Make your own onesies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find that the onesies out there are expensive. I would like to have a supply of them, so I thought to make my own. I got a snap press kit and took a long t-shirt and put snaps at the crotch. Also did a tank top. Viola! Instant onesie.
You can cut out the legs or leave it - makes for an interesting piece of clothing.
Not sure I would wear it in public with a diaper under.

Phil tank top.jpg

FYI fruit if the loom sells Tall tshirts. Walmart here infrequently carries them, but I spotted one pack one day and got it to try. Very nice. I ended up ordering a 3pk online later. Great for doing just this sort of thing with. Or just if you like to lounge around the house like I do in all white (diaper, socks, tshirt) and have a bit more vertical cover but a fully exposed diaper anyway.

bambinod said:
FYI fruit if the loom sells Tall tshirts. Walmart here infrequently carries them, but I spotted one pack one day and got it to try. Very nice. I ended up ordering a 3pk online later. Great for doing just this sort of thing with. Or just if you like to lounge around the house like I do in all white (diaper, socks, tshirt) and have a bit more vertical cover but a fully exposed diaper anyway.

Yes, lounging around - that is what I like, diaper, onesie, and socks. There seems to be a lot of garments out there one could convert to onesies. More choices with women's clothes, if you enjoy a little crossing over. Looking to try that.

a quick footnote. the onesie I made from a tank top was a polyester. This got damp with a little capillary action (common problem I find with onesies), and stunck, badly. Something about the polyester. Stick with cotton, it won't stunck.

I made one not too long ago right before Christmas entirely from scratch with no pattern to go off and no prior experience sewing with a sewing machine which was a crappy sewing machine more or less for a child learning to sew.

It turned out better than I had originally anticipated I made it with a few yards of cloth, the only things I need to improve on or just don't do is, don't cut a neckline in the back of the cloth, make sure to add cloth to the edges of the cloth so it looks nice and lastly cut the front Crotch flap shorter. Other than those 3 things it felt great while wearing. I intend on making another with those particular fixes.

If you use regular (not tall, which I also own) V-neck tee shirts, you can sew up the crotch (the bottom edge of the hems together) rather than using (potentially) uncomfortable snaps. Also if you leak "substances", you are dropping the onesie off of your legs rather than dragging it up your body and over your head (yuk). I have hand-sewn a few of these and they make a nice tight fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back