Chaffing & Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleManAlex

Lurker
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I chaff really bad, especially in the summer months.

Strangely the thing I find helps most is wearing diapers as it spreads my legs far enough to stop it.

Does anyone else find this or am I special :p

I generally have the opposite problem. I like really thick diapers, like the ABU ones, so the thickness of the diaper tends to itself be the cause of chaffing around the edges if I end up having to do too much walking. It's not a huge problem, but I've had a couple times where I exercised and ended up with some tenderness around the inner thighs afterwards.

In hot weather I use some talc powder on the inner thigh area of my plastic pants. Works great!

Make sure you are fully cleaning and drying out your skin at least once a day. Use a cream that will absorb I to your skin to heal it, then also use an ointment to create a barrier which will prevent it from getting any worse.

yeah when I get a rash on my legs, diapers to often help as long as I don’t push it too hard (jog too hard/other strenuous sweaty stuff

Try various kinds of diapers. A single kind always sits in the same place and rubs the same way, thus adding to the chaffing. When I developed some very bad chaffing in LA this fall, I bought some looser-fitting cloth-backed Tena Ultras, which surprised me by working quite well. (I really didn't expect much.) They also allowed the area to breathe and sat further off of the chafed spots. I also use creams: the one that works best is a prescribed cream I got for psoriasis a couple of years ago, but I'm sure other things would also work.

I find that diapers help that problem too

LittleManAlex said:
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I chaff really bad, especially in the summer months.

Strangely the thing I find helps most is wearing diapers as it spreads my legs far enough to stop it.

Does anyone else find this or am I special :p

You're definitely not alone. My "boys hang low" and as such briefs can't span the full width (and boxers, they have to pick a side, which then really gets beat up) so that leads to some nasty chaffing from the sweating and rubbing from walking around during the summer days. Sometimes it can get downright painful especially if I'm forced to keep walking after things start getting irritated. I have painful memories of years ago getting dragged around a shopping mall for ~3 hours in that state, I was in silent agony by the time we got home. The skin on my inner thighs was on fire and I was clearly not walking normally as I was trying to reduce the rubbing and was walking a bit bow-legged.

Diapers usually help with that, the leg gathers and especially good tall standing leak guards prevent that constant friction with my inner thighs when walking. I honestly count that as one of my "legitimate reasons to be wearing diapers"

I've never been in the military but I recall someone telling me that they used a lot of Vaseline for long marches for exactly this reason. I've tried it myself but it doesn't seem to help. Lotion is bad news (unless covered by... something waterproof!) as it will transfer to your pants and wet stain them. Today I actually applied lotion generously before taping up, so my skin is doing well despite having gotten a little dried out somewhat recently.

Good luck!

They make some real nice barrier products that rub in and also one pass cleaner ,moisturizer, and barrier cream so you just wipe off let dry and your ready to rock (tape up) my favorite products are MEDLINE "Remedy Restore".

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I almost never chafe, but I also use baby lotion. The best lotion I've found is Aveeno Baby because it has Dimethicone ointment in it, something that they use in hospitals. It's about the best stuff you can find and it's only $4.00 for the Aveeno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back