Not open for further replies.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I'm going to be replacing my desktop PC for a laptop soon as I don't believe my desktop can take the wear and tear from my truck or USA freeway roads much longer. I'm looking in the $1500 to $2300 range for performance, build quality, ect.

Prefer the new 10 series Nvidia dedicated GPU, and an i7 quad core, minimum 16 GB RAM.

The one I have found that matches that is the new alienware laptops (I have been looking at the 15) but I'm not a fan of alienware, and I loath dell. But as I said it meets my requirements and is in the price range. Does anyone else know of another laptop that matches or exceeds the alienware 15 at the same price range. I have also been looking at the razer blade but it is well over the alienware 15 in price and just marginally in performance and a much less rigid chassis so I can't really justify that. Weight is not a factor.

Maxx said:
And then, for other people, a computer is more than an appliance. LOL.
Lol yeah I drive a truck so months away from home my PC is my whole personal world lol

I second MSI. They're not as portable as Razers but they cost significantly less than Razer and Alienware while offering the same or better performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSI is an awesome brand BUT the new Alienware has one giant advantage - with the external graphics amplifier, they are slightly more future-proof.

I have always been put off by alienware as most of the time the put all of their focus on extreme gamer looks but very little effort in build quality or thermals. I have heard in recent iterations Alienware has stepped up their game, I would definitely watch some reviews and see how thermals and build is now. Personally I like razer laptops as the use a minimalistic design with a hint of gamer, and there build quality is only rivaled by Apple's MacBook Pro line in my opinion. Razer also has a nice refurbished section where the laptops looked brand new, have a full warranty, and knock off a few hundred dollars as well. A lot of gaming laptops are designed more for sitting on a table and being plugged in, most of them are lucky to get three or four hours off of a single charge, which if your traveling a lot is something I would consider. I have always heard good things about Asus and Lenovo gaming laptops. A lot is going to depend on whether you want affordable or build quality, as those usually don't go together unfortunately.

Last edited:
yoshiDL said:
I have always been put off by alienware as most of the time the put all of their focus on gaudy looks but very little effort in build quality or thermals. I have heard in recent iterations Alienware has stepped up their game, I would definitely watch some reviews and see how thermals and build is now. Personally I like razer laptops as the use a minimalistic design with a hint of gamer, and there build quality is only rivaled by Apple's MacBook Pro line in my opinion. Razer also has a nice refurbished section where the laptops looked brand new, had a full warranty, and knocked off a few hundred dollars as well. A lot of gaming laptops are designed more for sitting on a table and being plugged in, most of them are lucky to get three or four hours off of a single charge, which if your traveling a lot is something I would consider. I have always heard good things about Asus and Lenovo gaming laptops. A lot is going to depend on whether you want affordable or build quality, as those usually don't go together unfortunately.
Money is not really an issue I net $3000 per month income. While I am on the go, I do have plenty of electric sockets in my truck and a fold down desk surface. I have had my desktop in there but it won't last too much longer with road vibration from 10 hours of driving every day.

w0lfpack91 said:
Money is not really an issue I net $3000 per month income. While I am on the go, I do have plenty of electric sockets in my truck and a fold down desk surface. I have had my desktop in there but it won't last too much longer with road vibration from 10 hours of driving every day.

Ah, yes, vibration! Absolutely invest in a solid state drive to combat that!

Songnar said:
Ah, yes, vibration! Absolutely invest in a solid state drive to combat that!
Yes that exactly interested to see how the new pci-e solid States perform for laptops

If money is no issue then if it were me personally I would go for the Razer Blade. The Razer Blade is my favorite due to it's high quality build with body being made out of a single piece of aluminum, to it's display being a very nice ips panel. I also just really like the looks of Razer products as they are generally very clean and sleek. If your not into Razer there are definitely some other great options as well. Depending on the size you want you could get the EVGA SC17 1070 which has a desktop 1070 in it, not a mobile version so it will play games probably better than any other laptop on the market. Asus, Acer, and MSI also have great options as well with lots of variations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back