Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Netflix is "Illegal"

Default "Netflix is "Illegal"

I was just told by my sister that the IT teacher (the one I've been telling you about) threatened a class mate with the police for using Netflix.
    Apparently Netflix is illegal, why the fuck isn't the guy fired yet?

Doubt the police will do anything, but I've heard stories that they have arrested people from doing something as simple as changing a wall paper, so.... who knows.

Edit...
    What ended up happening was her friend was banned from the school network for a week.

Even if it was illegal, I don't think it would stop people from using it. But why would anyone get the idea that it would be illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
    I was just told by my sister that the IT teacher (the one I've been telling you about) threatened a class mate with the police for using Netflix.
    Apparently Netflix is illegal, why the fuck isn't the guy fired yet?

Doubt the police will do anything, but I've heard stories that they have arrested people from doing something as simple as changing a wall paper, so.... who knows.

Edit...
    What ended up happening was her friend was banned from the school network for a week.
    How is this man an IT Teacher?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLion View Post
    Even if it was illegal, I don't think it would stop people from using it. But why would anyone get the idea that it would be illegal?
    Well the IT dude, is some guy in his 60s, with a PHD , so he thinks everything he thinks is correct, "he is one of those arrogant professors" who just refuse to accept anything even if there wrong.

Trust me, the amount of claims this guy makes, makes him sound like a snake oil salesperson.

List of claims this "snake oil salesperson makes"
    1. Macs cannot get viruses.
    2. OSX cannot run on PC hardware, even though there is a actual group dedicated to doing such, and is something I've done before.
    3. Linux is illegal, and only used by hackers.
    4. Tor is used by pedophiles...
    5. Only UNI students code in binary, and that's the only language they use.
    6. You can't learn programming properly until you do a degree in IT.
    7. Thinks that everyone who makes a website will be rich.
    8. All teenagers are stupid, and should be locked up, and don't forget teenagers don't know anything.

That's only a small list of the crap he thinks.

You get the basic gist of this guys logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    How is this man an IT Teacher?
    Long story short, the proper IT teacher, who actually worked in IT for some time before becoming a teacher, got caught up in a cold case murder, so obviously he lost his job, (he got acquitted) It's a very complicated court case. can't say anymore about that otherwise it will identify who i am lol.

From what I got told, some school student made out he touched or hit her, so they did a DNA test, came back positive for that murder, and he was cleared of the assault, because the school student was talking shit, some people hated the teacher because he was "a bit harsh" to those who weren't doing there work, kind of valued intellectual thinking from what I gathered.

Really nice teacher though, in hot weather he would let us sit in class playing games, was going to move me up a grade because I was smarter than average, stuff like that. (I think the video tapes cleared him as well, can't remember the exact details as I'm not supposed to know this (practically was a "leak")

Was a bit of a surprise, because the police seized his server on the day, he had a custom built gaming server in his little office, so we can play minecraft on sometimes, can't remember what he ended up using it for though.

(Had to edit this, showed up on google search yikes)
    Last edited by LittleJess; 14-Jan-2017 at 07:16.

Why are you letting his guy get to you. He seems like a moron. Take the lessons he has to teach, but take them with a grain of salt.

Well apart from being a moron the teacher sounds like a bully which should never be tolerated.

The person watching Netflix wasn't doing it during a class though were they? I would be pissed as the teacher if I encountered that sort of behaviour.

I have to say though if I was watching Netflix (which I have and pay for) and some twerp threatened me with it I would definitely be in the morons face to call his bluff.

Anyway in Australia police only exist to hand out speeding fines the lazy shits don't do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Well apart from being a moron the teacher sounds like a bully which should never be tolerated.

The person watching Netflix wasn't doing it during a class though were they? I would be pissed as the teacher if I encountered that sort of behaviour.

I have to say though if I was watching Netflix (which I have and pay for) and some twerp threatened me with it I would definitely be in the morons face to call his bluff.

Anyway in Australia police only exist to hand out speeding fines the lazy shits don't do anything else.
    Yeah they were, though a proxy I assume.

I'm sick of this teacher giving people misinformation, might as well start telling people the world is 6000 years old, and that computers can fly.

When I was there, he didn't even understand that bit torrent is a legitimate program used by millions for legitimate purposes, I remember he was making us do assignments on how bittorrent is "illegal and bad for the entertainment industry" not realizing it's dual purpose technology, so obviously all the research was bias, because he was giving people a false impression, and bad examples to use, the list goes on and on. I actually wrote an unbias assignment, had to redo it because it didn't fit his "idea" of what BitTorrent technology. Even though I wrote a torrent scraper by scratch once, completely throw that out the window, it's not like I understand the technology (I once wrote a entire torrent site by scratch because I was bored) so yeah I've got a decent understanding of the entire protocol, enough to implement it at least. I was trying to come up with a solution to a problem I had, but ended up writing a torrent site (the scraper was written in python and used as a cgi script) wrote it by scratch for some reason, there was a good library for it, but didn't do what I wanted.

Better yet, "he was teaching us how bad hackers are" and went on about how there are only bad hackers, and they can launch nukes by whistling into a telephone, and that phone phreaking was still possible, it was hilarious, obviously I knew the reference, (Kevin Mitnick) but even than he couldn't actually whistle into the phone to set off nukes, it was just hype to get him a long prison term. This teacher is stupid.

So glad I don't go there anymore, he was teaching scratch and java-script, he couldn't even understand that java and java script aren't related or the same at all.

Must be some wierd laws in Oz. Only way I can think Netflix would be illegal would be using somebody else's account.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Must be some wierd laws in Oz. Only way I can think Netflix would be illegal would be using somebody else's account.
    It's not, the teacher doesn't know shit, xD, thinks any form of streaming, or torrenting is illegal.