How did you come to terms with being an adult baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CryBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hi everyone, I'm struggling within myself about the rights and wrongs (?) of being a Little, as most people seem to see it as creepy weird or just plain crazy. I don't think that, but there is still a part of myself that wonders if there's something wrong with me. I'm wondering how you came to terms with it, if you ever went through feelings like this, etc. Thanks guys.

Lucky me no friends or family I never did anything during my childhood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me, it comes down to how I think about right and wrong. I've always looked at the question by asking what effect something has on the world. It's kind of a utilitarian approach. If something makes people healthy, happy, or better off, then it's a good thing, and if it hurts people somehow, then it's bad.

ABDL practices can sometimes be a little gross for people, but if you're careful about your hygiene, other people who aren't comfortable with it don't even have to know about it. They're not actually harmful though, you won't hurt your body from wearing and using diapers. And on the beneficial side, it's something that makes me really profoundly happy. And I know for a lot of other people here, it's a part of them that's really important for their overall well-being. So, I accepted that it's a good thing and allowed myself to be happy with it.

That's good. I don't wear diapers and I'm not sure I ever will, however I do use a sippy cup and play with toys all day. I also talk in a baby voice when I'm at home (at least 60% of the time) and like to be babied by my boyfriend. Even burped. So I think I'm still a Little. I can honestly say it all feels completely right and natural at the time, it's more when I'm looking at other people's views of it I start thinking this way. I guess I just shouldn't worry what others think.

But for instance like a week ago I had a nightmare where I brought my sippy cup to a family dinner and everyone wouldn't talk to me and just looked at me strange all night and it was awful. I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno how lucky that is but at least you're getting a childhood now :)

CryBaby said:
That's good. I don't wear diapers and I'm not sure I ever will, however I do use a sippy cup and play with toys all day. I also talk in a baby voice when I'm at home (at least 60% of the time) and like to be babied by my boyfriend. Even burped. So I think I'm still a Little. I can honestly say it all feels completely right and natural at the time, it's more when I'm looking at other people's views of it I start thinking this way. I guess I just shouldn't worry what others think.

But for instance like a week ago I had a nightmare where I brought my sippy cup to a family dinner and everyone wouldn't talk to me and just looked at me strange all night and it was awful. I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno how lucky that is but at least you're getting a childhood now :)

I think it's important to understand why people think a certain way when judging whether you should care what they think. Many people don't like acting little simply because it's different from the way the average person wants to behave. That doesn't make it wrong though. Fear of what's different without a good reason doesn't make something wrong.

It's important to be aware that it's a private thing though. And also that lots of things aren't appropriate for a formal dinner. You wouldn't expect someone to show up at a family dinner all sweaty and wearing a martial arts uniform, or dressed only in bike shorts after a workout, that would be really embarrassing too (and likely more gross than acting little, honestly). Nor would you expect someone to show up to dinner playing with a model train set, or tinkering with electronics instead of paying attention to family. All these things are for personal time, whereas a nice dinner or other gathering of friends is for giving your time to those family and friends.

Straight up, you either are or you aren't. Chances are that if you've been feeling this way a while and feel happy when little, then you are a little and that I'm afraid is totally hard wired in ... soz

So, as to coming to terms with it, well that's a matter of learning to accept and love who you are. And that takes some time and effort. Firstly you need to learn as much as you can to get a better understanding of how you feel. Unfortunately no one knows why we're like this, but there's plenty of us who have learnt to accept this special part of us.

As far as I'm concerned and many others will concur, this is perfectly fine as long as it's not harmful to you or anyone else.

It is different, yes, but weird??? That's a matter of opinion... unfortunately, the general opinion of society is that it's weird, but that's more a lack of understanding on their part.

I'd say that it took me a long time to really love who I am, generally, but I've always been happy regressing for as long as I can remember. Honestly, if society were more understanding, I'd quite happily 'little out' when and where I felt like. But as Archie Roni says, we respect where others are at, and don't create uncomfortable situations.... that is something I guess I'll never be happy with ☹️

:hugs: cry baby, have fun being happy and little and just love who you are.

ArchieRoni said:
I think it's important to understand why people think a certain way when judging whether you should care what they think. Many people don't like acting little simply because it's different from the way the average person wants to behave. That doesn't make it wrong though. Fear of what's different without a good reason doesn't make something wrong.

It's important to be aware that it's a private thing though. And also that lots of things aren't appropriate for a formal dinner. You wouldn't expect someone to show up at a family dinner all sweaty and wearing a martial arts uniform, or dressed only in bike shorts after a workout, that would be really embarrassing too (and likely more gross than acting little, honestly). Nor would you expect someone to show up to dinner playing with a model train set, or tinkering with electronics instead of paying attention to family. All these things are for personal time, whereas a nice dinner or other gathering of friends is for giving your time to those family and friends.

I don't think I would ever get into little space during family time, however it would be nice to have the confidence to at least dress how I want around them and be able to talk about some of my interests like Disney and toys.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your uplifting advice, I'm trying my best :)

I wish I could say it was quick and easy. It really seems now like it should have been. I think I gained some self-knowledge in the process but I think I could have probably gotten as much from other, less troublesome introspection and I'd have been happier in the meantime.

I worked a lot of it out on my own. I think the process was accelerated by seeing there were others like myself who were decent, well-balanced people. Making friends with some of those made it easier to see that it wasn't just a burden to bear but something that could be positive for me overall. Look for ways to accentuate the positives in your life with it.

Trevor said:
I wish I could say it was quick and easy. It really seems now like it should have been. I think I gained some self-knowledge in the process but I think I could have probably gotten as much from other, less troublesome introspection and I'd have been happier in the meantime.

I worked a lot of it out on my own. I think the process was accelerated by seeing there were others like myself who were decent, well-balanced people. Making friends with some of those made it easier to see that it wasn't just a burden to bear but something that could be positive for me overall. Look for ways to accentuate the positives in your life with it.

True it is definitely not an overnight process. However I think you're right, I feel more comfortable about it every day. And the more I actually let my self indulge instead of resisting, the better I feel as well.

CryBaby said:
Hi everyone, I'm struggling within myself about the rights and wrongs (?) of being a Little, as most people seem to see it as creepy weird or just plain crazy. I don't think that, but there is still a part of myself that wonders if there's something wrong with me. I'm wondering how you came to terms with it, if you ever went through feelings like this, etc. Thanks guys.

I know how you fell 100%

I for years sturggled just to accept myself. My parents called me a paedophile and all, once I met someone and told them I've accepted it. Not everyone has someone or can get the courage up to tell someone. I also find that alot of people are quite accepting of it. It doesnt hurt anyone does it? Does being AB/DL hurt yourself? It may at times mentality, but its better and safer then alot of things people engage in. Just look at the good things and learn to accept it, and please just love yourself.

~Shadow

LifeGoesOn223 said:
I know how you fell 100%

I for years sturggled just to accept myself. My parents called me a paedophile and all, once I met someone and told them I've accepted it. Not everyone has someone or can get the courage up to tell someone. I also find that alot of people are quite accepting of it. It doesnt hurt anyone does it? Does being AB/DL hurt yourself? It may at times mentality, but its better and safer then alot of things people engage in. Just look at the good things and learn to accept it, and please just love yourself.

~Shadow

I'm sorry you went through that. I'm not sure I could ever tell my parents or anyone in my family for that matter, so kudos to you for having the confidence to.

I'm learning to get over the negative feelings day by day. My boyfriend is accepting which helps!!

I don't think I would be called a pedophile, since I am a girl and apparently that doesn't work according to everything??? (bs)
But! I would get horrible looks, I wouldn't be accepted anymore. It already turned out weird when my sister saw my little stuff, since then she always makes weird comments... But I don't care, when she comments, I try not to listen.
Not anyone can do that, and to be honest, me neither.

CryBaby said:
I'm sorry you went through that. I'm not sure I could ever tell my parents or anyone in my family for that matter, so kudos to you for having the confidence to.

I'm learning to get over the negative feelings day by day. My boyfriend is accepting which helps!!

It always gets better eventually, just trust me when I say that😉

LifeGoesOn223 said:
I know how you fell 100%

~Shadow

:( I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't think I could ever tell my parents so good on you for having the courage to do so. I'm trying to Love myself,amazing how hard that is hey?

Even though I love the Little One in me, it's still very easy to feel ashamed simply because I know that most people would be very judgemental of the AB/DL activities I participate in in my downtime. But it's been helpful for me to remember that it is MY DOWNTIME. I go to work, I take care of my daughter, I clean my house, I go to the gym. When I get a free minute after my daughter is in bed, I like to wear diapers, suck on a pacifier, and call my boyfriend Daddy. No one is being harmed, troubled, or inconvenienced by the way I choose to relax, and in fact me and my Daddy very much benefit from it after a long day of taking care of responsibilities. The point is, it's important to remember that as long as you're not hurting yourself or anyone, you're enjoying youself, and are still performing the tasks you need to perform there's no harm in indulging.
Also, I love your profile picture. :wub: Melanie Martinez's music almost always puts me in little space.

Greeniebell said:
Even though I love the Little One in me, it's still very easy to feel ashamed simply because I know that most people would be very judgemental of the AB/DL activities I participate in in my downtime. But it's been helpful for me to remember that it is MY DOWNTIME. I go to work, I take care of my daughter, I clean my house, I go to the gym. When I get a free minute after my daughter is in bed, I like to wear diapers, suck on a pacifier, and call my boyfriend Daddy. No one is being harmed, troubled, or inconvenienced by the way I choose to relax, and in fact me and my Daddy very much benefit from it after a long day of taking care of responsibilities. The point is, it's important to remember that as long as you're not hurting yourself or anyone, you're enjoying youself, and are still performing the tasks you need to perform there's no harm in indulging.
Also, I love your profile picture. :wub: Melanie Martinez's music almost always puts me in little space.

That's encouraging. It's awesome you can be so comfortable with yourself at least most of the time. And yeah Melanie is the best... The best of anything recent anyway.

I struggled with it for a very long time. Hiding the way that I felt never letting anyone see that side of me and then two thoughts occurred to me. One, you aren't hurting anyone, this includes not shoving it in other peoples faces though. I think if your subtle your fine but don't intentionally make other uncomfortable. Two, life is too short to over analyze how you feel. Do what you can to make yourself happy. Be open with your partner, if they truly love you they will accept it even if they don't want to participate. That's how I came to accept myself and all of my little ways.

Accepting yourself.

It really came down to admitting it to my girlfriend and opening up to her about it. It took me 16 years, more or less, to realize that I wasn't strange or an outcast just because of my preference(s). However she was (unlike some of the stories I've read on this website) quite accepting of me (as I've heard your boyfriend is as well). I'm glad you had the courage to open up and it's turned out so well for you. The only thing I can tell you is, it's not a defect. It's not a disorder. It's part of who you are and your make up as an individual. There a different types of people for every person, and you happened to be with someone who can appreciate you as you are. That's one of the most amazing things a person can have. So don't let societies lack of understanding define your opinion of yourself. If you have found something that makes you happy and you can share it with someone you love, what else could you want?

I just accepted it after I realized that trying to not be this way cuz society says no is stupid. Had a blanket and sucked my thumb till I was 14 didn't care. Stopped cuz I was supposed to. Started again at 22 cuz I found society to be a joke. Parents and brother found out they did not care so I stopped caring again. Wasn't easy but its not as bad as crack or anything so.....still feel bad for people outed by friends. That sucks

BlueBinki said:
It really came down to admitting it to my girlfriend and opening up to her about it. It took me 16 years, more or less, to realize that I wasn't strange or an outcast just because of my preference(s). However she was (unlike some of the stories I've read on this website) quite accepting of me (as I've heard your boyfriend is as well). I'm glad you had the courage to open up and it's turned out so well for you. The only thing I can tell you is, it's not a defect. It's not a disorder. It's part of who you are and your make up as an individual. There a different types of people for every person, and you happened to be with someone who can appreciate you as you are. That's one of the most amazing things a person can have. So don't let societies lack of understanding define your opinion of yourself. If you have found something that makes you happy and you can share it with someone you love, what else could you want?

It is such a hard thing to drop years of social conditioning, but I'm trying.

- - - Updated - - -

tsen said:
I just accepted it after I realized that trying to not be this way cuz society says no is stupid. Had a blanket and sucked my thumb till I was 14 didn't care. Stopped cuz I was supposed to. Started again at 22 cuz I found society to be a joke. Parents and brother found out they did not care so I stopped caring again. Wasn't easy but its not as bad as crack or anything so.....still feel bad for people outed by friends. That sucks

My family would definitely be freaked out by it, you're lucky that way for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back