Thread: A pacifer that always closes

Default A pacifer that always closes

AlwaysClean Pacifier

Anywa,s this is a pacifer that always closes when it drops out of the babies mouth. I think it's such a great idea, I have one that I bring with my everywhere. (I might not use it all the time, but I do bring it all the time.) This is such a good idea, because pacifers don't stay in the mouth unless it's it's attached to something, and now you don't have to go to a bathroom and wash it all the time, or use a wipe or blow it off.

Self-Closing Pacifiers

This one is better, is has animals. I have the red/yellow bumblebee one, I love it and it's probably the greatest pacifer ever. I don't think I ever go back to regular pacifers.

They sell these at CVS. I'm not sure about Walmart or Walgreens or Kmart, but I'm sure they do, and at Babies R US, (if you go there.)

Comments, Questions?

Yup, I saw a panda one at CVS.

It was quite expensive, and you only get one. I would've gotten it if it was a little cheaper.

Babies are meant to be exposed to dirt and stuff. It is what gives them an immune system. We really are taking protecting our children from bacteria etc. too far. What happened before we had all this stuff for protecting them. Did the human race die out because of babies eating dirt? No, or we wouldn't be discussing it today (though there are some people on here where I question there membership of Homo Sapiens, or indeed this world).

It is a pretty good idea in terms of the engineering behind it, and it'll probably make quite a bit of money from protective parents with more money than sense. Personally I don't think it is a good idea though. There is too much protection for babies and toddlers from disease and dirt - they are meant to come into contact with it.

Our average life expectancy is almost double what it used to be since we improved our infant mortality rates. A lot of that is thanks to simple hygiene issues since the vast majority of things that used to kill babies were common illnesses. So actually yes, a lot of babies did die because they were eating dirt since that dirt can also contain high amounts of fecal matter or other bacteria depending on location.

I have one of those, a ladybug one. I don't like it much, but it does come in handy because I'm a huge germaphobe 0.0, Yet, I don't like the design much, I'd rather just make a paci leash for my nuk 5 so that it won't fall.

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    Our average life expectancy is almost double what it used to be since we improved our infant mortality rates. A lot of that is thanks to simple hygiene issues since the vast majority of things that used to kill babies were common illnesses. So actually yes, a lot of babies did die because they were eating dirt since that dirt can also contain high amounts of fecal matter or other bacteria depending on location.
    Actually, I think you will find most of that is the medical treatment once they get ill, as much as the contraction of illness itself. If a baby isn't exposed to bacteria and so on, it doesn't develop its immune system as much. I can't remember the source for it, but I am pretty sure that the immune system of babies and toddlers now is weaker then it used to be a few years (probably 3-5 decades ago, I can't remember exactly) ago.

A baby gets ill we can now treat them to cure the illness. But their immune system still gets a work out.

1 issue if it falls in mud it still gets dirty plus washing it of is not that bad