Nateen Combi Ultra Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Nateen Combi Ultra is a premium line of taped adult diapers produced by Nateen and sold in markets In Euroupe. As with most adult diapers, the Nateen Combi comes in a number of different absorbency classes and sizes. In the Nateen Combi, Ultra is the second most absorbent with the Super Maxi being the most absorbent.

This is a review of the medium sized Nateen Combi Ultra PE which fits 95cms (37”) and 125cms (49") sized waists. This diaper was bought in the United Kingdom.

Appearance, Size and Features

The Nateen Ultra comes with all the features you'd expect from a premium diaper: Standing leak guards, wetness indicators and refastenable tapes. It doesn't have cute pictures or patterns, no elastic waistband.

The smooth plastic landing zone allows you to refasten and reposition the tapes easily.

The blue lines, which run the length of the diaper, are the wetness indicators.

IMG_1801.jpg
IMG_1800.jpg
Front and Back

A 3 stack of Mateen Ultra's are 6.5 cm (4 in) in total height.
IMG_1799.jpg

The Nateen Ultra has four tapes: two on each side of the diaper. The tapes themselves are small and thin but surprisingly strong and stretchy.
IMG_1807.jpg

The Natten Ultra is sold with a plastic backing and a cloth cover. The plastic feels smooth and soft to the touch and, while it does crinkle, it isn't particularly loud.
IMG_1805.jpg

When unfolded, the diaper measures (28 in) in length, (10 in) across the core. The diaper is quite stretchy which enables it to fit different body shapes fairly well.
IMG_1806.jpg
IMG_1808.jpg

Performance and Fit

With an absorbency range of 3700mL. I Started my Test. The test involved pouring 100 mL increments of water down the front of the diaper and then sitting in a chair for 30 seconds to check for leaks. Mild dampness was noticed around the inside of the leg gathers after 1800 mL, and an actual leak occurred at 2400mL.

IMG_1797.jpg
IMG_1802.jpg

The diaper lasted for approximately nine hours before it became necessary to change. This was under normal usage with no flooding. The main reason to change wasn't due to a risk of leaking, but due to the wife telling me my diaper was very full, these this swell like nothing I've used in the past.

In terms of noise, the diaper is audible but only in a quiet environment. The sound of normal everyday clothing can mostly cover the sound. This makes the diaper fun to wear at home where a noisy crinkle can be welcome, but also practical to wear in public where discretion is needed.

The plastic backing was comfortable against the skin with very little chafing noticed. The cloth-like inner cover was also soft against the skin and kept the diaper feeling comfortable when wet. This makes the diaper practical for long term use.

According to the packaging, the Nateen Maxi medium is designed for a hip size of 37-49 in. During testing, the diaper fitted very well on a waist size of approximately 34 in.

Price and Final Thoughts

The Nateen Ultra was hard to find here in the UK but is available online. The diapers used in this review came out of a half case of 40 diapers purchased from The Quality Care Store United Kingdom. The case cost £32 Ex VAT and £6.95 delivery, which works out to be £0.97 per diaper.

These diapers have very, very good absorbency, premium features and a comfortable fit. The design gives the impression of having been well-thought-out, tried, tested and improved. The weak tapes are the only noticeable negative point.

Overall, a great diaper at a good price point.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if one of the Moderators can move this for me. Couldn't post it to Diaper Reviews. :)

Reactions: Canadianfalls and notnearmine11
Any idea if available in the USA yet? Would love to try them out.

I think these are fairly cheap to produce and just coming off one of the machines in China that produces other brands too.

Personally I wasn't that impressed, they're nice and thick and absorbent but I had big trouble keeping the tiny tapes stuck (had to use sellotape) and the PE backing seems like some sort of PE and cloth hybrid rather than normal PE.

What was the PE/cloth hybrid backing like? Is there any product that has something similar? I requested a shipping quote to the US from the Quality Care store in the UK, and I also sent a message to Save Express to see if they plan on carrying it.

They don't sell the LARGE version of the PE product, so there's no point me even trying them. Shame. :\

thickdiapers said:
What was the PE/cloth hybrid backing like? Is there any product that has something similar? I requested a shipping quote to the US from the Quality Care store in the UK, and I also sent a message to Save Express to see if they plan on carrying it.

It's very hard to describe, I don't think I have seen anything quite like it. Just imagine an outer layer that is a mixture of both! I did wonder if I had been sent cloth by mistake. I haven't worn my remaining ones for a while, got a trip coming up so I might take them with me.

Too bad nateen are phasing out PE across their range :-(

Ugh.. I guess no Nateen for me. I wish all these manufacturers weren't switching to cloth. At least there are some good abdl diapers on the market these days...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back