• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New to the forum - hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenexus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey everyone

I've been a lurker for a while but have finally decided to sign up. I've found lots of useful tips and tricks and advice from just reading posts, but felt perhaps I should sign up to share help and advice myself :smile:

About two years ago I was diagnosed with an ovaractive bladder and without going into great detail, I reluctantly went to the doctor (I'm very shy) and I tried a number of different medications, had some tests, and eventually with either some drugs having no effect, or others giving side effects which made me feel awful, I ended up deciding to just manage the condition with pads (okay that's what the health service calls them!)

My view was that unless there was a magic pill to stop the OAB completely I wouldn't ever have the confidence that I wouldn't have an accident at some point; so, whilst having to wear protection regardless 'just in case', and scared stiff that I'd have an accident out of the blue (as had happened in the early days on more than one occasion - though thankfully I was able to make a discrete exit on those occasions) it seemed the most logical step to just wear protection and be done with it.

Over time it's become fairly normal and I've become used to things. One thing I've found is there aren't many (any, really) places like ADISC to talk to people who have some experience of any of what I've been through. Vague Google searches reveal "advice" but it's often a bit limited. Whilst I ended up where I am through no fault of my own; I've become used to wearing protection now and over time I suppose I've grown to like my new underwear; whether that's then verging on DL I'm not sure; or just an appreciation that it keeps me from embarrasing myself; I just know having tried many many types of protection I'm now quite picky on which I prefer to wear.

Over to other areas; I'm from the UK, I'm rather quiet and shy, and have interests in science fiction, computer games, and generally anything geeky. I love fast food (a little too much I think sometimes!) :pizza:

Looking forward to contributing to the forum; as a newbie I'm not sure whether to just jump in or not! :sweatdrop:

Thanks for reading. Not sure if this is a good or a bad intro ... lol

Nexus

thenexus said:
Hey everyone

Nexus

Welcome! A fine post if ever I saw one! Lots of information and thanks for being so honest, its a big step to make a start. I look forward to your thoughts and contributions. If you have advice oand tips on products etc that will be very handy for many here. Enjoy!

MotherFaith said:
Welcome! A fine post if ever I saw one! Lots of information and thanks for being so honest, its a big step to make a start. I look forward to your thoughts and contributions. If you have advice oand tips on products etc that will be very handy for many here. Enjoy!

Ah thanks for the welcome MotherFaith :) Glad the intro was okay - I saw the post on writing a good intro and I felt a little pressured to write a literary masterpiece :) As I've been lurking there have been several topics recently I thought I could contribute to so I'll dip in soon.

Welcome! I hope you will get a lot of friends and a lot of answers ~:3

Hello, I am new here to! want to PM when we have that unlocked?

thenexus said:
Hey everyone

I've been a lurker for a while but have finally decided to sign up. I've found lots of useful tips and tricks and advice from just reading posts, but felt perhaps I should sign up to share help and advice myself :smile:

About two years ago I was diagnosed with an ovaractive bladder and without going into great detail, I reluctantly went to the doctor (I'm very shy) and I tried a number of different medications, had some tests, and eventually with either some drugs having no effect, or others giving side effects which made me feel awful, I ended up deciding to just manage the condition with pads (okay that's what the health service calls them!)

My view was that unless there was a magic pill to stop the OAB completely I wouldn't ever have the confidence that I wouldn't have an accident at some point; so, whilst having to wear protection regardless 'just in case', and scared stiff that I'd have an accident out of the blue (as had happened in the early days on more than one occasion - though thankfully I was able to make a discrete exit on those occasions) it seemed the most logical step to just wear protection and be done with it.

Over time it's become fairly normal and I've become used to things. One thing I've found is there aren't many (any, really) places like ADISC to talk to people who have some experience of any of what I've been through. Vague Google searches reveal "advice" but it's often a bit limited. Whilst I ended up where I am through no fault of my own; I've become used to wearing protection now and over time I suppose I've grown to like my new underwear; whether that's then verging on DL I'm not sure; or just an appreciation that it keeps me from embarrasing myself; I just know having tried many many types of protection I'm now quite picky on which I prefer to wear.

Over to other areas; I'm from the UK, I'm rather quiet and shy, and have interests in science fiction, computer games, and generally anything geeky. I love fast food (a little too much I think sometimes!) :pizza:

Looking forward to contributing to the forum; as a newbie I'm not sure whether to just jump in or not! :sweatdrop:

Thanks for reading. Not sure if this is a good or a bad intro ... lol

Nexus

Oh i like this one :p im a scifi geek as well i could talk starwars, startrek and everything in between :p feel free to check out our Discord server!

SunshineFlower said:
Welcome! I hope you will get a lot of friends and a lot of answers ~:3

Thank you SunshineFlower :) Look forward to taking part in the forum :)

- - - Updated - - -

CodeZana said:
Oh i like this one :p im a scifi geek as well i could talk starwars, startrek and everything in between :p feel free to check out our Discord server!

Big fan of Star Trek, Stargate, pretty much anything set in space or with a science fiction twist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back