when I sick or even just a little hurt. I worry extremely quick. You have no idea how many times I thought I or a friend could be dying. Most of the times it's nothing. Right now I'm suffering just sore throat. I woke up this morning to find my spit has turned a weird blue color. Before I wasn't so bad, but know I in a bit of a panic.

There's something going around right now that begins with a sore throat. It's an annoying virus that lasts for several weeks, typically. Blue spit is a new one on me, though. o.o; From what I've read, on a cursory search, it's usually related to a bacterial infection... so you may want to get some antibiotics in case it's something like strep throat.

I don't think you're dying, though. ^^; Relax.

Addendum:

Everything I have read about blue mucus says to see a doctor if it lasts for several days. For antibiotics.

Seriously, it's no biggie. The human body is extremely resilient. Take it easy. ^^;

MarchinBunny

XD Ya, I get exactly the same way with the same sort of stuff. When I notice something unusual and don't understand what is going on, I repeatedly have panic attacks about it and the only way I know how to calm tohse down is by laying down, closing my eyes, and taking deep breaths hold it in for a second and then let out the breath while telling myself it's ok.

However, with me even a prick to the finger to draw a little blood sends me into panic attacks like that. One time when I was going to give blood at a blood drive, after the little prick to the finger. They noticed how I looked white as a ghost and was about to pass out in a nervous panic and realized if they where to continue they would likely have to call an ambulence. XD

Quote Originally Posted by MarchinBunny View Post
    XD Ya, I get exactly the same way with the same sort of stuff. When I notice something unusual and don't understand what is going on, I repeatedly have panic attacks about it and the only way I know how to calm tohse down is by laying down, closing my eyes, and taking deep breaths hold it in for a second and then let out the breath while telling myself it's ok.

However, with me even a prick to the finger to draw a little blood sends me into panic attacks like that. One time when I was going to give blood at a blood drive, after the little prick to the finger. They noticed how I looked white as a ghost and was about to pass out in a nervous panic and realized if they where to continue they would likely have to call an ambulence. XD
    Wow. I might perhaps be a little out of my depth here. I can't deal with the sight of blood, at all. When I need blood drawn for whatever, I close my eyes and turn away and think about something else. I can't see it. I haven't donated blood for exactly that reason. o.o;;; But other medical issues, particularly immunological ones, I tend to understand fairly well. I don't see my PCP very often, but when I do, I usually tell him what to prescribe. "Get out your pad and write this..." haha. It's been a few years since I've seen him by now. I have a very aggressive immune system, and the upshot is that I rarely get sick, or need antibiotics, etc. But there are downsides too, and they are fairly significant.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    Wow. I might perhaps be a little out of my depth here. I can't deal with the sight of blood, at all. When I need blood drawn for whatever, I close my eyes and turn away and think about something else. I can't see it. I haven't donated blood for exactly that reason. o.o;;; But other medical issues, particularly immunological ones, I tend to understand fairly well. I don't see my PCP very often, but when I do, I usually tell him what to prescribe. "Get out your pad and write this..." haha. It's been a few years since I've seen him by now. I have a very aggressive immune system, and the upshot is that I rarely get sick, or need antibiotics, etc. But there are downsides too, and they are fairly significant.
    Beleive it or not it's not even the sight of the blood that does it. It's quite literally the prick to the finger the squeeze that they do to draw the blood out. Blood by itself, is no issue for me. Needles are also an issue for me, again not because of blood.

People or myself getting physically hurt also sends me into panic attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by KryanAshford View Post
    I have a problem when I sick or even just a little hurt. I worry extremely quick. You have no idea how many times I thought I or a friend could be dying. Most of the times it's nothing. Right now I'm suffering just sore throat. I woke up this morning to find my spit has turned a weird blue color. Before I wasn't so bad, but know I in a bit of a panic.
    I'm the same way about worrying. I don't get sick fortunately, but I'm a long distance runner so every time I get even the slightest injury, I panic that something is torn or broken and it's the end of the road. It's never been serious but I do know that feeling of stressing about it. When we don't know what is causing it, we imagine the worst.

I have no idea what would cause blue spit, but if you're feelimg okay aside from a sore throat, it may be an infection or something similar. I do think it would be advisable to see a doctor or check in at the hospital emergency to be on the safe side.

Hope it gets better soon.

Feeling slightly better. my cough is limiting downward. It still hurts, but not as bad as yesterday. The blue spit is gone. I've been watching it. I feeling weaker than my usual self. But I'm okay. I'm doing what I can to control my limited energy to help heal myself. I'm also trying to drown my throat in water to further help things along.

Feeling slightly better. my cough is limiting downward. It still hurts, but not as bad as yesterday. The blue spit is gone. I've been watching it. I feeling weaker than my usual self. But I'm okay. I'm doing what I can to control my limited energy to help heal myself. I'm also trying to drown my throat in water to further help things along.
    A cough with a sore throat can be a very painful combination. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend! For a sore throat, somewhat counter-intuitively, I've found that hot beverages (such as tea) help more than cold ones. Hydration never hurts, though.

I can't talk now, but otherwise feel okay. I got some meds so I can heal quicker.

I can't talk now, but otherwise feel okay. I got some meds so I can heal quicker.
    As I mentioned earlier, the same thing recently happened to my friend. Lingering laryngitis after everything else had cleared up. It actually WAS rather amusing. ^^;;; I, and others, picked on him just a little bit, and he'd just flip us the birdie. He appreciated the humor, though.