Favorite childhood diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an early 50s baby, so cloth diapers for me. I probably started with rubber pants, but am sure I was wearing plastic (vinyl) pants when I started potty training. Always loved the feel of plastic (vinyl) pants as a kid... still do.

Huggies w/ Muppet Babies design on them.

By the way... it's amazing how many people remember specific diapers. When my kids were little, the diaper designs changed constantly. And each time a kid grew out of a size, my wife and I would try the numerous brands to find which worked best for that size. Pampers, Luvs, Huggies, house brands... they were all used at various stages of development.

I guess my question is, how many remember and how many are reminded from a photo of themselves in a particular design?

Luvs in 2000 with Barney the Dinosaur on the tape zone.

Onesieman said:

Loved those diapers. Wish Abu or someone would make a adult replica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onesieman said:

Yes, I would have to say these are the most memorable for some reason :dunno: I don't know why I never wore any of them.

I would love to have some now just for the collective/nostalgic purposes.

BluefireJay05 said:
Yes, I would have to say these are the most memorable for some reason :dunno: I don't know why I never wore any of them.

I would love to have some now just for the collective/nostalgic purposes.

Yeah, I'd have to agree! The 2000's Barney Luvs were the best diapers ever! It was a sad day when they switched to cloth-like covers.

CheshireCat said:
By the way... it's amazing how many people remember specific diapers. When my kids were little, the diaper designs changed constantly. And each time a kid grew out of a size, my wife and I would try the numerous brands to find which worked best for that size. Pampers, Luvs, Huggies, house brands... they were all used at various stages of development.

I guess my question is, how many remember and how many are reminded from a photo of themselves in a particular design?

I don't remember when I was a baby, but my first memories around 5 or so are when we had disposable diapers which were contoured and plain white. (I have a sibling 4 years younger than me).

the diapers were plain white when I was a kids in the 70's, I don't think they started putting designs on them until sometime in the 1980's

Pinned on cloth diapers with rubber pants were all the fashion when I was little. I remember them clearly as my mother would often put me back into diapers after one of my numerous "accidents". Today I still wear cloth with plastic baby panties at night switching to disposable with plastic during the day. My mother was right, if you have "accidents" you have to wear your diapers all the time.

Add me to the white Goodnites crew, those were the best

littleboy904 said:
Loved those diapers. Wish Abu or someone would make a adult replica.

They actually did years ago. I remember briefly having a pack of them several years ago when I first started really exploring diapers and the ABDL lifestyle. They were called ABU Extra Thick Overnight diapers, they had 2 tabs per side, and they looked like this:
XTO+Diaper+half+1.jpg

They were made back when ABU's products were less than stellar (i.e. the one-wet wonder Cushies). If I recall, they were better than the aforementioned Cushies, but definitely weren't great.

Anyways, back to the original topic. For me, Goodnites and Pull Ups were what really turned me on to the ABDL lifestyle, along with all the stuff I used as a kid (Huggies kid: diapers, pull ups and Goodnites).

Onesieman said:

Wearing one right now!

babybobby said:
Wearing one right now!

Lucky you.

My favorite baby diaper is a tie between Luvs and Pampers from 1987 through 1992. I wore both of them until I was 10 and a half because of bedwetting. I remember they used to come out with fun prints. They even had Easter designs in 1992. I am not sure why the newer baby diapers are not as cute and definitely not as good as the vintage ones.

Definitely the plastic backed Luvs with Barney. I miss those so much!

goodnitesco96 said:
So even though I am still in Goodnites (which surprises me that they still fit me at 20), I would still have to say my favorite childhood diaper would be Goodnites, if you can even call them diapers. The diaper that got me back into wearing and using was a Pull-Ups 4t-5t i basically stole from my old elementary school around 7th grade. What was your guys' favorite childhood diaper/pull-up?

I have to fo with Luvs size 6. Becuause at the time, for me, they fit (barely) and were pretty absorbent with light wetting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back