View Poll Results: Are you a hypocite?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, though I hate the fact that I am.(You find yourself doing things you hate)

13 35.14%
  • No, I'm not.

19 51.35%
  • I hate hypocrites.

5 13.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisy on "touchy" subjects.

xdeadx

Default Hypocrisy on "touchy" subjects.

Have you ever found yourself being an extreme hypocrite on certain "touchy" subjects.

Just to give a few examples:

You are disgusted with people who bag on your religion but then at a times you make jokes or extreme stereotypes based on it.

Or you talk bad about "emos" yet you find yourself cutting your wrists sometimes.

I just want to know, Am I the only hypocrite here? Be honest.

(and I'm talking not just once in a life time. But not to the extent of a regular basis)

EDIT: And if you wanna, please share.

I miss the yes-option without hating myself for it. I've found myself being a hypocrite a number of times. All in all I think it's a very human thing. Some examples:

I loudly voice my hate for mainstream gay culture, then I get blasted drunk and start dancing and singing along with Cher and ordering brightly colored drinks. Depending on what level of drunk I am, drag and make-up sessions may or may not follow.

I hate religious people for trying to make me believe in their god, but then find myself trying to disprove their faith and telling them I know what the right thing to believe in is.

I don't really consider myself a hypocrit, just a person(Sometimes I find myself changing my mind on topics, but I generally don't saying conflicting things about the same thing)

Nope, because usually I don't hate on the action itself, but the way which that action is carried out.

For example...

One can express their anger with the whiny little bitches who cut their wrists moments after they themselves cut their wrists, so long as they don't go whine and bitch about it after. I don't know if that makes much sense when I put it into words... but it makes sense to me, in my head.

Eh, come to think of it... I am a bit of a hypocrite. But I don't feel bad about it in the least.

"Do as I say, not as I do." c:

What you see is what you get.

Oh wait. Not hypocritical as far as stating a thing and believing another, or feeling a thing and lying. But Am hypocritical about suggesting others do things I don't do myself.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 31-Mar-2009 at 05:41.

Mako

When times such as these happen, and I realize my logic is inconsistent or hypocritical. I step back, re-examine and attempt to balance it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    When times such as these happen, and I realize my logic is inconsistent or hypocritical. I step back, re-examine and attempt to balance it again.
    This.

I think it's natural to end up being a tad hypocritical about things, but it's only a vice if you refuse to change your view/behaviour once you've seen it's hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    This.

I think it's natural to end up being a tad hypocritical about things, but it's only a vice if you refuse to change your view/behaviour once you've seen it's hypocritical.
    True, and this is all well and good.

Until the threshold is set so unattainably high that the "review" phase is never achieved.

Problems then follow.

I am incredibly hypocritical. Bad habit I picked up from my parents, and something I am really not proud of. It is also something I really want to change about myself. I often notice that I will say something incredibly hypocritcal, and really feel bad afterwards. I try not to be however, and I am getting better at not being it.

In fact, recently, I can't think of an actual event of being hypocritical, I now it is just something I consider myself to be. And although I may be it, I try very hard not to be it in the same way twice - and on this I believe myself to be going quite well.

I try not to be. Like Mako, if I think I'm going in that direction, I try to step back and think about where the other person is coming from. I think I'm more hypocritical out in RL, especially when I'm in line at the grocery store and some idiot is in front of me with 100 coupons. Basically, I'm formulating various ways the perpetrator could die in agonizing torturous ways. But really, is that so wrong?