Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health Concern?

Default Health Concern?

I am having these odd headaches sometimes where i get really fogged headed, anxoius, then I get really sleepy...any ideas?

Also , it turns out my BP is lower then Average, and my Resting Heart Rate stays at about 55, sometimes i have these headaches/blacking out when i was driving

secretdl26

It could be migraines, do you have increased sensitivity to light at the same time?

I am not a doctor. I say go talk to someone who is. They have far more experience than people on this site will have and will almost certainly (as in a 1 in 1 000 000 chance that they don't) have a better idea what it is and what to do. I agree with secretdl that it might be migraines if you also get sensitivity to light with it, but I don't really know that much.

If you think something is wrong with something your body is doing, you go see a doctor. They are professionals in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    If you think something is wrong with something your body is doing, you go see a doctor. They are professionals in that area.
    Yes, your symptoms could come from any number of causes, but a medical professional will run the appropriate tests to get to the root cause of your problem. If it's bothering you enough to feel concerned about it, it's time for you to seek a doctor's care.

~Pramrider

Does your vision cloud over when it happens and you feel like you're going to collapse but you don't? I get something like that sometimes. According to the doctor, most of the time it is to do with blood pressure (too high or too low), but it wasn't in my case.

Well I am planning to see a doc, but just asking here, cause I wanted to see if any ideas I havent thought of wear brought up.

And no, my vision isnt affected and the headaches arent bad, its the sudden sleepiness and the blackouts that worry me .

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    Well I am planning to see a doc, but just asking here, cause I wanted to see if any ideas I havent thought of wear brought up.

And no, my vision isnt affected and the headaches arent bad, its the sudden sleepiness and the blackouts that worry me .
    It could be one of several things. However, get an appointment with your PCP as soon as you can (call Monday) and get checked out. The blackouts are particularly distressing, and may leave you upside-down in a ditch if you have one while driving.

Get it seen to ASAP.

I just hope it doesnt lead to a medical restriction on my driving.

If you are having unexplained blackouts while driving you would probably want to stop driving as soon as possible.

As far as what it is, it would be really hard to narrow it down much at all from what you said, basically it would depend on your previous medical history, how old you are, social history (drinking, drugs, etc), and then a bunch of things about the present illness like how this started, if its relatively new, or if it has been going on for a while, what got worse, did the symptoms all come at the same time, or did certain things happen first (for example do headaches always precede the blackout/dizziness/fatigue or do they sometimes happen on their own). Basically I could start listing possible causes, but based on the information given it really won't close in on what is actually happening for you. Basically the advice of seeing your doctor is the best route to take. Again, if you have no warning of these blackouts its probably best to avoid operating any sort of motor vehicle, also if the symptoms get noticeable worse, the headache starts being really painful (not sure how bad it is now) or you start noticing the symptoms more often or blacking out you should call your doctor or go to the local Emergency Department (Basically if you are worried it is better to get it checked out and make sure there isnít a serious problem)

Could be anxiety attacks; allergies; narcolepsy... or syptoms of something curable... I suggest what Hegel/Pramrider said.